Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Movies.

Comments

• Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Went to see Journey 2 "The Mysterious Island" today in 3D...first 3D movie I've seen since I was a kid (with the red and blue cardboard glasses, and don't remember it then,) but I have to say it was pretty cool. Nice movie also....
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Watched a bunch of graff documentaries this week. INFAMY was probably the best one. Anyone interested in street art should check it out. A Day in the Lyfe was great as well. Ignore Exit Through the Gift Shop, as it is a big inside joke, and about the biggest joke in the scene.
  • Options
    Apologize if anyone has already thrown this movie out there...but definitely see Ides of March....pretty good idea of how grimey politicians are during a presidential campaign!
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Just watched Goon. Oh man it totally reminded me of Slap Shot. Great movie.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I just recently signed up for Netflix and have been watching a lot of foreign horror movies, really liking the Korean ones in particular.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    I just recently signed up for Netflix and have been watching a lot of foreign horror movies, really liking the Korean ones in particular.
    Oh man have you watched I Saw The Devil yet?
  • Options
    JSaint:
    j0z3r:
    Oh man have you watched I Saw The Devil yet?
    Nope, but I'll look into it.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    j0z3r:
    OK so I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and I just signed up for VUDU today....

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    j0z3r:
    OK so I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and I just signed up for VUDU today....

Gawdam man, that's a lot of sh*t.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Just watched 2008's "SEAL Team Six". While I applaud the fact that the movie maker wanted to pay homage to the contributions the SEALs provided during Desert Storm, all they did was slap them in the face.
    Absolutely horrible. Whoever the military consultant was should never be allowed to consult again.
    I'm not just being nit-picky:
    1. It's supposed to be 1990, yet they show an Army unit wearing the ACU uniform (which wasn't fielded until 2005)
    2. They're also shown wearing IBA (Improved Body Armor), which wasn't fielded until 2004
    3. They show clips of the F-22 Raptor (which wasn't fielded until 2005)
    4. They're observing friendly tanks firing, but the tanks are shooting from prepared defensive battle positions (we had no prepared defensive positions)
    5. The Iraqi army is shown in civilian/insurgent clothing. In 1990, the Iraqi Army all wore uniforms

If you want to watch an accurate movie about the SEALs, I highly recommend ACT OF VALOR.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    I'm into old cars so I saw Dirty Mary Crazy Larry on Doc's recomendation. All in a cool flick, but I wish they talked less and drove more. I definitely preferred Vanishing Point but this one was solid.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    boydmcgowan:
    I'm into old cars so I saw Dirty Mary Crazy Larry on Doc's recomendation. All in a cool flick, but I wish they talked less and drove more. I definitely preferred Vanishing Point but this one was solid.
    Hey check out Grindhouse/Deathproof written by Quentin Tarantino & Robert Rodriguez,, Some cool stunts for sure!!!! A couple older ones I can think of are Bullet and Mother Jugs and Speed.
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    OchoZacho:
    Courageous, I can kinda be a softie when it comes to movies. I think all dads should see this.
    Great movie!!!
  • Options
    Watching Apollo 18. Dope movie.
  • Options
    Watched a Korean movie called The Man From Nowhere, basically it was Taken on steroids. Awesome action flick.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Watched a Korean movie called The Man From Nowhere, basically it was Taken on steroids. Awesome action flick.
    That movie kills.

• Options
    *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    just started children of the corn
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Just watched The Parent Trap (newer version w/ Lindsey Lohan). Ok, this is like my 7th time seeing it. I like it ok?
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Just watched The Parent Trap (newer version w/ Lindsey Lohan). Ok, this is like my 7th time seeing it. I like it ok?

I see some has a thing for Lindsey.....
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    He's not the only one! Between her and all the other stars, I just sit there drooling every time I watch Mean Girls. And La Lohan in that Love Bug remake she did? SSSSSMOKIN HOT!

Of course, this was all before the crystal meth destroyed her. :-(
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Petey*:
    That's wsup!
  • Options
    Probably going to get forced to see that new Snow White movie......
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JSaint:
    Probably going to get forced to see that new Snow White movie......
    Snow White and the Huntsman or Mirror Mirror?
    I will not be seeing Mirror Mirror, but the Huntsman looks pretty good IMHO. My fiance wants to see it so I have a feeling I'll be going to see it this weekend.

And FWIW, my dad saw it last weekend & he thought it was pretty good. He said the acting and visuals were decent if that makes you feel any better about going to see it.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    *Petey*:
    That's wsup!
    hahaha, yeah it started out pretty good and creepy and I was pretty into it, but then the last 30 minutes or so just sorta killed it for me. That and the leader of the children had a REALLY annoying voice and yelled the whole time. Linda Hamilton was a suprise though I didn't know she was in it. Same year as Terminator I think.
  • Options
    Watched Halloween H20 last week too, and the remake of When a Stranger Calls. Both we're good for different reasons. H20 was just fun, and when a stranger calls was pretty creepy and had a few good scenes. Wasn't the best horror I've ever seen but it wasn't the worst either.
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    He's not the only one! Between her and all the other stars, I just sit there drooling every time I watch Mean Girls. And La Lohan in that Love Bug remake she did? SSSSSMOKIN HOT!

No really. I like that movie. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. (that's what she said?) haha no no really though. I like that movie
  • Options
    jliu:
    The Sniper:

No really. I like that movie. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. (that's what she said?) haha no no really though. I like that movie
    you big softie you
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I am going to watch "The Devil Rides Out" tonight. It's about black magic and occult. The movie is based on the famous British writer Dennis Wheatley book published in 1934. I love movies based on old stories.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Going to watch "The Tailor of Panama", starring by Pierce Brosnan, Geoffrey Rush and Jamie Lee Curtis. This is a class spy thriller about espionage and diplomatic dance.
  • Options
    Friday I saw Prometheus.. kick ass movie.
    Saturday I saw Snow White... better than expected.