• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    urbino:
    dutyje:
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    "Hey, that's great... but who are the Chefs?"

With Pioli at the head and after the last two devastating seasons the Chiefs have decided to drop the 'i' from their name to emphasize the old mantra, "there is no I in team".
    "There ain't no 'we', either."
    I miss those ads :)
    Me, too. Though I can't remember what they were for. Beer?
    As is the case with all good ads.. I have no idea.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    dutyje:
    urbino:
    dutyje:
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    "Hey, that's great... but who are the Chefs?"

With Pioli at the head and after the last two devastating seasons the Chiefs have decided to drop the 'i' from their name to emphasize the old mantra, "there is no I in team".
    "There ain't no 'we', either."
    I miss those ads :)
    Me, too. Though I can't remember what they were for. Beer?
    As is the case with all good ads.. I have no idea.
    Snickers?
  • Options
    WP called it... she said Budweiser
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    Does she know we refer to her as WP yet?
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Classic. Well done, WP. In my own defense, however, I wish to call the court's attention to the fact that "beer" was my first guess.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    She will never know that.... it's one reason you'll never be permitted to meet her ;)

Settle down, 'Bino... you had it nailed. It's just more interesting to mention that I asked my wife about it and she knew. All I said was "do you remember that commercial with the guy who said 'Leon can't do everything!'" ... she said, "... Budweiser?" dead on.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    She will never know that.... it's one reason you'll never be permitted to meet her ;)
    One of the reasons eh? Eh don't fear duty my fat ass is no threat to be stealing wives.

At this point in my life I'm kind of like the dog chasing the car. if I actually caught it what the hell would I do with it?
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    One of the reasons eh? Eh don't fear duty my fat ass is no threat to be stealing wives.

At this point in my life I'm kind of like the dog chasing the car. if I actually caught it what the hell would I do with it?

or the two oldtimers walkin down the road when a frog jumps out in front of them. the frog proclaims 'kiss me an i'll turn into a beautiful princess and be all yours". The old dude picks up the frog , looks at it , and stuffs it in his pocket. His friend says didn't you hear what that from said? His buddy replys yea I heard it but at my age I'd rather have a talking frog!!!

• Options
    gmill880:

madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:

or the two oldtimers walkin down the road when a frog jumps out in front of them. the frog proclaims 'kiss me an i'll turn into a beautiful princess and be all yours". The old dude picks up the frog , looks at it , and stuffs it in his pocket. His friend says didn't you hear what that from said? His buddy replys yea I heard it but at my age I'd rather have a talking frog!!!

Ha I like it!
  • Options
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:

That wasn't one of the other reasons ;)
  • Options
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:

That wasn't one of the other reasons ;)
    I know just seemed like a good place to toss that joke in. I know I couldn't compete with the ol' analytical tripod himself.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    You guys are very witty tonight,
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Or drunk. They can easily be confused.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    madurofan:
    kaspera79:
    Or drunk. They can easily be confused.
    But usually only by other drunks.
  • Options
    arficerr surr  ....arficerr surrr
  • Options

My wife is from the Philippines. I met her for the first time in Nov - 05 and she knew I smoked a lot of cigars.  Well we were at a resort and I took out a cigar to smoke while we looked out on the water. She snatched the cigar from my hand and said "I'll be the one to do that" - huh?

She cut it, lit it and took a puff and then handed it back to me. I was in shock, let's see an American woman ever do that.

Hehe, we got married 6 months later, She still does it every so often and smokes a few also.

Dan

• Options
    Fairwind:

My wife is from the Philippines. I met her for the first time in Nov - 05 and she knew I smoked a lot of cigars.  Well we were at a resort and I took out a cigar to smoke while we looked out on the water. She snatched the cigar from my hand and said "I'll be the one to do that" - huh?

She cut it, lit it and took a puff and then handed it back to me. I was in shock, let's see an American woman ever do that.

Hehe, we got married 6 months later, She still does it every so often and smokes a few also.

Dan

Well that's an interesting " How do you do ?" Welcome to the group Fairwind.. May you and Mrs. Fairwind stop by often, it sounds like you both might have some knowledge to share.
  • Options
    Henry1Henry1 Posts: 20
    I'm not married, but I have been with my girlfreind for the past 8 years. Of those 8 years I have only smoked cigars for the last 6 months, but she never complains infact she said she likes the smell of them. I think she's a keeper.
  • Options
    I agree....the talking frog was a keeper !!!
  • Options
    dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272

I don't know how i've never seen these forums on the website before now but now that i've found them i'll be reading daily. My wife hates that I bought a humidor without talking to her about it. She claims to hate me smoking cigars but if one of her friends offers me one all of a sudden it's ok. But heaven help me if I smoke one during a round of golf with my friends. I try not to smoke around her and after I do i'll at least brush my teeth and scrub my hands, sometimes i'll even shower. I will definately offer her one next time just to see if she'll enjoy it as much as I do.

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Henry1:
    I'm not married, but I have been with my girlfreind for the past 8 years. Of those 8 years I have only smoked cigars for the last 6 months, but she never complains infact she said she likes the smell of them. I think she's a keeper.
    Lucky SOB!
  • Options
    Welcome aboard dwayne. Keep up the posting. We have a lot of fun on here.
  • Options

madurofan:
    Welcome aboard dwayne. Keep up the posting. We have a lot of fun on here.

Thanks! I'm like a kid in a candy store right now, I don't know which post to read first! Pace myself...Pace myself...

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Yeah, welcome DeeWayne. When it comes to pleasing the wife, I like to rely upon the wisdom of Homer Simpson..."Can't win, don't try."
  • Options
    Hey dwayne.. Welcome ! Give it a little time, she will see it's really a harmless way to relax, and won't give you such a hard time. How long have you been married ? AND.. we are all friends here, so blame it on us..
  • Options
    We've been married for 6 years. I kinda set myself up for trouble so I really have no one to blame. Buying my humidor was a true impulse purchase(it was my first trip to a true cigar shop and I got a little too excited). The part that I messed up on was never mentioning my interest in cigars and having a humidor. So when I walked in with my new toy I pretty much new what was coming. Her big hangup is comparing cigar smoking to cigarette smoking. She knows i'm not a fan of cigarettes so she feels I shouldn't do one if I don't like the other b/c she to her they're the same. Oh bother, maybe one day she'll give up/in......but i doubt it.
  • Options
    I've been married a lot longer, so maybe my wife figures there are worse thing I could be doing, she never says a word. Well, sometimes she will comment on the smell, (ie.) hmmm that smells pretty good, or eewww that one stinks. I never smoke in the house, and if we are outside I ask her if the smoke is bothering her. She buys me cigars as presents, and she smokes cigarettes, so that may be how I get by without comment. Hang in there, in a few more years she won't care at all.
  • Options
    robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

"Happiness is a long ash."

• Options
    robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219

Women, can't live with them and can't...uh...nevermind.

"Happiness is a long ash".

• Options
    My wife actually bought me my first humidor and even though she is allergic to the smoke (eyes puff up,nose turns red and coughs like crazy ) if in direct contact with it she is ok with it. She will never smoke one and occasionaly she will tell me if I have a heavy cigar smell to my cloths....this is about as close to a negative that I get....I in turn respect what the smoke does to her and smoke outside or in the man-cave downstairs if at home. On a side note the last cigar order I received she tore it open and called me and described the contents so she could laugh at and tease me about my excitement .....26 years and yeah I think she's a keeper ....