Home Cigar 101

Pleasing the wife...

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    26 years, You got me beat. I keep telling these newlyweds, give it time guys, after a while she will let you get away with so much more. An occasional cigar will be trivial.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kaspera79:
    26 years, You got me beat. I keep telling these newlyweds, give it time guys, after a while she will let you get away with so much more. An occasional cigar will be trivial.

never a truer statement Kas
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    There are still limits. After 9 years she's still burned about that thing with my secretary.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I wasn't even that burned with my priest for that long.....
    phobicsquirrel:
    Ummm. Squirrel, Please don't share too much more of that story.
    kaspera79:
    phobicsquirrel:
    lol, you know I was kidding right?
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    robert69165:

Women, can't live with them and can't...uh...nevermind.

"Happiness is a long ash".

bury 'em in the back yard... :)
  • TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    kaspera79:
    phobicsquirrel:
    lol, you know I was kidding right?

Ok, NOW I AM wondering - I am feeling some remorse here... he
    Of course I know you were kidding, Father Mc Feeley...
    kaspera79:
    Of course I know you were kidding, Father Mc Feeley...
    hehe
    gmill880:
    My wife actually bought me my first humidor and even though she is allergic to the smoke (eyes puff up,nose turns red and coughs like crazy ) if in direct contact with it she is ok with it. She will never smoke one and occasionaly she will tell me if I have a heavy cigar smell to my cloths....this is about as close to a negative that I get....I in turn respect what the smoke does to her and smoke outside or in the man-cave downstairs if at home. On a side note the last cigar order I received she tore it open and called me and described the contents so she could laugh at and tease me about my excitement .....26 years and yeah I think she's a keeper ....

Talking to the wife about the cigar tax April 1st and some smokes that are on sale at a cigar store that I frequent that I would like to have/try....She says why don't you go Sunday and stock up before they go up , you can always do one of those tupperware things until you get that cabinet one you like!!!!!! I honestly don't know how or why I got so lucky ...she really does not care or say anything about what I spend on these damn cigars!?!?!?
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    "ounds like you got a good one gene! I am always tempted to hide my behavior(cigar spending) yet I always turn out being honest with my better half and she is always seemingly accepting. It's nice to have someone who revels in the things I'm obsessed/excited about.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Sounds like you got a good one gene! I am always tempted to hide my behavior(cigar spending) yet I always turn out being honest with my better half and she is always seemingly accepting. It's nice to have someone who revels in the things I'm obsessed/excited about.
    It makes life so much easier
  • sanesane Posts: 151
    I find that eating some candied ginger along with doing what others have stated works the best for me.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    But then you'll taste like candied ginger, which can be pretty abrasive. I lucked out, my girlfriend loves how I taste and smell after a cigar.
    betasynn:
    But then you'll taste like candied ginger, which can be pretty abrasive. I lucked out, my girlfriend loves how I taste and smell after a cigar.
    ...Dude, a little to much information, but good for you !
    Taste as in kiss-wise, dude.
    betasynn:
    ... I knew that, it's just that I'm jealous.. My wife always says "get away till you take a shower," so I have to go through a disinfecting process in order to get near her.
    The only thing I can think of that she really doesn't like me eating is pickles. But that's easily remedied. And I don't eat pickles too often, anyways.
    betasynn:
    The only thing I can think of that she really doesn't like me eating is pickles. But that's easily remedied. And I don't eat pickles too often, anyways.
    No pickles ? I can live with that..
    kaspera79:
    betasynn:
    ... I knew that, it's just that I'm jealous.. My wife always says "get away till you take a shower," so I have to go through a disinfecting process in order to get near her.
    lol.. Maybe you should smoke some swisher sweets, that way you don't have to do that.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I've found that V8 vegetable juice is excellent at getting rid of cigar breath. just drink a small glass and kinda swish it around for a few seconds and you're good to go.
    bacon.jay:
    I've found that V8 vegetable juice is excellent at getting rid of cigar breath. just drink a small glass and kinda swish it around for a few seconds and you're good to go.
    hmmm..you learn something new every day. I'll have to try that.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    bacon.jay:

Actually thats not too far out in left field. When my dog thought it would be a good idea to screw with a skunk, we ended up bathing him in tomato juice. Maybe it's the acid? Got rid of about 90% of the smell, atleast you couldnt smell him down the street anymore...what a dumass :).
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    betasynn:
    No pickles?!!! That sounds like a problem. Pickles are in my top five favorite foods.
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    Although, if she likes the smell of cigars, thats pretty cool.
    Jetmech_63:
    bacon.jay:

Actually thats not too far out in left field. When my dog thought it would be a good idea to screw with a skunk, we ended up bathing him in tomato juice. Maybe it's the acid? Got rid of about 90% of the smell, atleast you couldnt smell him down the street anymore...what a dumass :).
    lol.. I was at a customer's house who lives out in the "boonies" and her son chased a skunk but never caught it, got sprayed though. I had to leave it was so bad.
    We've had skunks spray our door, since it swings in the wind sometimes. I think it startles them, but I sleep with my window very close to the door, just a floor up, and at least twice, I've woken up smelling skunk.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    when i was 17 i shot a skunk right outside my parents' first-floor bedroom window. i never got sprayed the whole time i was chasing it, and it didn't spray when i shot it, but...

apparently when you die, all your muscles relax, and well... same thing happened to the skunk and it kinda leaked all over the ground right under the window...

mom was pissed... the smell wouldn't go away for a month.