Cigar Sprint Sale

Comments

• Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Finally snagged those d@mn antanos.
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    0patience:
    Ave Maria Barbarossa 5 pack were on there. When I got to it, it was at $21.00. I didn't get logged in fast enough. Hate it when that happens.

yea I've been there before every time I want something and its about to end my internet lags on me wtf
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    pbchevo:
    0patience:
    Ave Maria Barbarossa 5 pack were on there. When I got to it, it was at $21.00. I didn't get logged in fast enough. Hate it when that happens.

yea I've been there before every time I want something and its about to end my internet lags on me wtf
    I swear it can see my cursor coming.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    No, it's not just you guys, happens to me too. I think everyone in effect carries out a DOS attack by sitting and watching the sprinter run until the very end. I've noticed that the site uses the network connection once every second.
  • Options
    letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    xmacro:
    Holy ***, 10 2007 Carlito GOF's were just up now and they went for about $126
    126, damnit I just paid 134.89....should have waited
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    just picked up a mazo 10 of DPG serie JJ. Anyone had it? I've only had DPG blue and cuban. enjoyed both of them.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    just picked up a mazo 10 of DPG serie JJ. Anyone had it? I've only had DPG blue and cuban. enjoyed both of them.
    i saw those and almost jumped on em. my wishlist won out.

they are a DPG blend. very hard to go wrong.

• Options
    kuzi16:
    jliu:

haha i'm sorry about that kuzi. i missed on the DPG serie JJ maduro and i thought, OH, gotta get these! haha. what does "my wishlist won out" mean? excuse this newb
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    kuzi16:
    jliu:

haha i'm sorry about that kuzi. i missed on the DPG serie JJ maduro and i thought, OH, gotta get these! haha. what does "my wishlist won out" mean? excuse this newb
    ive got a list of cigars that i want to buy. i put a decent amount of time into that list. when the time is right (read "i have the cash") ill buy them. if they are not on the list i will not buy them. if i DO buy cigar that are not on my list i will regret it later. i have the sprint open quite a bit and if cigars on my list come up, i will buy them. otherwise i can wait.

i have enough cigars now that i feel no urge to rush out and make an impulse decision.

• Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    jliu:
    Your gonna like em Jiunn. I've had a few of the JJ a while back and its not my favorite DPG out there but I enjoyed them quite a bit. Its definitely smooth.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    jliu:
    kuzi16:
    jliu:

ive got a list of cigars that i want to buy. i put a decent amount of time into that list. when the time is right (read "i have the cash") ill buy them. if they are not on the list i will not buy them. if i DO buy cigar that are not on my list i will regret it later. i have the sprint open quite a bit and if cigars on my list come up, i will buy them. otherwise i can wait.

i have enough cigars now that i feel no urge to rush out and make an impulse decision.

ohh got ya. man... i've been spending SO much lately on cigars. I refuse to get a bigger humi. 99% refusal.
  • Options
    boydmcgowan:
    jliu:
    Your gonna like em Jiunn. I've had a few of the JJ a while back and its not my favorite DPG out there but I enjoyed them quite a bit. Its definitely smooth.
    nice. i was actually going to PM you and see if you've had them. i'm sure we'll both be having one together at some point.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    jliu:
    boydmcgowan:
    jliu:
    nice. i was actually going to PM you and see if you've had them. i'm sure we'll both be having one together at some point.
    I look forward to it brother.
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    jliu:
    If you have the patience, put 5 of them away for about 2 years. I found a box of JJ's buried at a B&M with only 3 sticks left in it. They were covered with plume, and the owner said they'd been sitting in there for years. In short, it was one of the top 5 cigars I've ever smoked.
  • Options
    ndhaon91:
    jliu:
    If you have the patience, put 5 of them away for about 2 years. I found a box of JJ's buried at a B&M with only 3 sticks left in it. They were covered with plume, and the owner said they'd been sitting in there for years. In short, it was one of the top 5 cigars I've ever smoked.
    i would be lying if i said that will be no problem. but you're making it sound really amazing. i'll just buy a seperate humi and label it "DONT TOUCH for two years" haha.
  • Options
    lukemcklukemck Posts: 45
    New poster, I'll introduce myself in the newb thread and not this one.. This sprint sale is probably the best/worst thing in the world.. I so badly want a bigger humidor but I know all my money will be gone..

Made my first two sprint purchases last night/this morning, grabbed a 10 pack of Uzis(5x60) for $49 and a 10 pack of Alec Bradley family blend(5.5x50) for $35.. Unfortunately that's all I have room for in my cigar jar, but it's probably for the best..

Wanted to try the Uzis mostly because the name is cool and I've seen a lot of people in this thread clamoring for them, grabbed the ABs because their Black Markets are probably my favorite cigar right now(I haven't smoked a lot.. yet).. Figured this would mean I'd be able to close the site but I'm still watching
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    lukemck:
    New poster, I'll introduce myself in the newb thread and not this one.. This sprint sale is probably the best/worst thing in the world.. I so badly want a bigger humidor but I know all my money will be gone..

Made my first two sprint purchases last night/this morning, grabbed a 10 pack of Uzis(5x60) for $49 and a 10 pack of Alec Bradley family blend(5.5x50) for $35.. Unfortunately that's all I have room for in my cigar jar, but it's probably for the best..

Wanted to try the Uzis mostly because the name is cool and I've seen a lot of people in this thread clamoring for them, grabbed the ABs because their Black Markets are probably my favorite cigar right now(I haven't smoked a lot.. yet).. Figured this would mean I'd be able to close the site but I'm still watching
    Welcome! The Uzi's are a personal favorite.... Check out the Newb threads, there are a few around. The trading thread is killer too if you want to get active. Regards, Catfish.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    lukemck:

Welcome :)

I had my first Uzi at my local B&M, figuring it was a gimmick; was really surprised at how smooth they were, and ever since, I've loved them. If you like the Uzi's, be sure to try the Joyo de Necaragua Dark Corojo Antano (El Martillo vitola) - very good IMO
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Shoot. Just missed 10 AB Black Markets. I simply must have more of these. Did anyone happen to see what they went for?
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    WTF!! All day i waited for UZI's on the sprint...the one time i get up to take a dump and they are sold....
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Jetmech_63:
    WTF!! All day i waited for UZI's on the sprint...the one time i get up to take a dump and they are sold....
    F*ck, I missed them too. Almost through the mazo I bought and now I need more; damn these things are good
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    Jetmech_63:
    Haha. If you have a smartphone, put the sprint sale on that, and take it to the bathroom with you next time.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    Doh !!!!
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    asianbiker8:
    Jetmech_63:
    Haha. If you have a smartphone, put the sprint sale on that, and take it to the bathroom with you next time.
    Glad I'm not the only one that does this
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    asianbiker8:
    Jetmech_63:
    You know it has gotten bad when you take your smartphone, tablet, or laptop in the sh!tt3r with ya!! Guilty!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    MVW67:
    skweekz:
    asianbiker8:
    Jetmech_63:
    You know it has gotten bad when you take your smartphone, tablet, or laptop in the sh!tt3r with ya!! Guilty!!
    there, class, dinner table...i gotta avoid that site!
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    That site almost had me sleeping on the couch. I paid more attention to it then my wife and daughter for pretty much a week straight. It's like it used cobra eyes on me, I was so dazed I couldn't think of anything else. lol
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Smokindaddy:
    That site almost had me sleeping on the couch. I paid more attention to it then my wife and daughter for pretty much a week straight. It's like it used cobra eyes on me, I was so dazed I couldn't think of anything else. lol
    Been there done that, let me know when you have 5 pages written out of things and what they went for!! Is addicting!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    MVW67:
    Smokindaddy:
    Been there done that, let me know when you have 5 pages written out of things and what they went for!! Is addicting!
    Ha ha ha, I haven't done the five page thing, but during that week I could have told you when the cigars I was looking for posted, time and prices they went for. I even had a scientific formula (or so I thought) as to when something came up to how long it would take to pop up again. I think I was right a couple times, but that was shear dumb luck LOL
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I tend not to go on here anymore...I'm saving money plus more importantly I just don't have the room!