Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    This is killing me. I cannot enter this thread, but I can't believe no one is getting it. It's like the Erics are on the same wavelength.

I'm giving this one another day, then I'm jumping on it no matter what.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i know it too, but i just won not too long ago and want to wait a little bit
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Ha! I figured the first three would be pretty obvious to people that knew the movie. Throwing that last one in should give it away. We'll see.....
  • Options
    Clue #5: "Give each other 20 dollars, put it on the Underhills"
  • Options
    Fine, fine already.

Fletch

Now I have to think of a trivia question...

I've got one if the other Eric confirms my win...
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    Fine, fine already.

Fletch

winner. I was beginning to think no one wanted my cigars. "Do I offend?" Send me your addy and I'll get something out.
  • Options
    ehehat:
    Martel:
    Fine, fine already.

Fletch

winner. I was beginning to think no one wanted my cigars. "Do I offend?" Send me your addy and I'll get something out.
    PM Sent

Now for my first clue...this movie contains a funny dance.

is that too vague? Not with google around. I'll update further hints every day or so.

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little miss sunshine
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Little miss sunshine
    It's been nearly fifteen hours and only one guess? C'mon, folks.
    Sorry, shizz, good movie, but incorrect.

My guess is y'all won't have to wait another nine hours for my next clue, but still, I'd like to see some effort put into this.

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Grease!
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Napolen Dynamite
  • Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure?
  • Options
    These are some great guesses. None are correct so far. I'll probably post clue #2 in a couple of hours, around lunchtime.

• Options
    Clue #2: The film is in Black and White.

• Options
    Again, a little early for the next clue, but #2 didn't get any responses. I know I'm being deliberately vague, but seeing your WAGs is fun to watch.

Clue #3: The film stars my favorite actor.

• Options
    singing in the rain????
  • Options
    mmccartneydc:
    singing in the rain????
    Curse you, but no. Cursing you because now I have that freakin' song stuck in my head.

• Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    night at the roxbury
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    night at the roxbury
    Now I'm picturing that funny dance by Chris Kattan, but no, see clue 2.

• Options
    Okay, I know I'm pretty non-specific with the clues, but this one will have a little more meat to chew on.

Clue #4: A fairly famous (maybe not today for non-film buffs) father and son were both involved in the making of this film. Both appear on-screen, but one of them only made an uncredited cameo.

• Options
    Really, no one? I'm flying across the country tomorrow and will be gone for a week; fair warning on anyone who wins this one...your sticks will be delayed.

Clue #5: The Father from clue 4 is the one who did the funny dance from clue 1.

Bonus Clue #6: Spoofs of that dance and a single oft-misquoted line from the movie are probably more well-known than the movie itself.

• Options
    Bro, I'm lost, sorry!
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's to you good looking!
  • Options
    Okay, now we're going to get into google territory...I don't want to have to post trivia while I'm enjoying the great state of Washington...

Clue # whatever: The famous line from this movie has been spoofed by Mel Brooks (and this one may be more famous than the original), Weird Al, the Monkees, and I even saw it twisted into a march madness headline about the game between UNC and Villanova, to name just a few. And the dance was spoofed by Billy Crystal. I won't tell you in what movie, because that would be a real giveaway.

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Black and white movie? I'm stumped.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Black and white movie? I'm stumped.
    I'm with you. I surely have never seen this movie.
  • Options
    Clue from Spokane, WA: Billy Crystal did the dance in City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly's Gold.

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Man, you go way back. LOL. We don't need no more stinkin clues.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    that last one made it easy to google i think....the treasure of sierra madre.........realluy? Who has seen that movie?
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    brianetz1:
    that last one made it easy to google i think....the treasure of sierra madre.........realluy? Who has seen that movie?
    +1