Home General Discussion

Good deal on Rocky Patel Sampler

Comments

• Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    If I have not said it yet, I will say it now. Cigar.com has the best customers in the world. Particularly the faithful guys who I see posting every day. While I dont post a lot, I check in and read the threads on a very regular basis. To be honest, you guys have run this place extremely well and the reason you dont see me post a ton, is because I have seen so many forums get ruined by too much hands on. I love reading the opinions (positive and negative) about brands as well as the rants and stories of the members. I have only deleted a few posts and any time I have ever seen an issue, the crew on the board addresses it almost faster than I can reply. I do however see some recurring stuff so I might throw up a few stickies so people dont need to constantly answer the same questions. Thanks again for everything you guys do.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

T hank You Alex, This forum helps a lot of cigar smokers and is a great little virtual meeting place for us. We have alot of comraderie and great people here and really is an enjoying place to visit and we thank you for making it available to us. I think your idea for a few stickies will proably take care of the very few problems that have occured. Again thanks-Gene

• leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Thanks Alex. One of the great things about this forum is the self governing of the members. Thanks for trying to keep it run by and for the forum users. C.com rocks
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    I don't mind protecting my own space on here...most everyone is awesome and I would love for all of us to get together for a huge herf but I know at some points its hardly possible. Thanks for the forums that you allow us to have and 'self-regulate' those that cross the lines. You contentrate on getting us great deals on smokes and we will watch the boards.

Bad Andy:
    I don't mind protecting my own space on here...most everyone is awesome and I would love for all of us to get together for a huge herf but I know at some points its hardly possible. Thanks for the forums that you allow us to have and 'self-regulate' those that cross the lines. You contentrate on getting us great deals on smokes and we will watch the boards.

It would be interesting in the future,given some time and adequate planning, to see how many of us we could get together for a herf. As for self regulating it works well as interlopers will find the board police on them like "Kuzi on a Ghurka" (with all due respect Kuzi)

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:

Bad Andy:

As for self regulating it works well as interlopers will find the board police on them like "Kuzi on a Ghurka" (with all due respect Kuzi)

ain't that the truth, LOL

"Long ashes my friends."

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    gurkha?

where?

ive been all for the self regulation too. it makes it feel like a bunch of guys just hanging out. I hope a sticky or two would take care of things. What i would hate to see is Mods on a power trip. nothing kills a forum faster than that. if mods were ever introduced they would have to be VERY limited in power (in my opinion of course) ... maybe the ability to put a sticky up and take one down and the ability to remove a thread that is an ad from cigar.com's competition. and thats all. I wouldnt want opinions stifled at all. thats what makes this forum great.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    And if chosen as your moderator, I promise to make that my platform. I'm too lazy to do more.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I agree Alex, Ccom is awesome in service!
    madurofan:
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:
    this is just about the only argument for why we could use a few mods and maybe a sticky or two.

not to be critical of cigar.com but those guys dont spend much time on the forum. I understand why they dont, they have lives and jobs that arent geared to sitting on a forum all day to play watchdog. I dont wanna overstep my bounds here on the forum, but it may be a good idea, as this forum grows, to at least explore the idea of getting a mod or two... maybe even three.
    Well I'm not usually one to call for more regulations but I agree with you Kuzi. This is getting ridiculous... We had a 5 page thread on this YESTERDAY about not posting deals from other sites then today someone does it again. The easiest thing to do would be to name two or so trustworthy people on here as "Mods" to keep things like that cleared up.
    I've sent messages to Alex in the past letting him know that I would be willing to be a forum moderator. No response, maybe I'll try an email or phone call this time.
    maddy I have a feeling you'd make a good dictator, I mean moderator.. =)
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:
    this is just about the only argument for why we could use a few mods and maybe a sticky or two.

not to be critical of cigar.com but those guys dont spend much time on the forum. I understand why they dont, they have lives and jobs that arent geared to sitting on a forum all day to play watchdog. I dont wanna overstep my bounds here on the forum, but it may be a good idea, as this forum grows, to at least explore the idea of getting a mod or two... maybe even three.
    Well I'm not usually one to call for more regulations but I agree with you Kuzi. This is getting ridiculous... We had a 5 page thread on this YESTERDAY about not posting deals from other sites then today someone does it again. The easiest thing to do would be to name two or so trustworthy people on here as "Mods" to keep things like that cleared up.
    I've sent messages to Alex in the past letting him know that I would be willing to be a forum moderator. No response, maybe I'll try an email or phone call this time.
    Maddy's too opinionated, and dare I say an elitist A-hole :)...I'd be much better for the job...HA! as if I'd want to do it anyway. Just joshin ya Maddy.

What do you guys think the of RP X-outs? I've done my research on them and all, curious about some first hand experiences.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    MADDY FOR MOD??? Do you really want four more puffs of the same old Smoke? Just say "YES WE CAN" to Puro for Mod!!! Change we can Herf with!!! hahaha
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Maddy's too opinionated, and dare I say an elitist A-hole :)...I'd be much better for the job...HA! as if I'd want to do it anyway. Just joshin ya Maddy.
    LOL you guys crack me. I did send an email once again volunteering my services. It might have been the reason Alex posted. Maybe, maybe not. I'm not really worried about me being the moderator as much as I am about us just having one. I agree with Alex that too much interaction can kill a board but I agree 100% with kuzi we need someone that has the ability to add stickies and the ability to remove threads.
    PuroFreak:
    MADDY FOR MOD??? Do you really want four more puffs of the same old Smoke? Just say "YES WE CAN" to Puro for Mod!!! Change we can Herf with!!! hahaha
    Are you comparing me to McCain? You sonuvabitch.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    PuroFreak:
    Just trying to re-use some the of wonderful elections phrases from last year. I knew they would come in handy at some point! haha
    PuroFreak:
    madurofan:
    PuroFreak:
    Just trying to re-use some the of wonderful elections phrases from last year. I knew they would come in handy at some point! haha
    LOL.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Please be advised. A moderator will be added soon to basically help assist in moving threads and deleted posts that fall outside the established lines. We will also have stickies up this week. Stay tuned.
    Alex Svenson:
    Please be advised. A moderator will be added soon to basically help assist in moving threads and deleted posts that fall outside the established lines. We will also have stickies up this week. Stay tuned.
    Cool. You are the man Alex. May I suggest that one of the first things he/she does is add a sticky to the general section with the forum rules.
    Alex Svenson:
    Cool. You are the man Alex. May I suggest that one of the first things he/she does is add a sticky to the general section with the forum rules.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    madurofan:
    Alex Svenson:

Well there goes the neighborhood

I hope whoever this Mod is they have a light hand and carry a feather for a stick. I have seen too many forums killed by Mod's with personal agenda's, or a need to oversee everything.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    laker1963:
    madurofan:
    Alex Svenson:

I hope whoever this Mod is they have a light hand and carry a feather for a stick. I have seen too many forums killed by Mod's with personal agenda's, or a need to oversee everything.
    Judging by Alex's comments earlier I doubt this will be someone who is going to ruin the forum. Probably someone to provide a little bit of order and some direction.
    rwheelwright:
    laker1963:
    madurofan:
    Alex Svenson:

Judging by Alex's comments earlier I doubt this will be someone who is going to ruin the forum. Probably someone to provide a little bit of order and some direction.
    OH I realize that and I hope you are right. I just didn't think we had that much of a problem and any that arose we were doing a fine job of taking care of. I have this thing about "authority", as too many people don't handle it very well.
    laker1963:
    rwheelwright:
    laker1963:
    madurofan:
    Alex Svenson:

OH I realize that and I hope you are right. I just didn't think we had that much of a problem and any that arose we were doing a fine job of taking care of. I have this thing about "authority", as too many people don't handle it very well.
    I know we keep calling this person a moderator but I think it is more of an administrator. Someone to make things stickies and delete the spam, etc. Not someone to slap our hand when we say a dirty word.
    madurofan:
    laker1963:
    rwheelwright:
    laker1963:
    madurofan:
    Alex Svenson:

I know we keep calling this person a moderator but I think it is more of an administrator. Someone to make things stickies and delete the spam, etc. Not someone to slap our hand when we say a dirty word.

Can't help it... if he has authority... I won't like 'em ! LMAAO

I thought we did good enough ourselves. couple of back to back posts that got sideways but thats all I remember at all. DO WE REALLY NEED BABYSITTING !!!

I vote for the stickies as moderator-yea go stickie!!!
    madurofan:
    PuroFreak:
    hahaha, that's not very Mod-ish... lol. Well you are on the forum a lot, I think you live here.
    seriously why don't we TRY stickies first and if theirs still a problem then go to a moderator. I really believe the stickies will eliminate almost all problems and we can handle the rest. It's just that I've seen to many mods with agendas and opinions they wanted to slant the forums to their way of thinking. The refreshing thing about this forum is the diversity-just not a fan with no more problems than we've had. I would be glad to re-look at and revisit the mod thing if their was a continius problem but I just don't see it.
    phobicsquirrel:
    madurofan:
    PuroFreak:
    hahaha, that's not very Mod-ish... lol. Well you are on the forum a lot, I think you live here.
    Yea practically. Hmm I've been mulling this over and Alex's comment is worrying me a little. Here we were asking for a moderator and he seems like he is going to give us one. What worries me is this. From what it sounds like he is bringing someone in from the outside. Not sure if I'm really comfortable with this or not. I mean I don't care if I'm not the mod(not entirely true I mean I would like to be but I'm not going to be bothered if I'm not) but I don't know that I'm thrilled about someone not familiar with our little board overseeing it.

Oh well I guess I'll wait and see.
    gmill880:
    seriously why don't we TRY stickies first and if theirs still a problem then go to a moderator. I really believe the stickies will eliminate almost all problems and we can handle the rest. It's just that I've seen to many mods with agendas and opinions they wanted to slant the forums to their way of thinking. The refreshing thing about this forum is the diversity-just not a fan with no more problems than we've had. I would be glad to re-look at and revisit the mod thing if their was a continius problem but I just don't see it.
    I think this is all we're trying to get.