VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that's awesome ^
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    0patience said:
    Someone broke your keyboard in half...
    If you can touch type it’s life changing comfort wise. 

I've broken keyboards before and they never came out like that. 
    They usually remain broken. LOL!

WTF is touch type?

It's typing without looking, where you put your index fingers on the keys with bumps (f and j) and use them to know where the rest of the keys are.
    Like a girl😂
    Boy, this brought back a memory or three. Way back in my high school days (1950-1952) my best buddy and I took a class in typing. We did it for one simple reason - we were the only guys in a whole class full of girls. It was a win-win situation....

In addition to the obvious reason, we each ended up typing about 75-80 words per minute on the old Underwood manual typewriters. No schools that we knew of had electrics yet.....
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took something like seven (7) typing courses in Jr. High--what they call middle school now--and High School and learned with the Rhythm Records like the Syncopated Clock. The teacher felt that having a proper rhythm to type was more important than speed and that you'd gradually work up the speed. This was back in the days where you'd jam the keys if you hit two at once on a mechanical typewriter. Got up to about 73 wpm when I finished, I'm surprised they don't really teach typing these days since almost everyone's on a computer all day. I got my grandma's old IBM Selectric ball typewriter and loved it. We have an old Underwood in the garage that we need to clean up from long rodent exposure in the country.

Typing was a course that you could take many times and still see benefit.  I took a business class in Jr. High and when I enrolled in one for High School and found they used the same book I knew it was a waste of time. I know how to properly endorse checks, though. :D

Did you listen to this one?

https://youtu.be/WgZxsxvXgpg

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Rhamlin said:
    0patience said:
    Someone broke your keyboard in half...
    If you can touch type it’s life changing comfort wise. 

I've broken keyboards before and they never came out like that. 
    They usually remain broken. LOL!

WTF is touch type?

It's typing without looking, where you put your index fingers on the keys with bumps (f and j) and use them to know where the rest of the keys are.
    Like a girl😂
    Boy, this brought back a memory or three. Way back in my high school days (1950-1952) my best buddy and I took a class in typing. We did it for one simple reason - we were the only guys in a whole class full of girls. It was a win-win situation....

In addition to the obvious reason, we each ended up typing about 75-80 words per minute on the old Underwood manual typewriters. No schools that we knew of had electrics yet.....
    Met my wife  47 years ago in typing class! My father thought typing would help in the family business! He got the family part right anyway!
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    our high school had mandatory typing class for college-bound freshmen. Served me well.

Fuente Curly Head while doing yard work.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Partagas RyR Spanish Rosado from @84CJ7, thanks, Mark.
  • Options
    Playing hockey from work this afternoon at the b&m 
    Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Nice pairing, Ricky.
  • Options

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yum

Anyone got any extra bat poop?
     The Jamaican kind not that cheap Malaysian stuff lol.

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I know someone that has chicken poop.  @Trykflyr_1

Works great for chapped lips and split wrappers.  You put it on and you won't lick your lips any more.

• Options
    Still no bat poop, but I found this.