Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    One of the few milder sticks I have left and it was pretty good. Not real familiar with Gurkhas so not sure which one this is but was pretty good and as you can see the ash held on like a champ.

Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    Diesel Unholy Cocktail - date 8/30/10 courtesy of the robbyras.

OH

MY

GOD

this is one of the 5 best maduros I have ever smoked. (I smoke about 5 premium+ maduros a week... so I know a thing or 2 about maddies)

these things are good ROTT... but with 18 months... this cigar has evolved into one of the single most impressive cigars I've ever smoked at ANY price. And I just bought a box of em off the sprint for $62!! So in 2 years I will have 30 cigars this good... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

• Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Undercrown. While cleaning off the cars while my son plays in the snow.

• Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    BigT06:

OH

MY

GOD

this is one of the 5 best maduros I have ever smoked. (I smoke about 5 premium+ maduros a week... so I know a thing or 2 about maddies)

these things are good ROTT... but with 18 months... this cigar has evolved into one of the single most impressive cigars I've ever smoked at ANY price. And I just bought a box of em off the sprint for $62!! So in 2 years I will have 30 cigars this good... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

OK...so what your sayin is, I really need to fire up one from this Diesel Smash Pack I got on 8/18/10.
  • Options
    amz1301:
    BigT06:

OH

MY

GOD

OK...so what your sayin is, I really need to fire up one from this Diesel Smash Pack I got on 8/18/10.
    that is EXACTLY what I'm sayin!!
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    so this beats the jdn dc as your new fav?
  • Options
    slickric:
    so this beats the jdn dc as your new fav?
    I prefer the JdN DC fresh... so there is much more instant gratification there...

but if I was comparing this cigar (with 18 months on it) to a fresh JdN DC... yep. This is better. 18 months is a hell of an investment though... by the time I fire up any from my box I just purchased I will have probably literally smoked 100+ JdN DC.. so they aren't in any danger of being removed from rotation. lol
  • Options
    Tatuaje La Casita Criolla with coffee.
  • Options
    Katt68Katt68 Posts: 124
    JHewey:

I too am smoking an Undercrown!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Katt68:
    JHewey:

Me too!!! It's an Undercrown kinda day.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    bigharpoon:
    Katt68:
    JHewey:

Me too!!! It's an Undercrown kinda day.
    Had one myself last night, probably the same thing on the menu for tonight......and tomorrow!!!
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    Diesel corona with coffee this morning
  • Options
    REALLY loving this one with a little dr. pepper and sailor jerry's spiced rum (odd combo for the drink, I know, but I was curious if it would mix well... it's really pretty good... lol).

I don't smoke many 6x60, mainly due to the time commitment it takes, but this is a damn fine cigar. Prob not gonna replace the belicoso as my fav vitola in the Ruination, but I will def pick up another 10 pack of em next time I catch em on the Sprint.

• Options
    BigT06:
    amz1301:
    BigT06:

OH

MY

GOD

that is EXACTLY what I'm sayin!!
    Fired one up last night...glad I listened to you. First two I had were probably in the 3 month and then 6 month range and I thought they were ok. Actually from what I can remember I thought they were a little rough / harsh, if that makes any sense. Honestly forgot I had them until I saw this. You're right, time has done some wonderful things to these. Got two of these left and three "Shorty" from that pack. Guess I'll try one of the "Shorty" next then I'll have to see what Tim B. can hook up for me.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    La Aurora Preferido Maduro #2. Really digging La Aurora lately and Dominican tobacco in general.
  • Options
    I enjoyed the 6x60 so much yesterday that I decided to smoke a belicoso (my long time go-to vitola for this blend) today to compare the 2... I'm even pairing it with the same drink, so that the comparison will be fair (that's a logical reason to drink rum at 8:45am, right?). I will report back in an hour or so with my findings. Yesterdays 6x60 is gonna be tough to beat, though...

• Options
    It's official, as much as I love the belicoso... the 6x60 was downright better. I can't speak of the box date on either of them, but I purchased them the same day... so they've been in my cooler for the exact same amount of time... so I don't think its the age..

typically I like the belicoso better in any blend, and I've smoked 50x as many of them in this blend than I have of the robusto #2... but I can tell you honestly that the big 6x60 was simply better in this case.
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Needing a pick me up this morning I am pairing a Tatuaje Black Lancero with my morning pot of coffee. I like these in this size as it will last me an hour and a half. Just enough to finish my Joe.

Ah!  Just what the doctor ordered.
  • Options
    Liga under crown. My first one and it is really great. 2nd third is where it really picks up for me. Great smoke
  • Options
    Well, my first Ruination this morning was damn tasty, so I followed it up with another one. A robusto #1 that time. I really enjoyed it, but of the 3 that I've smoked over the last day, the 6x60 is still the clear winner to me.

well, I decided I wanted another stick... so I just fired up the M o'W original a few mins ago. Side by side, I still prefer the Ruination, but this is a very good cigar, too.

• Options
    I had my first 60 gauge this weekend. Was a Camacho Triple Maduro Can't believe how great that thing smoked
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    San Cristobal. By Todd's advice.

• Options
    BigT06:
    It's official, as much as I love the belicoso... the 6x60 was downright better. I can't speak of the box date on either of them, but I purchased them the same day... so they've been in my cooler for the exact same amount of time... so I don't think its the age..

typically I like the belicoso better in any blend, and I've smoked 50x as many of them in this blend than I have of the robusto #2... but I can tell you honestly that the big 6x60 was simply better in this case.
    Have to agree with you on this also. I'm not big into 60 ring gauge but I've smoked all 3 sizes of the Ruination and I prefer the 6x60 in this stick also.
  • Options
    JHewey:
    San Cristobal. By Todd's advice.

I bet it was delicious, too, wasn't it!? My box should be here on Friday. I'm so excited I can't stand it!
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Ahhh yes, a good morning for a cigar. Finally, enjoy a Avo Classic robusto this morning with my cup o joe.

• Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    After breakfast:

• Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Steve2010:
    After breakfast:

Steve, very nice. Did you use a V-cutter for that.

I had a old faithful, Padilla Series 68. Glad I took it out, it had a year and a month on it. Very nice, had it with my cup o joe....

• Options