Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    None that I know of.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is always great to meet the guys to the Forum 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    Hey Newbies, if you get an error message when trying to post to the forum that "your comment will appear after it's been approved" try posting without quoting others, especially try without a lot of usernames like @yakster, etc.  

For some reason this happens to newbies, but after a mysterious (to me) amount of time and experience (maybe secret badges) it doesn't happen any longer.

Generally these comments sit in the bit bucket waiting to be approved except that one time when hundreds and hundreds of pending comments were approved en mass flooding the forum with old replies.
  • Options
    GlassjoeGlassjoe Posts: 25
    edited December 2018
    Hello Bruce 43 from LA. the swamp not california. I Like your group. lots of info. first day. I enjoy Big Black Chocolate ones. Cigars that is. did that sound bad? where is that edit button ?anyway hello and good to meet ya.
    'I think,' said Christopher Robin, 'that we ought to eat all our Provisions now, so that we shan't have so much to carry.'
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome new brothers (and sisters, should any appear, they do sometimes.) 

:)   
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Welcome Bruce, all.  Check out the vHerf if you want to Google Hangout some time.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome 
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping for @Krucial

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    Welcome, @Krucial.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Welcome @Krucial .  Be sure to go to the Cigar 101 section and read the 102 Things Newbs Need to Know thread, also Developing Your Palate, (NOT Pallet), as well as Kuzi's (almost) all inclusive Guide to Cigar Etiquette, Kuzi style, which I think is here in General Discussion.  Also, there should be some links under Kuzi's post, hopefully they still work, and you'll find a lot of fascinating information there.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the circus @Krucial
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Willy_MNWilly_MN Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Krucial B)
    Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations.
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • Options
    Welcome @Krucial, hang around  
  • Options
    HawkeyeHawkeye Posts: 246 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Krucial, you got your start about the same way I did, although it was my brother's wedding.
    Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
  • Options
    Sleddog46Sleddog46 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Krucial and anyone else I missed. Welcome to this crazy group.
    You can't dispel Ignorance if you retain Arrogance!
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:

Nice one, Hello "O"
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @TeleSmoke0101 !!!
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @MVW67
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Peter, been a long time...…@peter4jc
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, to everyone I have not previously said it to.   
  • Options
    CigarsonistCigarsonist Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone. New member here and novice smoker. North Alabama area. Just looking for community and guidance. Thanks to everyone for the help I’ve already received through lurking. 
  • Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Cigarsonist to the forum. Stick around there is plenty to learn

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    Welcome @Cigarsonist, what part of North AL are you, east, central, or west?
  • Options
    Northeast. But work takes me all over north Alabama and lower central Tennessee
  • Options
    @Cigarsonist AWESOME, if you ever near Columbia TN let me know, also if you are in Chattanooga I like smoking a cigar or 2 at Cigar Man its a very friendly shop(BM)

• Options
    @TNBigfoot68 I’ll have to check that out. I’m in Chatt quite a bit
  • Options
    KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Everyone, already got some nice welcomes in a post I made earlier thought I would make an official post here.  Chris, 35, KS.  I got into cigars with my dad when I was late teens.  I would split samplers with a buddy of mine until he moved away.  Recently as of a couple months my Dad and I picked up the hobby again.  It’s been a great way to spend some time together.  I purchased a 150 ct humidor and have it stocked with around 100 or so.  Looking forward to learning from the group and growing the collection!  

One of my first favorite cigars was from Habanos Smoke shop.  They make Don Pablo and JO cigars.  They source and hand roll them in Florida.  Used to have a shop in Vegas for a long time. 
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @KenpoKnight.
    A little dirt never hurt