Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Movies.

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:
    Pulp Fiction ... Man I love this movie .
    One of the best, Do you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in Paris ?
    lol I used Royale avec Fromage, Royale with cheese, on everything in my French class. My teacher hated it at first but found it funny after awhile
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Jules: The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.

I love that scene !
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    The Way Back....this was a great survival film...of a group taken prisoners during Stalin's rule...traveled 4000 miles from the Siberia to India for freedom...book was wrote as nonfictional...but later turned out to be based on actual events...great story
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Watched Fight Club for the first time last night...I'm slowly catching up on the movies to watch from the 90's.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Watched the 2010 remake of The Wolfman last night. I was actually pretty into it. I was expecting a CGI crapfest, but with Rick Baker doing the practical effects, and his notorious obsession with Jack Pierce's famous makeup from the 1930s and 1940s, it was actually a pretty worthwhile tribute to the 1941 classic. Oh, and Anthony Hopkins was awesome!
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    If you guys like horror movies, you should check out AVGN (Angry Video Game Nerd) over at http://cinemassacre.com/. During the month of ever October he does quick reviews of horror movies. He has been reviewing all of the Nightmare on Elm Street series. He just finished all of the Frankenstein movies and Hammer's Dracula films. Not sure what series he will be reviewing tomorrow. It's worth a watch.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Boondock Saints ... I dont think I need to say anything more.
  • Options
    Boondock saints is one of my all-time favorites.. second one was ok. Have you ever watched Belly? (it stars DMX and Nas) yea i know rappers being actors... but to be honest if you like gangster/crime movies you will like it.. it is also one of my all time favorites.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Watchin Labyrinth lol woot!
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    TapeWormZ:
    Boondock saints is one of my all-time favorites.. second one was ok. Have you ever watched Belly? (it stars DMX and Nas) yea i know rappers being actors... but to be honest if you like gangster/crime movies you will like it.. it is also one of my all time favorites.
    Belly..haha I just downloaded it and I am sorry that was the worst movie I have ever seen. No offense but the plot was all over the place. When the Jamaica King was talking I couldn't understand what he was saying for the whole 30 mins he was on. Now the Visuals were great though.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    djbeenie:
    TapeWormZ:
    Belly..haha I just downloaded it and I am sorry that was the worst movie I have ever seen. No offense but the plot was all over the place. When the Jamaica King was talking I couldn't understand what he was saying for the whole 30 mins he was on. Now the Visuals were great though.
    omg that movie was effffffin horrible...i am sad that you had belly and BDS in the same sentence. No offence either.
  • Options
    lol i guess yal didn't like it to much...
  • Options
    TapeWormZ:
    lol i guess yal didn't like it to much...
    I think my favorite old school gangster movies that are really good are "New Jack City, Juice, Menace to Society".
  • Options
    Yeah, Boondock Saints is one of the WORST movies to ever gain any popularity... ever. Writing is unbearable, and the performances aren't even laughably bad. They are nauseatingly bad. And on top of that, I've actually seen douchebags with those hand tattoos, VERITAS and AEQUITAS or whatever. Blecchhh.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Goodfellas ... that was a classic old gangster flick . DeNiro and Pesci together are awsome .
  • Options
    Been on a poltergeist kick. Watched them all at work over the last few days. Guess pregamin for paranormal activity 3 put me in the mood for them lol
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Goodfellas ... that was a classic old gangster flick . DeNiro and Pesci together are awsome .
    One of my alltime favorites. Forget about it.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Watching the Human Centipede... what a eff'd up movie.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:

When I watched it I was like seriously wtf is happening...lol The reason it worked though is the guy who played the main character. He did a perfect job for that role
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    stephen_hannibal:

When I watched it I was like seriously wtf is happening...lol The reason it worked though is the guy who played the main character. He did a perfect job for that role
    Agreed the acting is phenomenal.

• Options
    Watching Insidious... Just started using my old studio monitors for my blu-ray player... Jesus Christ, whoever did the audio for this movie did it well.
    Freaking me the eff out.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to see paranormal activity 3 while I was home that was wild. On another topic anyone ever see UHF? I love that crazy flick.
  • Options
    Watching the Fourth Kind.

• Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    Every time Anchorman is on - I watch as much as I can. Still some of the funniest lines ever.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:

I really liked this movie
  • Options
    ljl:
    Every time Anchorman is on - I watch as much as I can. Still some of the funniest lines ever.
    I could watch Anchorman everyday and still laugh at it
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Don't know why but I'm watchin Jackass 2.5 off netfilx......still cracks me up...
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    stephen_hannibal:

I really liked this movie
    I did too.

Last night I got my wife to watch movies she normally would never. Both versions of last house on the left and both versions of I spit on your grave. She didn't like any of them. But she owed me for watching harry potter so I still think I got the worse end of the stick.
  • Options
    On a Fellini kick... watched La Dolce Vita two nights ago, watched 8 1/2 last night, and plan to watch Nights of Cabiria with some chick tonight.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Watched Kill The Irishman last night... had a goodfellas feel to the story progression... pretty good flick... not great, but entertaining... dude was a badass though...