Options

Movies.

Comments

• Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    docbp87:
    boydmcgowan:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Watching Hobo With A Shotgun... damn what a film.

hahaha, just put this one in the netflix instant queue, pretty fired up about it. I hadn't heard of it before seeing it in target while getting toddler stuff, and it looks awesome. I seriously don't know anything about it, though is it one of the grind house style films? Looks like it. I freaking loved Death Proof.
    Yes. It began life as a trailer that won a contest to be included in the Canadian theatrical release of the Grindhouse double feature. As for Rodriguez and Tarantino's "Grindhouse" films... well they did nothing but pissed me off as a collector, and lover of the actual films in this style (I have 5 or 600 "grindhouse" films in my collection, as well as just about every book of film theory and history written on the subject, from SLEAZOID EXPRESS to Tim Lucas's massive Bava book...) If anyone wants recommendations for legitimate exploitation, 42nd Street trash cinema, let me know what you are looking for, and I'll tell you what to watch!
    Ok that makes sense, sorta like Machete, then right? Now I'm even more looking forward to it.

Thats funny on the new Tarantino ones pissing you off, doc. I could see that if you're a true purist of the genre, becuase I know tarantino is a bit much sometimes. I don't know much about the genre at all but would like to so I'm gonna have to take you up on that offer.

PM to you, brother.

On a side note, I love Death Proof but didn't care for Grindhouse much at all. Death Proof was a blast though, considering a 15 minute car chase at the end, the two bada$$ cars, kurt russell, excessive gore, the movie could do no wrong. And I did think Tarantino was on his game for the dialog in this one.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    boydmcgowan:
    docbp87:
    boydmcgowan:
    stephen_hannibal:
    Watching Hobo With A Shotgun... damn what a film.

hahaha, just put this one in the netflix instant queue, pretty fired up about it. I hadn't heard of it before seeing it in target while getting toddler stuff, and it looks awesome. I seriously don't know anything about it, though is it one of the grind house style films? Looks like it. I freaking loved Death Proof.
    Yes. It began life as a trailer that won a contest to be included in the Canadian theatrical release of the Grindhouse double feature. As for Rodriguez and Tarantino's "Grindhouse" films... well they did nothing but pissed me off as a collector, and lover of the actual films in this style (I have 5 or 600 "grindhouse" films in my collection, as well as just about every book of film theory and history written on the subject, from SLEAZOID EXPRESS to Tim Lucas's massive Bava book...) If anyone wants recommendations for legitimate exploitation, 42nd Street trash cinema, let me know what you are looking for, and I'll tell you what to watch!
    Ok that makes sense, sorta like Machete, then right? Now I'm even more looking forward to it.

Thats funny on the new Tarantino ones pissing you off, doc. I could see that if you're a true purist of the genre, becuase I know tarantino is a bit much sometimes. I don't know much about the genre at all but would like to so I'm gonna have to take you up on that offer.

PM to you, brother.

On a side note, I love Death Proof but didn't care for Grindhouse much at all. Death Proof was a blast though, considering a 15 minute car chase at the end, the two bada$$ cars, kurt russell, excessive gore, the movie could do no wrong. And I did think Tarantino was on his game for the dialog in this one.
    The stunts in deathproof were awesome, that gal zoey is amazing!!!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Artic Blast. It's so epicly bad it's great! Can't wait for Behemoth to get added to netflix instant. It's gonna be the same. Looks so tragic
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    boydmcgowan:

PM to you, brother.

Back at you.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    So my buddy just got back from watching Apollo 18 and wants that part of his life back. "Blair Witch Project goes to the Moon" was how he described it. Not just bad, Horrid. And not in a so bad it's funny way. (Heck, I could pretty much tell that from the trailer).
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    So my buddy just got back from watching Apollo 18 and wants that part of his life back. "Blair Witch Project goes to the Moon" was how he described it. Not just bad, Horrid. And not in a so bad it's funny way. (Heck, I could pretty much tell that from the trailer).
    This is why I can't wait to see it! It looks so tragically awful. It's like a train wreck you just can't look away! lol Not sure if I'm willing to go see it though or just wait for it to come out on redbox
  • Options
    zoom6zoom:
    lol,,too bad its not bare wench goes to the moon,,thanks for sparing me.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    The Kid:
    zoom6zoom:
    lol,,too bad its not bare wench goes to the moon,,thanks for sparing me.
    I'd watch that! Though opinions on the movie are hit and miss, I'm still going to check it out on Monday. When will I learn to listen to others?
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Watching the new TRON somehow I always fall asleep on this movie.

• Options
    Been watching old Samurai movies for like 4 days straight now (its a good thing some of them are really long, like the 3+ hour Seven Samurai), and boy... there are some amazing films in this genre (actually in the Japanese Jidaigeki, or period films in general). Some favorites I've watched recently: Kagemusha (kind of a Prince and the Pauper tale of sorts, set during a big war), Ran (King Lear adapted to Feudal Japan), Hara-Kiri (Young man coerced into committing Seppuku in a horrifying way, an older Ronin gets revenge. Some of the best writing, best atmosphere, and coolest sword fighting I've ever seen), Yojimbo (the basis for Sergio Leone's first movie with Clint Eastwood, A Fistful of Dollars, clever, goofy, but skilled Ronin pits two rivals gangs against each other for control of a town, lets them do the dirty work for him), Sanjuro ( sequel to Yojimbo, just an entertaining. Great music, awesome sword fights, and just enough humor to keep it light hearted and well paced)... There are so many more though. Some I've seen before and love, and then I have 5 or 6 between DVDs, Netflix, and XFinity that I've not seen before, but am looking forward to. Sayonara!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Watching the new TRON somehow I always fall asleep on this movie.

I liked that movie... Nothing spectacular, hard to follow the first time I watched it but kept me entertained
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I downloaded "Everything Must Go" and all I could think about was this was Will Ferrell's "Punch Drunk Love" without a dumb tiny piano... Ugh....
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    My wife drug me to see "The Help". It was actually pretty good. The last couple of weeks some cable channel has been running all the "Bourne" movies. I love that guy.
  • Options
    Just finished watching The Ward... huge yawnfest.
    Now I'm watching Hanna... this is dope.

• Options
    Watching 2012: Ice Age. This movie is so so horrible. I seek out the worst movies on netflix instant and this one is among the top.
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    Watching 2012: Ice Age. This movie is so so horrible. I seek out the worst movies on netflix instant and this one is among the top.
    BWA HA HA HA HA!!!!! there's this terminators rip off one I think has it beat.

• Options
    Which one is that? I must see it! I've seen quite a few of pretty tragic ones on here so far lol Battle for Los Angeles is the one I couldn't make it threw it. It was the SyFy knockoff of Battle Los Angeles and came out the same day on their cahnnel. I just couldn't suffer through it. Dragon Wars I barely did, as well as this one. Now time for another. I think Megafault is calling my name.
  • Options
    Well apparently it isn't streaming anymore... but it's called "the terminators."

• Options
    Noted. I'll add it to my list so that if it goes on instant again I'm primed for it. Thanks man
  • Options
    You need to find a copy online of: Tucker and Dale vs Evil. That movie was hilarious. I was in stitches the whole time!
  • Options
    Watching the second Zatoichi film right now, The Tale of Zatoichi Continues. Pretty straight forward, not great writing, but the chambara sword fights are badass, especially involving Ichi and his shikomizue style cane/sword backhanded wielding technique.
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    ENFIDL:
    Which one is that? I must see it! I've seen quite a few of pretty tragic ones on here so far lol Battle for Los Angeles is the one I couldn't make it threw it. It was the SyFy knockoff of Battle Los Angeles and came out the same day on their cahnnel. I just couldn't suffer through it. Dragon Wars I barely did, as well as this one. Now time for another. I think Megafault is calling my name.
    I thought battle of Los Angeles was one of the better alien invasion movies. We just watched "Hannah" the little girl assassin and it was pretty good. Reminded me of "The Professional"
  • Options
    djbeenie:
    ENFIDL:
    I thought battle of Los Angeles was one of the better alien invasion movies. We just watched "Hannah" the little girl assassin and it was pretty good. Reminded me of "The Professional"
    +1 man I loved that movie. I was raving about it last night.

• Options
    djbeenie:
    ENFIDL:
    Are you talking the SyFy movie or the one that came out in theaters? The theater one was Battle: Los Angeles. The SyFy was Battle of Los Angeles. Which was just tragic imo lol
  • Options
    Not a movie but watching Sinbad: Afros and Bellbottoms so hilarious!!
  • Options
    just watched THOR, not bad but glad I didnt pay box office prices
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    The Kid:
    just watched THOR, not bad but glad I didnt pay box office prices
    I just watched it Friday... agreed.
  • Options
    Last movie I watched was "The Change-up". Extremely hilarious! That and Leslie Mann is hot!!
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    ENFIDL:
    djbeenie:
    ENFIDL:
    Are you talking the SyFy movie or the one that came out in theaters? The theater one was Battle: Los Angeles. The SyFy was Battle of Los Angeles. Which was just tragic imo lol
    Ahh I didn't realize there were two alien movies made at the same time with very similar names. Ok yeah I have never seen Battle of Los Angeles. Looks cheesy. haha
  • Options
    djbeenie:
    ENFIDL:
    djbeenie:
    ENFIDL:
    Ahh I didn't realize there were two alien movies made at the same time with very similar names. Ok yeah I have never seen Battle of Los Angeles. Looks cheesy. haha
    haha yeah battle of los angeles is terrible! lmao Although I redboxed Battle: Los Angeles yesterday and I must say awesome flick!