Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    Asylum Insidious. Sweetened cap threw me off a bit. Not one of my favoritesimage
    I tried one of those a couple weeks ago.  Same feeling.  I wanted to like it, but it wasn't bad enough to throw out.
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yard gar
    Oliva Saison 
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SCDLH-- after dealing with Satan's dandruff 

• SmoothsticksSmoothsticks Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emcee said:
    Asylum Insidious. Sweetened cap threw me off a bit. Not one of my favoritesimage
    I tried one of those a couple weeks ago.  Same feeling.  I wanted to like it, but it wasn't bad enough to throw out.
    Yeah there are just so many other choices out there. I feel like it is a cigar you would give to a non cigar smoker if they wanted to try a cigar.
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dipping into my pot of LeftOvers I picked 2 fantastic selections today!
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A. Fuente Hemingway Classic 
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hope you like it as much as I liked my morning smoke, even though I called it an opus x rather than A Fuente.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viaje!image
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Actually pretty decent 
    Really good to see you Jason, had been thinking about you lately hoping you are well! Hope everything is good brother!
    Doing well brother! Life gets busy as you know but wanting to get back in the action!
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of the day. From @genareddog dated  3/07/16 . Thank You! image
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Father El Centurian from Shizz for sale, thanks, Jim, solid smoke.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOW Orange County Choppers from 4/14. Nearly three years made these things great. image
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luminosa from Patrick. Thanks brother! image
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually pretty decent 
    Really good to see you Jason, had been thinking about you lately hoping you are well! Hope everything is good brother!
    Doing well brother! Life gets busy as you know but wanting to get back in the action!
    Awesome to hear Jason, glad you are doing well and hope to see you more active here again!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • SmoothsticksSmoothsticks Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked this up in my cigar youth and it is kinda blah after having had the cigars that get thrown around in this community. Thank you all for showing me what a good cigar is. Unfortunately this one has missed the mark for meimage
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOGILLS2 said:

Wow, This cigar revealed to me that I have grown as a newbie cigar smoker. After reading a couple of reviews of this cigar online, I became afraid of it. I realized that I would either love it or hate it and never want to return. Instead I developed a strategy to experience it. I ate a good meal before smoking it. ( note: I am vegan so it was not a steak and potato.)

I used a punch to open up the cap of the cigar. I really like the construction of this cigar, it was firm to the touch and toothy, with a slight oiliness to it. I really enjoyed the feeling of this stick in my hand. I also was reading while smoking, this allowed me to take my time to smoke properly and not grow impatient and smoke to fast. Although this cigar allows you to draw twice in a row without heating up the stick and change the flavor and taste.

I kept some crackers and water, so when I would feel the nicotine, I would eat a cracker to alleviate the feeling. The entire cigar produced a great chewy smoke. I did not experience the pepperiness I was warned about in the reviews, however there was a slight pepper to it at times. Smoke time was 1 hour and 35 minutes.

The first third was very cool and quite pleasant, I was expecting this stick to take my head off, but I was surprised at the mildness of the cigar. It held it's ash for 1.5 inches, and I chose to knock it before ashing myself. In fact It held it's ash consistently.

The second third continued cool and smooth and with full chewy smoke. Still remained pleasant.

The final third the stick it changed, the smoke became thread, and the taste changed, it became hot, and finally became bitter, but as you'll see I smoked it to the nub about an inch. I should have stopped a couple of draws sooner. The after experience was standard, I became light headed and sweaty which lasted about 20 minutes. At this time I realized I needed a cold shower!

@NOGILLS2 the Neanderthal is awesome and has very cool band. Love those, and at some point you want get as light headed.  Good stuff brother. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Sarsaparilla and yard work. Great cigar, not normally a yard gar. It's all about the retrohale on this one. 

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    La Palina KB! Nice!image
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Color Project Control/Alt/Delicious! Nice!
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something new to meimage
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter