Options

Good deal on Rocky Patel Sampler

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
post deleted.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046

As is always the case in such offerings...this post is in "Bad form".
    Krieg, don't take it personally, but would you appreciate it if people came to your forum and advertized for another company? This is C.Com's forum and we all prefer to talk about their offerings here. We understand that there are deals to be had out there, but have agreed that it is in bad taste to discuss other companies offerings here at the C.COM forum.
  • Options

Hey Kreig, just as a side note to your post. You should check out the "One Day Deal" here at C.COM for this week. 15 RP Seconds for only $29.95. That works out to less then $2.00 a stick. This would be a better value then the deal you mention. This is why we are faithful to C.Com... they take care of us :)
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    Krieg:

Hey Kreig, just as a side note to your post. You should check out the "One Day Deal" here at C.COM for this week. 15 RP Seconds for only $29.95. That works out to less then $2.00 a stick. This would be a better value then the deal you mention. This is why we are faithful to C.Com... they take care of us :)
    Well put Laker, and you're right, the Ccom deal is a LOT better! 30 RP's for $60 if you bought two of the samplers. I've been drooling over that deal since I got the email!!! haha
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    THOMPSON!! geeezzz!

damn lizard.

I will personally never buy anything from Thompson. I have had and have read of too many customer service issues.

and im not just saying this because we are on Cigar.com's forum.

again to echo what others have said, and what seems to be a running issue as of late.
    this is CIGAR.COM's forum. it belongs to "Cigar.com Inc"
    the owners and representatives of cigar.com are running this business in competition with other companies. Posting a competitors deals on cigar.com' s forum (that cigar.com owns/hosts/lets the population use) is equivalent to Target running ads INSIDE Wal-mart. the people at Wal-mat have every right to take down the ad and kick you out of the store(on a temporary basis). ...as well they should.
    in this vein, Alex at cigar.com has asked the members of this forum to refrain from posting deals from the competition.
    Alex and cigar.com have my support 100% on this issue.

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

I thought we just had this discussion a few days ago.

• Options
    this is just about the only argument for why we could use a few mods and maybe a sticky or two.

not to be critical of cigar.com but those guys dont spend much time on the forum. I understand why they dont, they have lives and jobs that arent geared to sitting on a forum all day to play watchdog. I dont wanna overstep my bounds here on the forum, but it may be a good idea, as this forum grows, to at least explore the idea of getting a mod or two... maybe even three.
  • Options
    btmislesbtmisles Posts: 125
    Seriously?? WTF.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    this is just about the only argument for why we could use a few mods and maybe a sticky or two.

not to be critical of cigar.com but those guys dont spend much time on the forum. I understand why they dont, they have lives and jobs that arent geared to sitting on a forum all day to play watchdog. I dont wanna overstep my bounds here on the forum, but it may be a good idea, as this forum grows, to at least explore the idea of getting a mod or two... maybe even three.
    Well I'm not usually one to call for more regulations but I agree with you Kuzi. This is getting ridiculous... We had a 5 page thread on this YESTERDAY about not posting deals from other sites then today someone does it again. The easiest thing to do would be to name two or so trustworthy people on here as "Mods" to keep things like that cleared up.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:

Well I'm not usually one to call for more regulations but I agree with you Kuzi. This is getting ridiculous... We had a 5 page thread on this YESTERDAY about not posting deals from other sites then today someone does it again. The easiest thing to do would be to name two or so trustworthy people on here as "Mods" to keep things like that cleared up.
    I've sent messages to Alex in the past letting him know that I would be willing to be a forum moderator. No response, maybe I'll try an email or phone call this time.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:

I've sent messages to Alex in the past letting him know that I would be willing to be a forum moderator. No response, maybe I'll try an email or phone call this time.
    I'm thinking maybe by not having a moderator or by ccom not making a big fuss, Alex is saying he's satisfied knowing that a few of you guys are watchful for this kind of thing and point out very nicely to the offender that it isn't appreciated?
  • Options
    I would like to sincerely apologize for my posting, I had no idea this would make so many people mad. I was just excited about a deal a friend of mine showed me and wanted to pass it along. I didn't think it would be a problem because I didn't see anything regarding posting deals from other sites. I will think twice before posting in the future. thank you, Chris

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Brother, I don't think that anybody is mad. I just think that people are afraid that this forum is going to change and we pretty much like it the way it is. There really isn't any rules on here except for the one about competitors and it was more of a request than a rule. Out of respect, we try to follow it to the best of our abilities.

Look, things happen. I'm sure I have mentioned a competitor when I problably haven't. My intentions were to harm anyone as I am sure your's weren't. No harm, no foul. You just know for next time. Oh, and I'm sure this won;t be the last time it is done. I myself would be excited too if I found a deal and wanted to share it with people. As more and more new people join the forum, the likelyhood of this happening again increases a lot.
  • Options
    Krieg:
    I would like to sincerely apologize for my posting, I had no idea this would make so many people mad. I was just excited about a deal a friend of mine showed me and wanted to pass it along. I didn't think it would be a problem because I didn't see anything regarding posting deals from other sites. I will think twice before posting in the future. thank you, Chris
    No need to apologize Chris. We've all been guilty of this at one time or another. I doubt anyone is mad at you. I know I'm not.
  • Options

madurofan:
    Krieg:
    No need to apologize Chris. We've all been guilty of this at one time or another. I doubt anyone is mad at you. I know I'm not.

I second that Chris (what maddy man said) I think we do a pretty good job of moding ourselfs. I only know of one guy that got all mule-lipped over being asked not to post that stuff.

• Options
    madurofan:
    Krieg:
    Thanks guys, but it was still a bonehead move on my part and still would like to apologize. I will be more careful in the future. I just hope I don't get banned, I really like coming here.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    How about editing your origanal post and taking the source out of it.
  • Options
    put the business end of a lit cigar in your mouth and consider yourself punished and re-instated hahaha just kidding I think we all enjoy the input from our assorted BOTL . By the way anybody ever put the lit end in your mouth....I will admit under the affluence of inkoahol watching a colts playoff game last year I did this ..... oohh h-ll yes it hurts like a mother....
  • Options
    dep691:
    Thats the deal right there. Thats all the punishment needed.
  • Options

madurofan:
    dep691:
    Thats the deal right there. Thats all the punishment needed.

agreed

• Options
    dep691:
    Done, I just decided to wipe the whole thing out...only thing is, I can't edit all the people who quoted me :)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

Krieg:
    dep691:
    Done, I just decided to wipe the whole thing out.

Cool dude,,,,,,now hehehehehe,,,,,,laker edit yours,,,,,,,lol,,,,and purofreak.

• Options
    dep691:

Krieg:
    dep691:

Haha DONE! No mention of that over priced site in my post! haha
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Never done that but i was definatley crocked one night when i stuck a torpedo in my mouth, foor first and started lighting the other end thinkig it was a preferido. Once i realized what i did, i clipped the torpedo end off and smoked it backwards. Wasnt actually that bad LOL!!
  • Options
    So, let me get this straight. Pretty good deal on some RP seconds, huh? What an informational thread. Thank you all!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    bangalohr:
    So, let me get this straight. Pretty good deal on some RP seconds, huh? What an informational thread. Thank you all!
    Yeah, so the idea of segundos is new to me. So these just have some sort of blemish on the wrapper or something? Nothing wrong with the smoke itself? It's not like I'm gonna light one up and beetle will crawl out?
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    bangalohr:
    Yeah, so the idea of segundos is new to me. So these just have some sort of blemish on the wrapper or something? Nothing wrong with the smoke itself? It's not like I'm gonna light one up and beetle will crawl out?

I ordered some RP 90 Segundos. I 100% could not tell the difference. They look, tast, smell and draw the same. The color in the wrapper is sometimes a wee bit off but past that, these are like deal of the century. Same for the RP "X-Outs", i posted how to decode those in the RP thread.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Since Rocky Patel is somewhat of a fanatic for quality, the fans of his smokes benefit and he is able to make a bit of money on cigars that would probably be either trashed or given away. Same great quality.

Perdomo is the same way with their ESV '91 line...I absolutely love the seconds of that line, sometimes you can't even tell why it is a second, other times you'll notice a slightly darker shade towards the foot. All excellent quality and extremely tasty smokes.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    dep691:

Krieg:
    dep691:

Haha DONE! No mention of that over priced site in my post! haha

DONE ! Sorry guys, been away for the day. Glad everything worked itself out (like usual).
    I can see some of the BOTL views regarding Mods. but, hey, we all do a pretty good job of that, and perhaps C.Com agrees and likes the way we police ourselves. Just a thought.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    ... I would be willing to be a forum moderator....
    you'd be a good one.
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    I got a killer deal on some RP 92 petit coronas seconds a while back and every one i have smoked has been right on. They taste, feel, look and draw just like a first. Just my two cents.