Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Movies.

Comments

• Options
    *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    watched episode 50 last night. Had some decent scenes and set ups but the ending fell way short.
  • Options
    Dial M for Murder.

Been a long time since i've seen a hitchcock movie. Slow moving but real good dialog.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    The International - Clive Owen and Naomi Watts.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Saturday we took the kids to the drive-in to see Madagascar 3 and Mirror, Mirror.
    Last night we watched Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows.
    Unfortunately I've been running around singing the "polka dot Afro" song from Madagascar for the past four days...
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed watching "Finding Nemo" though it is an animation film but the story is very touchy and thoughtful. My dad was opposite of Marlin(the father fish) who always throwed me in challenges and wanted me to find my way. however, there was no lack of guidance, financial assistance, love and friendship between us. I lost him a year and half ago and still feel very empty. I thought watching "Finding Nemo" would be a great movie to remember my father. Oneday I was so angry at him and I hid myself away from him in Thailand but he found me like a detective. When I asked him how did you find me. he smiled, hugged me and simply said - "who trained you this far, you can never hide from me. now let's go home. I had a great relationship with my father who left one big lesson for me "If you dare to dream, you can make it happen." So true to his word. I made it where I wanted to be. There is nothing better than parents, family and true friendship in this world - rest are all subjective.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Just watched the new sherlock holmes movie... it was okay... everyone else loved it though....
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infamy. Great documentary on graffiti.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw Snow White and the huntsman last weekend - visually, it was a great movie....the special effects/CGI looked awesome.

but other than that I didn't think it was very good, at all. if I didn't already know the snow white fairy tale i'd have been lost as to what was going on.
    other than the first 15 minutes when they followed snow growing up in the castle, the scenes were short and choppy and there were too many "side stories" that never got resolved or didn't tie in with the other scenes.
    it just had bad pacing and kristen stewart's performance as snow white....LOL, deer lord some of her scenes were almost painful to watch - i think she needs to stick to her twilight movies from now on.
    Vision:
    Infamy. Great documentary on graffiti.
    Haven't seen this one but will have to check it out.
    You seen "Exit through the Gift Shop"? That's a great graffitti doc too IMHO.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Been on a horror movie kick lately, and I watched the first half of hellraiser last night for the first time. I gotta say, it made no sense what so ever. none.

what do you think fellas is it worth finishing?
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    No... I saw it years ago when I was a kid and never watched it again until a few months ago... then I realized why.
    That movie is sh*t.

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Seen any of the Saw movies? I liked the earlier ones. The newer ones. eh
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I watched Hellraiser sometime in the past couple years...I don't know if I missed something (don't think I did), but it made no damn sense.

Most recently my horror kick has been with the Asian persuasion, Korean, Japanese and Chinese/Hong Kong. I really like how the good ones make use of subtlety and ambiance, that sense of the unknown creeps me out more than anything else.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    No... I saw it years ago when I was a kid and never watched it again until a few months ago... then I realized why.
    That movie is sh*t.

hahaha, good deal its settled then. deleting that pile of crap.
  • Options
    jliu:
    I "saw" the first one . . . . . HA HA HA . . . . . .

see what I did there.

seriously though I liked the first one a decent amount, but not enough to watch any of the next 6. Just seemed sorta repetitive you know?
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    *Petey*:
    jliu:
    I "saw" the first one . . . . . HA HA HA . . . . . .

see what I did there.

seriously though I liked the first one a decent amount, but not enough to watch any of the next 6. Just seemed sorta repetitive you know?
    Aha! Das ah knee slapper. Hi I'm Jiunn. We like to have fun here
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Watchin Harry Potter. Dang series is addicting. Have been listening to the audio books.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Saw 21 Jumpstreet last night. Nothing too enchanting, but it had fun with itself and it not only kept my attention, but I had a couple LOL moments.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Yesterday watched The Number 23, and Stone.
    I think I'm the only person that likes the Number 23.

• Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Yesterday watched The Number 23, and Stone.
    I think I'm the only person that likes the Number 23.

I feel you on 23 son!

The movie exceeded my expectations...might have to go back and watch it again now that you bring it up.
  • Options
    Watched Transformers 3 on the patio last night... I might grab another cigar and watch THOR... I'm digging the Netflix lately...

OOOOH! They have "The Patriot"
  • Options
    speaking of netflix . . . . .

watching Evil Dead 2 right now. The Scene where he fights his own hand is outstanding. This stuff cracks me up.
  • Options
    HBO on Demand has A-Team
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Poultrygeist (Night Of The Chicken)
  • Options
    The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    Just watched lock down its a great sci-fi action
  • Options
    Watched American Reunion... It was okay... But then again, I REALLY like leftovers as well, so if you like the same stuff warmed over, then it'll entertain you (It made me laugh)
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Saw Skyfall the other day and although not my favorite Bond movie I thought the Villian Javier Bardem, who also played in No Country for Old Men, was outstanding and really made the film. I recommend the movie
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    God Bless american was an awesome movie I just watched last weekend. I highly reccommend it to everyone.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go see Lincoln, fabulous as it should take many Oscars!!
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I just watched Brave with my girlfriend, we both really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think barry gordys the last dragon
    no matter where you go, there you are.