Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warfighter Tobacco .50 Cal.

Tara and I try to support veteran owned businesses whenever we can. I think she found these through a Facebook post. I didn't have high hopes for this one, but it's actually pretty good. 

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another Por Laranja! Thanks @Bigshizza image
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skinny chuck, way better than the pudgyimage
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

Trying something new. A My Father The Judgeimage
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

Viaje Leaded! Awesome! From @Chuck_N Thanks bro! Original release!image
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Thoughts? 
    Usaf06 said:
    Thoughts? 
    Very good. With a year or two will be excellent. Not a fan of the vitola but because its a box press its manageable 
    -- Winston Churchill

• AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Round 2.imageimage
    My Father! Great! @Albinfk We got cold, but no snow! I have to go to work for a warm place to smoke!image
    Yakster said:
    Albin, you're making me look bad.  I bought myself some gloves yesterday and wore them while smoking out back in the frigid 53 °F California weather.
    Lol I would still have the windows open if it was 53. 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Albin, you're making me look bad.  I bought myself some gloves yesterday and wore them while smoking out back in the frigid 53 °F California weather.
    Lol I would still have the windows open if it was 53. 
    Right!  I worked on the North Slope in Alaska in '69 and during the summer up there I decided that if I could find somewhere where it was 55 degrees year-round that would be just about perfect. A guy could be comfortable in Levi's and a Pendleton shirt and wouldn't need long Johns. 

The hottest day day I saw up there was 55.....  and mosquitoes hatch at 52. Need I say more?   B)
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Cuba Libre box pressed gordo. I used to like these before I happened across this forum. Tossed it after 1/2".
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruined it for you, sometimes ignorance is bliss. I'm running out of coffee tomorrow and won't get a shipment from Peter until later in the week, I may have to go out of my way to go buy some good coffee tomorrow to tide me over. 

But back to the topic at hand, I've been cleaning carpets at home and took a break this afternoon with a Espinosa & Cigar Dojo La Zona Sensei's Sensational Sarsaparilla (II) Toro Maduro 2016. Gave it ten days rest and couldn't wait longer to try, amazingly I can taste subtle sarsaparilla notes on the retrohale, a great cigar for a rainy Sunday following a corn dog and paired with a can of Guinness stout. The cigar had a nice, white ash and a Mexico San Andres Maduro wrapper. 

In 2012, I roasted a maragogype coffee (quite larger than most varieties) from Nicaragua that had wonderful root beer and vanilla notes, I'll never forget that coffee. Coffee nerds can read more here. http://www.home-barista.com/home-roasting/roasting-maragogype-t23836.htmlimageimage
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watching some football (Seahawks of course), great afternoon
    A little dirt never hurt
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    53 degrees! I'm wearing shorts and not kidding.
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
    Por Laranja! Thanks Jim!image
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day off. This one looked good.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Out on the porch this afternoon, been rainy all day and dipping below freezing/windy at night. Enjoying this short gem, thank you Mr Brass
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    New World Virrey toro gordo 6x58 box press with yellow cello...

Good ol' AJ - as usual, has his sh*t together. Not only is this quite a good smoke but, because its box-pressed, it won't give me TMJ to smoke it. Way to go, Abdel...    B)
  • Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Really good Zino Classic from @90+_Irishman. Thanks Brett!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryan1990 said:
    Really good Zino Classic from @90+_Irishman. Thanks Brett!
    Glad you liked it Ryan, enjoy :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • harrisjlharrisjl Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Man O War Ruination Salomon....  second one very good smoke....  I've become an AJ fan....
    La Palina KB! Nice!image
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jbohon said:

Tara and I try to support veteran owned businesses whenever we can. I think she found these through a Facebook post. I didn't have high hopes for this one, but it's actually pretty good. 

Jay I gotta ask, do those pants come with a free set of golf clubs? :open_mouth:
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    peter4jc said:
    jbohon said:

Jay I gotta ask, do those pants come with a free set of golf clubs? :open_mouth:
    Somewhere down at the race track, there's a horse looking for his blanket. :p
    Aw, c'mon guys. Don't be dissin' the man's jammies....  I kinda like 'em....  

Tell 'em to kiss off, Jay.....   :p