Home General Discussion

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum @KenpoKnight.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Yakster said:
    Welcome to the forum @KenpoKnight.
    Thanks! @Yakster
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KenpoKnight welcome aboard. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Willy_MNWilly_MN Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the asylum @KenpoKnight
    Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations.
    #f**kyourhashtags
    @KenpoKnight welcome aboard. 
    Thank you TNBigfoot68 and Willy_MN!
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump up for @Purple_Penguin01 .  Welcome aboard, this is where you start.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Purple_Penguin01Purple_Penguin01 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Thank you kindly! 🙂
    Welcome to the site!  @Purple_Penguin01. Great group here.  I’m new myself but enjoying it!  A lot of different cigars posted, most I have never heard of so I am learning a lot. 
    Thank you kindly! 🙂
    Welcome @Purple_Penguin01 !
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    MVW67 said:
    0patience said:

Nice one, Hello "O"
    Buddy!!
    How the hell are ya?
    We missed ya.
    Geez, I really need to pay more attention to this thread. 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Welcome Jon! Hope you stick around! And welcome to all the noobs I’ve missed!
  • OceanfrontbackwoodsOceanfrontbackwoods Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
    Also, just wanted to say I have a subscription to cigar aficionado and whiskey aficionado and would be happy to pass along.. when I'm done reading 😊 to anyone that may be interested. Thought may be a nice way to pay it forward. SI too (I think my wife likes to keep me occupied reading by getting me magazine subscriptions lol)
    #f**kyourhashtags
  • CigarsonistCigarsonist Posts: 267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome everyone!
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not visited this thread in a while.
    WELCOME to all the new folks
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Welcome to the nut house, we are all crazy
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We welcome to all.
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Jon @Oceanfrontbackwoods glad you survived the initial welcoming party... 

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the new folks. Especially impressed by those that have hung in there thru the ccom forum initiation rites.
    A little dirt never hurt
    Welcome to the forum Jon!  @oceanfrontbackwoods Great group here!
  • KrucialKrucial Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Welcome Chris!
  • OceanfrontbackwoodsOceanfrontbackwoods Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcoming, seriously.. after the initiation by fire 😁 it was totally worth it! Look forward to getting to know everybody better! 
    Have been reading FAQs, etiquette etc but would appreciate any pertinent advice to navigate.. and survive the forum. 
    Cheers
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcoming, seriously.. after the initiation by fire 😁 it was totally worth it! Look forward to getting to know everybody better! 
    Have been reading FAQs, etiquette etc but would appreciate any pertinent advice to navigate.. and survive the forum. 
    Cheers
    Survival tip number One.  Keep your sense of humor about you, remembering always that it's very easy for your own opinions or emotional state to be read into the post you're reading.  Often times, especially during non-cigar-related conversations what the poster intends as sardonic wit can be misread as personal insult or attack.  This is the secret meaning (ahem, secret?) behind my signature line below.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I should done this before.  Howdy all. Been smoking on the golf course for a few years, but recently kicked up my game and bought some humidors. Recently diagnosed with CAS. Picked up a used humidor...baby coffin according to the BNC.  Love lurking on here.  Anyways, thanks for having me....
    Don't look ↑
    Welcome @VegasFrank and all the new newbies. It warms the cockles of my heart to see all the new members getting involved.

Welcome @VegasFrank