Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Gold robusto, soon it's going to be something else.
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cbuck
     A man looks funny with no lips lol..
    When they smoke right they are pretty decent those Gurkhas.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that the new Halloween Grimalkin Edward? @silvermouse
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not the Halloween edition, these are the Grimalkin's I picked up from @Bigshizza earlier in the year.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ezra Zion Pumkin Pie flavor is great too bad the construction isn’t.

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    So, what would ya call the vitola of this Diesel?  I don’t have the exact length but it’s close to Churchill-size. It had a pointed head like a torpedo and a nipple at the foot end. And the ring guage increases slightly from head to foot. It’s kinda like a perfecto but,,,, ?  And it says only Diesel on the band. 

In any case, ol’ A.J. should be proud of it. It’s quite tasty. Of course, the lovely yellow cello is undoubtedly helping in that regard. 

So it was like a Hemingway work of art but longer?
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solamon. I'm sure I spelled that wrong.
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solamon. I'm sure I spelled that wrong.
    Salomon. You can remember it because it's shaped like a salmon that makes you say oooooooh in the middle of it. Love that shape, especially the Ave Maria ones. 
    I thought salomons were box pressed and didn't quite have the nipple as much as that
    It's taturday 
    Hope you're sitting down for that cigar. 
    Big nic hit incoming?
    Big nic hit incoming?
    The ENTIRE cigar is made out of ligero. Wrapper, binder, filler, all of it. 
    Big nic hit incoming?
    The ENTIRE cigar is made out of ligero. Wrapper, binder, filler, all of it. 
    Yeah it's got a little body. But it's probably 4 years old so it's settled down a lot I bet. My threshold is probably pretty high from previous habits too
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    So, what would ya call the vitola of this Diesel?  I don’t have the exact length but it’s close to Churchill-size. It had a pointed head like a torpedo and a nipple at the foot end. And the ring guage increases slightly from head to foot. It’s kinda like a perfecto but,,,, ?  And it says only Diesel on the band. 

In any case, ol’ A.J. should be proud of it. It’s quite tasty. Of course, the lovely yellow cello is undoubtedly helping in that regard. 

So it was like a Hemingway work of art but longer?
    The nipple end was just like a Work of Art. It probably WAS a Salomon like the others said but I thought Salomons were a bit longer than a Churchill. Maybe that’s only with other brands. 

Anyway, thanks to all for the help. It was a great smoke. 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you guys were right. It was a Diesel Salomon. And according to their description, they’re 7.1 x 58. Honestly, I thought mine was less than 7” but.....

Anyway, I’m still unsure as to which Salomon it was since the sampler I googled up showed 3 different blends sporting brown bands. And, as I said, it didn’t specify on the band. It isn’t important, just my curious nature rearing its ugly head.