Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    peter4jc said:
    ^^^ I think I'll have one of those later, after mowing, while watching the ball game.  Thanks for the reminder.

And thanks for the reminder on the leaves; I didn't realize it was already that time of year when I have to rake my leaves into the neighbor's yard.

When I was growing up there was a neighbor that used to do that.  He said he did not have any trees and so the leaves were ours to deal with.  The funny thing is, it took him longer to get them into our yard then if he just put them by the curb for the village trucks to suck them up.  I did not understand why he did this when I was a kid, my dad told me I would understand when I got older.  I did get it when I got older, he was simply an ****. 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^ 

U just called Peter an assssss  
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to watch my neighbor spend hours raking leaves, stuff them into giant paper bags, take 3 or 4 trips to the dump, and return with plastic bags of fake colored cedar mulch for his ornamental bushes. Now I just go over and haul the bags to my garden and compost heap. The leaves break down in six months. 
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With woods on three sides of me, I just watch the leaves blow across the yard and the ones that don't make it get chopped up by the mower.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey.  Stop hijacking this thread.  Who said y'all could talk about leaves?  :blush:
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Initially, I thought that was a @Usaf06 photo, but Nick only drinks crafty beers.  Hope you're having fun in the sun, Larry!

I'll post a cigar pic later so it doesn't look like I'm wasting bandwidth and being too chatty.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:

Initially, I thought that was a @Usaf06 photo, but Nick only drinks crafty beers.  Hope you're having fun in the sun, Larry!

I'll post a cigar pic later so it doesn't look like I'm wasting bandwidth and being too chatty.

I am hoping nick approves 
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yummy ^^^^^
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood.......  today's selection is an Undercrown Gran Toro. Mmmmmm, delicious....

Hello Marty! Glad to see you breaking the rules still! Hope all is well! Enjoy!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbuck said:
    jlmarta said:
    It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood.......  today's selection is an Undercrown Gran Toro. Mmmmmm, delicious....

Hello Marty! Glad to see you breaking the rules still! Hope all is well! Enjoy!
    Thankya kindly, Mr. Buck, sir @cbuck. I’m pleased to see your periodic contributions as well. Long ashes, my friend....
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Salt Lake City gor a conference the wife is attending. Stopped at the Beehive Cigar Shop, much much nicer than the place yesterday.  Enjoying one of their medium house blends, very nice to relax and enjoy.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 iced down beers. A bowl of lemon rice. AND 2 5 Vegas Gold Toros
    for the new DR Who premiere.