Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

NEWBIE TRADING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    WayneCWayneC Posts: 32 ✭✭✭

Nice try @jbohon...  I'm just nervous after what you said about being ruined after smoking one of them... We need a Behike date!!!

• Options
    Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    GoCards said:
    Is return fire allowed in a newb trade?
    As is often the case in the cigar hobby, better to ask for forgiveness than permission ;)
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One two yada yada five 

Forum math rocks 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭
    @GoCards just a few things.  1.  I apologize for not getting a picture of the great sticks you sent me.  2.  we never settled on a 5-5, it was a mere suggestion, and you never said anything to oppose or agree, so technically no deal was struck.  3.  in the note you sent, you asked me to expand your palate.  it is very hard to do that with 5 cigars.  4.humidors and coolers are great.  Consider a slightly cheaper alternative, although not as nice looking, a sterilite gasket box.  You can get an 80qt 1 for like 15 bucks.  they lock up nice.  Anyway, thanks for the trade.  glad they arrived safely.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done Roman
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    GoCardsGoCards Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up.  Now have added an IRIS box to my collection. 
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received from @avengethis the completion of my first NewB sponsored trade. Awesome. I can't wait to try these. As always math gets fuzzy lol. Thanks brother I am overwhelmed.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    SmoothsticksSmoothsticks Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there from Central CA. been watching the forum for a while and finally feeling like I can get my feet wet. I would like to put my name on the list to get a sponsor and start training to be a true BOTL.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Smoothsticks, I'll sponsor your newb trade. Welcome to the nut house. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Smoothsticks
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome 
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Jeremy, @Smoothsticks, sent me tracking, 9505515450616321011101, these should land tomorrow.  Once I receive them I'll post him up to the good trader's list and fire back.
  • Options
    Got a nice selection of sticks from @Smoothsticks for his Newbie Trade, looks good Jeremy.  I'll enjoy trying out the San Lotano and the MOW Armada, and really all of them look good.  I'll get my end of the trade put together and shipped out for you soon.

• Options
    @Yakster I had the San Lotano in the Habano and enjoyed it. Hope the Connecticut is just as good!
  • Options
    My end of the trade should be going out today, if I can get to the P.O. before it closes.  9405803699300342639012
  • Options
    NjbowNjbow Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    I'm interested I'm definitely a noob how does this work? 
  • Options
    Got a couple packages from @Sketch6995 and @Yakster today. pics will be inbound. Thank you gentlemen very much
  • Options
    Enjoy the cigars, Jeremy.
  • Options
    Got this package from @Yakster. Very generous trade. Not an even trade by a long shot but I may have an idea of how this all works lol. all of them are new to me so thank you for broadening my horizons Chris.
  • Options
    Got these from Jeff @Sketch6995. never thought I would see many of these in person let alone in MY humi. Very thankful for your generosity.
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Smoothsticks
    Your welcome I hope you enjoy them.
    And incidently, yours came today.
    Very nice selection.
    TYVM
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    Good afternoon fellow cigar aficionados.  I am a newb and I'm here to join the fun.  I know I need a sponsor and I'll just let you know I'm not wealthy, but I do love hand rolled imports.  I prefer maduro and dbls ect..   I'm not afraid to try any cigar, and im not afraid to trade, bomb, pif or whatever good hand rolled cigars either.  I love Nicaraguan fillers, Dominican leaves and am wanting to expand my pallette.  My name is Josh, y'all can call me Josh.  Bomb me if you dare....
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jsmithusaf89
    You don't have to be wealthy, you only have to smoke a minimum of 150,000 cigars a year.
    Or $150,000 worth of cigars a year.
    Lol
    Welcome to the madness.
    Got any nachos?
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    @Jsmithusaf89
    You don't have to be wealthy, you only have to smoke a minimum of 150,000 cigars a year.
    Or $150,000 worth of cigars a year.
    Lol
    Welcome to the madness.
    Got any nachos?
    We done created a monster....

yep.

Bwahahahahahahaha

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure he wasn't sideways when he slid through the door
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    WayneCWayneC Posts: 32 ✭✭✭
    Thanks @jbohon... A ridiculously awesome smoke.