Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Options
    SecretSquirrelSecretSquirrel Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    Star wars episode 1
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Next clue: Dentyne
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saturday night fever
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Martel said:
    Next clue: Dentyne
    Ice? Lol
  • Options
    While not exactly based on a true story, this movie is certainly inspired by true events.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Martel said:
    While not exactly based on a true story, this movie is certainly inspired by true events.
      Jurassic Park

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracula
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edward Scissorhands
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy metal
  • Options
    jgibv said:
    Martel said:
      Jurassic Park
    Bwahahahaha!  Now I want to change my movie, but alas, I fear the only honorable thing to do is stick with the original.  Still, in honor of this jest, I will offer an additional clue.

Jeff Goldblum and the lead actress in the film in question both had parts in a film from the early-mid 1980's which won 4 Oscars, which is based on a true story.  It's one of my favorites and features a character born less than a hundred miles from where the movie in question is set.

• Options
    The Fly
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    badandy24badandy24 Posts: 41
    Powder
    Andy

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge-hammer."
    — Maj. I. L. Holdridge | Retired
  • Options
    Reservoir dogs
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This reminds me of another great film from 1985 co starring Jeff Goldblum -- Silverado!

I need to re-watch this one

-Jay
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death Wish
  • Options
    Small town life is a major feature of this film.

• Options
    Hoosiers
  • Options
    Devildog1 said:
    Hoosiers
    Ding, ding, ding!  @Devildog1 you got it; PM me your address.

Goldblum and Barbra Hershey were both in The Right Stuff; Hershey is in Hoosiers.  TRS featured Gus Grissom, who grew up in Mitchell, IN, about 95 miles from Milan, IN, which is the loose basis for Hickory High in Hoosiers.  One of the Hickory players went to my old HS, and my dad always roots for his old HS when they play Hickory.  He's always disappointed.  Coach Norman Dale tells one of his kids he wants him to guard the opponent so close he'll know what flavor of gum he's chewing.  When the player fouls out, he comes up to coach and tells him "Dentyne."

• Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    @Devildog1 are you checking on this?  Hopefully you get notifications when tagged.  Congrats.

• Options
    I was taking a guess with Hossiers. 

Will have first clue later today 

• Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's Hoosiers, I think the right answer is supposed to be Footloose ;) 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    First clue. 

This biographical drama from 1993 won 7 oscars. 
  • Options
    Top gun
  • Options
    Too easy, but I don't want to trade cigars.

• Options
    Blue Chips
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Devil's Rejects
  • Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ace Ventura Pet Detective. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Havent played in years....what the hell......Schindlers List.
  • Options
    Vulchor said:
    Havent played in years....what the hell......Schindlers List.

@Vulchor
    You sir are the winner.  Guess you haven't lost your brilliance over the years of not playing. 
    Now just need a thing called the addy.