Options

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BullSquatch said:

@deadman said:
    Morning all, Norteno today

I have been wanting to try one of those!

Not bad, picked up a box of 10 from JR a year or two ago for $30. This year it was the small 4x40 for that price and I passed.

• Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diver43 said:
    @Pacman84 It is one of the few that the label stuck. You sent it with either a Jalapeno for me to try. Damn tastey cigar

Damn been that long lol glad you enjoyed it brother.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,120 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Archetype Curses from @VegasFrank , ROTT, the way he likes them. Nice flavor once I ran the Perfect Draw poker through it. From what I have read the draw of this firm cigar is a consistent problem, but easily fixed. Thanks, Frank.

Sorry about the draw Edward. I've smoked a handful of these and haven't had any issues yet. Glad you were still able to enjoy.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

And it just started to rain, lol. Should have looked at the radar rather than the forecast.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pacman84 said:

@Diver43 said:
    @Pacman84 It is one of the few that the label stuck. You sent it with either a Jalapeno for me to try. Damn tastey cigar

Yup
    I smoked the Jalapeno by the hotel pool while they tented our house when our neighbors house got swarmed by termites April of 2017

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Diver43 said:

@Pacman84 said:

@Diver43 said:

Yup
    I smoked the Jalapeno by the hotel pool while they tented our house when our neighbors house got swarmed by termites April of 2017

I smoked one last week and still have one left.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Vencedora", oh, at first glance I thought I read "Revenge Dog", lol. How was it?

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    "Vencedora", oh, at first glance I thought I read "Revenge Dog", lol. How was it?

Pretty tasty. Bought a bunch on special and they were pretty wet and even after a couple weeks in the humi they had burn problems. Dry boxed this one overnight and clipped it and stuck it in the fridge for about 25 min. Finally can taste all the flavors sweetnes, leather essence, wood notes, light pepper on the retro, mostly so far.

Very enjoyable. Not full bodied like stated. More like med-full. I'll probably grab another 50 since they are on the scary place for so cheap. At sub $2 (after coupon code), it's probably the best deal in cigars right now. Just need to let them rest extensively IMO. Not sure about 94 but value to cost is undeniable.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^ the fridge? What magic are you not telling us about?

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

@peter4jc said:
    ^^^ the fridge? What magic are you not telling us about?

Think of it as dry boxing on steroids..lol. It's not something I usually do but I wanted to get a fair assessment of this cigar before the sale ends. The two I tried previously had burn issues and offputting flavors due to being too wet. I generally only smoke my aged cigars (most 6-10 years) but need to try some things sooner do to sales opportunities, like in this case.

• Options

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@silvermouse said:

Pretty tasty. Bought a bunch on special and they were pretty wet and even after a couple weeks in the humi they had burn problems. Dry boxed this one overnight and clipped it and stuck it in the fridge for about 25 min. Finally can taste all the flavors sweetnes, leather essence, wood notes, light pepper on the retro, mostly so far.

Very enjoyable. Not full bodied like stated. More like med-full. I'll probably grab another 50 since they are on the scary place for so cheap. At sub $2 (after coupon code), it's probably the best deal in cigars right now. Just need to let them rest extensively IMO. Not sure about 94 but value to cost is undeniable.

The scary place, that’s down past the happy place? Right next to the good place.

• Options
    edited July 2020

@deadman said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@silvermouse said:

The scary place, that’s down past the happy place? Right next to the good place.

Scary good deals to be sure..lol👍

Oh, and PayPal is a 5% cash back category right now with Discover. Even better. 🤟

• Options
    edited July 2020

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@deadman said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@silvermouse said:

Oh, and PayPal is a 5% cash back category right now with Discover. Even better. 🤟

Think there’s a typo, says it’s only 10% off

But they got the Jericho Hill fiver for $25

• Options
    edited July 2020

@deadman said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@deadman said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:

@silvermouse said:

Think there’s a typo, says it’s only 10% off

But they got the Jericho Hill fiver for $25

Exactly. They just put it back on blowout. I always check cigars, sales, then sort by %off. Do the same for close outs. Was very surprised to see them on the monster for an additional buck off. Would be stocking up on those Macanudo Inspirado oranges also if I didn't just buy 50 of the Inspirado reds recently. 🙂

The Jericho will get you free shipping also. Just hit checkout before switching to the main site so your cart will follow over. Any of the free shipping deals are essentially $8 off since you'd have to pay that anyway.

• Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    Morning all. Got this one from the MIA @GaryThompson

Hope it was a good one. I don’t know about you but I love those.