Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Witch Doctor this afternoon.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's selection is one of the Park Avenues that @genareddog sent to me recently. I like 'em because AJ blended 'em and, any more, they're the only Gurk allowed to touch my lips....

Well, okay, maybe an occasional Centurian. But only because they were originally blended for the Sultan of Brunei... <giggle>.  B)
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Herrera Esteli Piramide Fina 8/14

I ordered this single with a box. When it arrived the vendor had taped the single cigar to the top of the box with so much force it actually warped the cigar into a u shape and it had serious damage to the cap and wrapper. I patched it up like a combat medic and after staring at this cigar for over a year I decided to smoke it.

I did send a polite email to the vendor and asked for a replacement on my next order. When I ordered again they kindly sent me a 5 pack and some extra Boutique blends. Top 
    notch.

You see the cap damage. The crack went about 1.5 inches down the cigar.

The more I smoked the more pieces fell off. Reminded me of when I was in High School and my best friend had an old Cutlass he paid $200 for and he put a $600 stereo in in. He would crank up Rush and the bass would shake the entire car. Rust pieces would fall all over the ground, He didn't give a damn, though he was rock'n lol. Good times.

Regardless it was saved and it smoked great. No draw issues and the burn was consistent, I hate tossing a cigar out and I am glad I didn't this time.

Stub'd @Stubble

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I think I may have found a new addition to my list of favorites...

Its a pretty good smoke and I love this box pressed corona vitola - whatever it's called....  :D

i just learned it's called the .44S.... 
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoking great right now

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Padilla 1948 corojo robusto
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avo Syncro! Awesome!image
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Smoking great right now

Did you happen to grab another box of those also?
    Me and Patrick split
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• EssPee2uEssPee2u Posts: 126 ✭✭✭

Almost burnt my fingers and lips on this one...going to see how it taste with age on the others - @danielzreyes is it overkill to use the rest when an ashtray is readily available lol
    Keep it Smokey
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:

Love these! Awesome cigar!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    EssPee2u said:

Almost burnt my fingers and lips on this one...going to see how it taste with age on the others - @danielzreyes is it overkill to use the rest when an ashtray is readily available lol
    Good work on the monkey shoulder!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where were you smoking, Larry @genareddog ?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Fuente Casa Cuba! An awesome cigar! First one I ever had was from my first trade with @RCY_Cigars It was a pre-release 2013. Thanks Rick for getting me started on these!image
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Where were you smoking, Larry @genareddog ?
    My house. Just got done with yard work. Kind of live out in the bonnies but it is our little paradise. 
    Finishing the day with a Pudgy Monster! Great!image
    RoMonday. ... with Rodgers bookimage
    -- Winston Churchill

• Jjk918Jjk918 Posts: 11
    Going to try this.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jjk918 said:
    Going to try this.
    nice choice @jjk918 ; haven't seen much of those aka cigars lately. 

hop on over to the newbie welcoming thread (http://forum.cigar.com/discussion/3027/the-newbie-welcoming-thread#latest) and introduce yourself if you haven't seen that thread already. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Brick House Maduro! Nice!image
    Liga Privada Unico Serie Dirty Rat corona
    5 Vegas Classic! An old favorite! Nice!image
    dug into my noob-purchase ammo box of La Fincas for an afternoon $1 smoke. My palate must still be uneducated 'cause these aren't all that bad.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like these

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *