Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you get it at a shop? If they sit under the UV light for too long, they bleach.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

@VegasFrank said:
    Did you get it at a shop? If they sit under the UV light for too long, they bleach.

No, from famous, bought several boxes. This is the first one like this. It doesn't even taste like the others (I've had a bunch already), no citrus and missing that dark smokey flavor but it was frickin fantastic! It was like a different cigar. The filler base was there but the wrapper difference really changed the overall flavor profile.

It was sweeter, had leather, and a really rich flavor. It actually reminded me of the Af rosado sun grown. I really dug it. Now I want to go upstairs and dig through long term bin for any more. I like the Brazilian wrapper it's supposed to have but really liked this one as well. No pink ash on this one also, so I'm convinced this was wrapped in something different. Really nice surprise. Hopefully I have a few like this.

These did come in three/four different wrappers (all same guts) so maybe a factory mix up?

Looking at the wrappers offerings I think this was a corojo, possibly camaroon, that got mixed in. Now wishing I would have bought several boxes of these when the getting was good. They were practically giving them away! I'm pretty sure they may have gotten mixed up in a lawsuit or infringement of some kind because there were already black lion cigars. Maybe had to discontinue?

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be floored if something with a different wrapper actually got mixed into the wrong box. They usually make those things on different days. It's not like the supervisor said to roll 25 boxes of one wrapper and then 25 boxes of another but then give them a stack of 50 cigar wrappers. Very strange, but it sounds like it was serendipitous. Awesome!

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^PerfecDraw... just sayin'...

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    ^^^PerfecDraw... just sayin'...

I did use one, it helped tremendously along with cutting past the concrete pinch. I have several in two sizes, one for larger cigars, one for thinner rings.