NEWBIE TRADING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy!

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    LuvBourbonLuvBourbon Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

Noob here, I'd like to participate in this if there's anyone that would be gracious enough to trade with me.

Just joined this forum and I like it here!

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

After you have 50 posts under your belt you can request a sponsor on the Newbie Trading Thread to get started.

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/340006/newbie-trading-thread

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

@Yakster said:
    After you have 50 posts under your belt you can request a sponsor on the Newbie Trading Thread to get started.

Whoops, I sorry about that..........I think I missed the 50 post part.
    My apologies.

• Options

@Yakster said:

Am I ok to trade with now?

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll sponsor this one if no one objects.

• Options

The 50 posts is to give you time to decide if it's a good culture fit and let you decide if your going to stick around. Blowing through 50 posts in 2 days defeats the purpose.

Give it another week or so, jump on vHerf and meet the regulars, hang out for a minute first.

• Options
    edited January 2022

@Yakster said:
    The 50 posts is to give you time to decide if it's a good culture fit and let you decide if your going to stick around. Blowing through 50 posts in 2 days defeats the purpose.

Give it another week or so, jump on vHerf and meet the regulars, hang out for a minute first.

Ok, no worries. I wasn't trying to blow through it, I thought I made quality posts. I was a bit excited to trade with someone for the first time. I can't really vherf as its so cold here. No biggie though, I'm gonna just forget about doing this and hang out.

• Options

Yeah, come back the end of next week ask for a sponsor. How it works is you'll send a forum fiver first to the sponsor and then they'll send one back to you to get you on the Good Trader's List.

• Options
    edited January 2022

@Yakster said:
    Yeah, come back the end of next week ask for a sponsor. How it works is you'll send a forum fiver first to the sponsor and then they'll send one back to you to get you on the Good Trader's List.

I read how it works, that's why I asked for a trade as I thought I met the requirements. I'm not gonna worry about it anymore, No big deal.

Have a great weekend brother.

• Options
    edited January 2022

@Yakster said:

My last post was unnecessary, allow me to explain myself. I was to the understanding that this was for us new guys to show that we are trustworthy to trade with and I didn't see how the time frame of the 50 post had anything to do with it as long as they were quality interactions. I was just discouraged that I couldn't trade even though I met the written requirements. I understand you wanting this to be for people that are here for the long term. I apologize if I came off short with you, wasn't my intention.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're welcome, Shawn!

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LuvBourbon said:

@Yakster said:

My last post was unnecessary, allow me to explain myself. I was to the understanding that this was for us new guys to show that we are trustworthy to trade with and I didn't see how the time frame of the 50 post had anything to do with it as long as they were quality interactions. I was just discouraged that I couldn't trade even though I met the written requirements. I understand you wanting this to be for people that are here for the long term. I apologize if I came off short with you, wasn't my intention.

“Another one bites the dust”? Wonder why this one did not stick around? I guess he will not be able to unload yard gars for premiums.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@Patrickbrick said:
    “Another one bites the dust”? Wonder why this one did not stick around? I guess he will not be able to unload yard gars for premiums.

There was some drama in the New vHerf thread that seems to have chased the guy away.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the holy grail is right up your alley @Hobbes86

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Is this thread current? Have we minted any fresh Newbies since @Hobbes86?

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrPossum is fairly new. Has anyone invited him into our reindeer games?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    edited May 2022

@ShawnOL said:
    @MrPossum is fairly new. Has anyone invited him into our reindeer games?

I sent him a message a couple of days ago, offering to be his sponsor. He hasn't responded yet, though.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrPossum said:
    Sorry guys I haven’t gotten around to the trades yet, just got a lot going on currently, but when I get the time I’ll join in

Why don't you just send me your address for the news letter. PM me.

• Options
    MrTuvokMrTuvok Posts: 4

Has anyone tried any of the Southern Draw cigars yet? If so, which one is your favorite? I tried one at a port and cigar night sponsored by Jessie's Grove winery in Lodi and I absolutely fell in love with it! Full bodied, great draw, and a nice, slow and even burn! When I found out that Southern Draw is owned and operated by veterans, that made it even more perfect! I guess some people must like them because for my order last month, I had to wait for them to arrive on backorder! It was definitely worth the wait! I'll see if there are any responses before I reveal which one of these incredible cigars is my absolute favorite, but IMHO they're ALL awesome!

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrTuvok wrong thread buddy, welcome to the forum.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    MrTuvokMrTuvok Posts: 4

@TNBigfoot68 - Actually I was asking the question in terms of getting to know what people like. I'm hoping to eventually be able to do some trades in the future, but I have read some of the posts and know that there are rules and that one cannot merely jump in and ask for a sponsor. It seemed that posting a question to those that have a lot of experience with many of different types of cigars would be a good way to become more knowledgeable as well as to express my interest in this thread. It would also give me some insight into what people prefer which could be useful if I do participate in trades later on.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still wrong thread.