Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

NEWBIE TRADING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Icemanxxxv said:
    So how exactly does a newbe initiate a trade

You might try reading post #1 in this thread.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Icemanxxxv said:
    So how exactly does a newbe initiate a trade

After you have fifty quality posts on the forum you request a trade on this thread. You'll be expected to pony up good cigars for your end.

Here's some threads to give you an idea of most forum members top picks.

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/901861/2021-ccom-forums-cigar-of-the-year-results#latest

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/901392/2020-ccom-forums-cigar-of-the-year-results#latest

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/900625/2019-ccom-forums-cigar-of-the-year-results#latest

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/899715/ccom-forum-top-25-of-2018#latest

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    IcemanxxxvIcemanxxxv Posts: 6

Just my luck. I'd literally give these away for three player to be named later.......

I got a hole in my bucket I can't buy no beer!

• Options
    IcemanxxxvIcemanxxxv Posts: 6

You did everything right, except realize that nobody here smokes Acids. Sorry, but good luck unloading them.

Yeah I understand why, but maybe just maybe someone like them?

I got a hole in my bucket I can't buy no beer!

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Icemanxxxv said:

You did everything right, except realize that nobody here smokes Acids. Sorry, but good luck unloading them.

Not in this crowd.

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

@Icemanxxxv said:

@Far_North_64 likes acids if he is still around here and smoking, haven't heard for him in while. Welcome to the forum @Icemanxxxv
    Try grabbing a stick and join us on the vherf check the first post of the thread for the new vherf thread and join through the link. Good way to meet fellow smokers.
    New vHerf (Zoom)

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    PuertoRicoShawnPuertoRicoShawn Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭

This seems like a fun start. This is a blind swap?

When you’re finished changing, you’re finished. —Ben Franklin

• Options

Read the first posts.

• Options

I read the first post and the whole of the first page.

• Options

Yeah, it's mostly a blind swap, though you can look at what your sponsor smokes and come up with some ideas and there's no rules in the books that say you or the sponsor can't communicate and figure out a good trade.

We hold off on newbie trades until after the newbie has 50 posts under their belt, so they know what kind of people that hang out here and figure out if it's a good fit and so we know it's not just a hit-and-run.

Jumping on vHerf is the advanced class.

• Options

@Yakster said:
    Yeah, it's mostly a blind swap, though you can look at what your sponsor smokes and come up with some ideas and there's no rules in the books that say you or the sponsor can't communicate and figure out a good trade.

We hold off on newbie trades until after the newbie has 50 posts under their belt, so they know what kind of people that hang out here and figure out if it's a good fit and so we know it's not just a hit-and-run.

Jumping on vHerf is the advanced class.

Ok good to know. Thanks for the info. That could be handy to add the 50 post requirement in the first post. Just sayin

• Options

I would if I could.

• Options

But i guess this helps my count! Lol

• Options

@TRayB if and when you’re interested to join in our reindeer games let me know.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    @TRayB if and when you’re interested to join in our reindeer games let me know.

Thanks, I'll let you know. For now, I'm content to just chat here.

• Options

70 posts baby! Wait this makes 71. Wait i havent posted this yet. But by the time you see this(whoever you are) it will be 71. Hmmmm.. is big brother watching?

• Options

@PuertoRicoShawn said:
    70 posts baby! Wait this makes 71. Wait i havent posted this yet. But by the time you see this(whoever you are) it will be 71. Hmmmm.. is big brother watching?

Does this mean you are in the market for a sponsor? Have you read previous posts that explain how things work? If so I’ll take it on if you’re ready.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

I'll also be willing to jump you in @PuertoRicoShawn but part of my deal requires you to get on the vHerf. You've been burning up the forum lately but I think you need to show your face, and tonight is as good as any.

(Hey fellas, He hasn't already been on the vHerf has he? I've been kinda scarce myself so I wouldn't even know. I'm just going on assumptions. Ha!)

• Options

Have not been on the vHerf. Its a little late of a start for me out here in the Atlantic. Usually rolling into bed at 9pm or shortly there after. But we shall see and will be easier after you all change times for spring forward.

I read the rules. Seems pretty simple to me. I send first what ever is requested of me, then post tracking info in here. Then let USPS do their magic. Are there any intricacies that I should be further aware of?

• Options

vHerf time isn't set in stone, you can start one at anytime, then post in the thread that you're on.

• Options

@PuertoRicoShawn said:
    Have not been on the vHerf. Its a little late of a start for me out here in the Atlantic. Usually rolling into bed at 9pm or shortly there after. But we shall see and will be easier after you all change times for spring forward.

I read the rules. Seems pretty simple to me. I send first what ever is requested of me, then post tracking info in here. Then let USPS do their magic. Are there any intricacies that I should be further aware of?

Nothing specific. That pretty much covers it. Just send me a pm when you’re ready and we’ll get this thing started.

• Options

9405 5036 9930 0468 9227 76 Label paid for printed and attached going to @Rdp77 . Will either put in the out mail this afternoon or tomorrow

• Options

Mail hasnt ran yet. So it will go out today.

• Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I got my end of the Newbie Trade with @GenerosityLeadership today, Ryan really hit it out of the park. I'll send back soon.

@Yakster I love the Nutty Irishman. Great first half trade Ryan.

I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Options
    GenerosityLeadershipGenerosityLeadership Posts: 423 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad you like the selection, Chris. Thank you for welcoming me to the group. I look forward to the freeze being over in a day or two so I can enjoy a cigar outside with the group.

Ryan

@Yakster said:
    I got my end of the Newbie Trade with @GenerosityLeadership today, Ryan really hit it out of the park. I'll send back soon.

• Options

Stay warm @GenerosityLeadership and @Stubble, I understand Texas is getting hit hard right now.

• Options

Coming at you, @GenerosityLeadership 9400109205568355985240

• Options

That isnt promising