Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeff, if you have time to guess movies get your ass on the vherf
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    Transformers
  • Options
    OneisnoneOneisnone Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody is on the right path, so I will Shepard you with the next clue:

PHL
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Thing
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rocky!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Airport?
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Nopope
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    The Diary of Anne Frank?
  • Options
    The mighty ducks
  • Options
    badandy24badandy24 Posts: 41
    Ben Hur
    Andy

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge-hammer."
    — Maj. I. L. Holdridge | Retired
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty Woman? The twist is that even though she's a hooker, she's a nice person. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Thing.
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Jeff, if you have time to guess movies get your ass on the vherf
    I just jumped on and no one was there. Yesterday, there was people tonight not so much.
  • Options
    Jack and the beanstalk 2: the giant's revenge
  • Options
    Sad! Did any of you go to catholic school?  

41.90°N12.50°E
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
     Blues Brothers
  • Options
    Edna20 said:
    Pretty Woman? The twist is that even though she's a hooker, she's a nice person. 
    Are you saying that all other Hookers are not nice people? That could make a great poll question. ""Have you ever met a nice hooker?"  Alas I don't think we would get a single response. 

It is not Pretty Woman
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Roman Holiday

I have met prostitutes in my line of work, some perfectly nice.  Others were shrews/hags/what have you.  Just like anyone I suppose.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    If the guesses don't improve I am sending everyone grape flavored WHITE OWLS. 

• Options
    Dang it, I went for connections with Syria and a papal visit in my guesses, so they seemed to be relevant.  Still not sure about the twist...
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oneisnone said:
    If the guesses don't improve I am sending everyone grape flavored WHITE OWLS. 

I prefer strawberry
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oneisnone said:
    Edna20 said:
    Are you saying that all other Hookers are not nice people? That could make a great poll question. ""Have you ever met a nice hooker?"  Alas I don't think we would get a single response. 

It is not Pretty Woman
    No, I'm not saying that at all, I'm saying that's part of the movie, the whole never judge a book by it's cover! I've only ever talked to one hooker, she seemed like a nice lady. Maybe nice was the wrong term, I guess an unlikely match would be a better way to say it. Anyway, sorry if anyone took offense. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    Edna20 said:
    Oneisnone said:
    Edna20 said:

It is not Pretty Woman
    No, I'm not saying that at all, I'm saying that's part of the movie, the whole never judge a book by it's cover! I've only ever talked to one hooker, she seemed like a nice lady. Maybe nice was the wrong term, I guess an unlikely match would be a better way to say it. Anyway, sorry if anyone took offense. 
    I was 100% kidding about this. I took no offense whatsoever. 
  • Options
    Martel said:
    Roman Holiday

I have met prostitutes in my line of work, some perfectly nice.  Others were shrews/hags/what have you.  Just like anyone I suppose.
    And we have a winner! @Martel was able to pull the clues together for the big score.  

PM me your contact info. We should look to connect in person as we discussed previously. Include the best way to ping you and we'll make it happen. 
  • Options
    Twist was the fact that "Roman Holiday," was a nod to the Pope being in PHL last weekend. 

• Options
    Funny, you must have been typing while I was posting because I was done after that guess if it wasn't correct.  The Catholic school thing gave it away.  And Audrey is one of my favorites of all time.  Now I've got to think of something, but it probably won't be this involved.

• Options
    A guy from my High School was a fairly prominent cast member in this film so everybody and their brother made sure to see it.

• Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm mm wonder how old Martel is and where he went to school.

I'll guess "about last night"
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Some clues about where I grew up have floated around on the forums in the past (although it has nothing to do with where I've lived since joining), and it is significant.  I'm younger than the guy in the movie by probably 15 years and he was just out of college when the movie was released.

How's that for some bonus hints?
    Nolagizmo said:
    Hmm mm wonder how old Martel is and where he went to school.

I'll guess "about last night"