THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome to all the new people
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    ZuluEchoPapaZuluEchoPapa Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Zac from Chattanooga TN. Been smoking cigars off and on for a few years now bit I've just, in the past year, started smoking regularly. It will be enjoyable to get to know you all and expand my knowledge of all things cigar. 
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, there is a couple TN boys here
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @ZuluEchoPapa
    Welcome to the forum......
    You can wait here until Tennessee stops burning......
    Someone probably threw a lit white owl out the window.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome Zac
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Usaf06 said:
    Welcome, there is a couple TN boys here
    Yep. with another local "agitator", the Murf Herf just might happen someday. 

Welcome Zac! @ZuluEchoPapa Is that your initials? 
  • Options
    And, a big welcome to ALL the new guys. I haven't been keeping up with this thread like I should have been. Good to have you all join us here. 
  • Options
    GoCardsGoCards Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, Zac

• Options
    Yes @Bob_Luken they are.

Glad to see some other TN folks on here. I hope the fires aren't too bad up your way.
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome.
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Smoothsticks
    And a big TN welcome to Zac 
    @ZuluEchoPapa
    Zac,
    I love Chattanooga.  have you ever ate at Uncle Larry's, best catfish ever.  
    By the way i'm putting the finishing touches on the newsletter and would love to send you a copy .   I 'll pm you for your addy (address)
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    Welcome @Smoothsticks
    And a big TN welcome to Zac 
    @ZuluEchoPapa
    Zac,
    I love Chattanooga.  have you ever ate at Uncle Larry's, best catfish ever.  
    By the way i'm putting the finishing touches on the newsletter and would love to send you a copy .   I 'll pm you for your addy (address)
    Never been to uncle Larry's. I usually go to champys when I want catfish. I will definitely check it out though. Thanks in advance for the newsletter. 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Zac @ZuluEchoPapa and all the new folks.  Great bunch of folks here, and if you want to meet up online you can check out the vHerf  sometime which uses Google Hangouts for a virtual video Herf get-together most nights.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    That sounds awesome @Yakster. I'll have to check it out some time.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome all
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome all the new guys you won't find a better bunch of people anywhere!!!
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome 
  • Options
    BigMikeNYBigMikeNY Posts: 3
    Greetings. I'm Mike and currently reside in Rockland County, NY which is 40 miles north of NYC. I've always enjoyed a cigar but it has been about two months since I decided to take it more "seriously". I only have a travel humidor as I find myself enjoying a nice stick after hunting around the campfire.  I've been hanging around this lounge (I wrote about in my first post) and I really enjoy it. In my limited time smoking cigars I find it very relaxing and it is something I enjoy doing at my own pace. I read online the unwritten rules so I'm not the newbie that stamps out cigars or stick them up my nose. However, I am still learning and hoping I can continue to do so here. 
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the asylum for cigar lovers Big Mike. Lots of great people here and tons of information. Enjoy the ride! 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @BigMikeNY  
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stick them up my nose. @Bob_Luken taught me how...

Welcome :)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @BigMikeNY
    To the funny farm
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @BigMikeNY. Another NYer. :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the family @BigMikeNY. There are a lot ofor great people on here.
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @BigMikeNY. This is a great place to hang out in
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    BigMikeNY said:
    Greetings. I'm Mike and ......................................... I read online the unwritten rules so I'm not the newbie that stamps out cigars or stick them up my nose...................................................
    Wylaff said:
    I stick them up my nose. @Bob_Luken taught me how...

Welcome :)
    Some cigars smell wonderful but, as everyone should know, ya can't go crazy in the B&M sniffin' sticks. However, with a stick I'm about to fire up,........ it is a FANTASTIC part of the pre-light ritual but, ............... if your vigorous about it,  ya' kinda' get a reputation.  

Welcome Mike :) 
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome
    I haven't been here long myself, but you will find a good bunch of folks that are filled with a wealth of knowledge and generosity 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Hi, my name is Paul.  I live in La Crosse, WI and I have been reading a lot of the threads and I figured I should go ahead  and introduce myself.  It looks like you all have a great community going here with a lot of knowledge and plenty of fun.  I have been smoking cigars for quite awhile; I have two coolidors going (28 and 70 quarts) as well as a humidor (don't remember it's official count as I have had it for about 15 yrs but it actually holds about 75 sticks).  Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and give a big thank you for all the info posted on this site.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the nut house Paul. Sounds like you will fit in very well here.  :)
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    RuminusRuminus Posts: 8
    Hello all;

I'm new to the forum so I wanted to take a moment to say hi. I've appreciated a good cigar for many years now but I hope to move from simply appreciating to really building some knowledge of the finer points of the art and hobby. I recently "inherited" (read: got for a stinking cheap price) a Cuban Crafters Vitrina humidor cabinet with a Cigar Oasis Magna humi system after the store next door remodeled their walk-in so that has helped to spur my interest into an obsession as I seek to stock this monster with some great cigars. Since I'm transitioning from a half full 60 stick tupperdore this is going to take a while and I look forward to every moment of it. Anyway, thanks for reading!