Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black Pearl Morado Robusto 
    Really a good smoke for the money. Paring it with the best hard cider on the planet!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    Really a good smoke for the money. Paring it with the best hard cider on the planet!
    How is that pairing? I recall the morados being a little spicy and sweet. Cider sounds like itd work well. They are good and unique for the money. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    TX98Z28 said:
    Mmm, Crispin Cider.  Also, look for it's lesser known cousin ****'s Hardin Cider...
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    How is that pairing? I recall the morados being a little spicy and sweet. Cider sounds like itd work well. They are good and unique for the money. 
    They went well together, the Crispin has much less sugar than other ciders, cleanses the palate nicely, only leaving a sight sweetness, thats the reason I prefer them (only the ones made from honey crisp apples, the one I'm drinking in the pic).

The Morado was slightly sweet with some spice, earth. I notice a hint of citrus with them. I'm a sucker for Cameroon wrapped sticks also. I love these when on the lawn mower, good cheap lawn mower summer time smoke. 
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Wayne @Wylaff.image
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it? They weren't great fresh but they have been getting better with age.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foundation Charter Oak CT Shade short robusto, nice shorter smoke.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • WayneCWayneC Posts: 32 ✭✭✭
    Tiger Kitty Soft Paws. @jbohon such an awesome smoke. Very impressed with this line. Started off with a nice spicy bite but the finish was smooth and flavorful.
  • WayneCWayneC Posts: 32 ✭✭✭
    @TX98Z28 I Love the Black Pearls. The Rojo was the first box of cigars I ever bought. Such a great smoke for the price. One of my favorite boutique brands.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Custom Rolled CC             9/14        Very smooth smoke on another Spring day in January when it should be in the 20's. Lovin it.      

Stub'd @Stubble ; Stogie Stand'n @danielzreyes

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    La Aurora Cameroon perfecto
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First sun grown Perdomo champagne
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WayneC said:
    Tiger Kitty Soft Paws. @jbohon such an awesome smoke. Very impressed with this line. Started off with a nice spicy bite but the finish was smooth and flavorful.

Glad you enjoyed it Wayne. I really like those. :) 

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Enjoy your vacation, @cbuck.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You deserve and have more than earned it Mr. Buck!

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sindicato Maduro! Nice!image
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to one of my go-to smokes - the Italia. Now that the cellos are turning yellowish they're better than ever... image
    Southern Draw Firethorn! Decent!image
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbuck said:
    Southern Draw Kudzu! From Smoke Inn, Vero Beach! Nice smoke, even nicer weather! They had a Southern Draw event today lots of freebies!image
    Living the life, enjoy your time off!
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Yakster said:
    cbuck said:
    Southern Draw Kudzu! From Smoke Inn, Vero Beach! Nice smoke, even nicer weather! They had a Southern Draw event today lots of freebies!image
    Living the life, enjoy your time off!
    Thanks Chris! I'm doing my best!