OLIVAS!...any of them but especially the G's and V's
    Camacho 1962, Triple Maduro, Coyolar(?)
    5 Vegas 'A'
    Padron's; 26's and 64's
    Rocky Patel Vintage 1992, Edge
    CAO Criollo
    Fuente Hemingway
    San Cristobal

Thats all I can think of right now...not very many surprisingly.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Well here is my updated list since I had to change from everyday sticks to more special sticks. I figured if I can only smoke once a week at most, why not make it a good one.

Oliva V (Reg and Maduro)
    Tatuaje Brown/ Black/ Monster
    La Riqueza
    Camacho Liberty
    AF Anejo
    AF OpusX
    Oliva MB
    Padron Anniv.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    hmmmm....

in no order

OpusX
    camacho slr maduro
    Punch Gran Puro
    Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte Madrid
    5 Vegas series A
    Gurkha Centurian
    partagas black
    gurkha Regent
    CAO Italia
    oliva series V

thats probably the short list. Im sure i forgot something.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    urbino:
    Looks like the Ashton VSG is on the list of everyone except doody and maddy. Doody hasn't had one. What's your excuse, maddy?
    Same excuse as duty. I have a couple resting now but still haven't smoked one.
    Really? That surprises me.
    Me too. THe only reason I can think is that they're not talked about much at my B&M. They don't say anythign bad about them, but nothing good either. That and after the Ashton rep was such a *** at the San Cristobal event I vowed to never buy another Ashton. I broke that but I bought the VSG enchantment in St. Louis, so it came from a different rep. It made me feel better.

If its nice this weekend I'll smoke the Belicoso that I've had since August. To celebrate the succesful installation of my new front door which is my project for the weekend.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive had a VSG, and its not on my list.

its good but it doesnt knock my socks off. ...a tiny bit pricey for what it is in my mind. the taste is great but in reality, cost is a factor in my life.
  • Options
    I completely lied. I did smoke a VSG, the one that you sent me kuzi. I don't remember it at all, not a good sign.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I smoked a VSG a few days ago. It was OK, and I would not turn one down in the future. I would also not go out of my way to buy another. Like I said, to me it was OK, but nothing that special.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Is the VGS anything like the VSG?
  • Options
    dutyje:

Have you done your dishes yet?
  • Options
    laker1963:
    dutyje:

HA! I don't think he can reach the sink in the clubhouse. You might need to get him a step stool.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    laker1963:
    dutyje:

HA! I don't think he can reach the sink in the clubhouse. You might need to get him a step stool.

Oh that's right. Hey Urbi,,, Can you let Duty out of the humi for a while? He has dishes to do. He smells of, ummmm, well, Burro, as well.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Yeah, I don't let him wash up in the humi. Throws the humidity off. The cedar covers the smell.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Jeez... I spent all dang weekend on those dishes... my hands are so pruned I don't think I'll be able to hold a cigar for a few days.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    dutyje:
    Jeez... I spent all dang weekend on those dishes... my hands are so pruned I don't think I'll be able to hold a cigar for a few days.
    dishpan hands...gotta use palmolive
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

Alright gonna post my favorite sticks and try this line break thing, didn't work the first time so we will see.

Padron 6000 natural (any thousand series really)

Padron 26 #9 natural

Ashton VSG torpedo

Fuente Hemmingway Classic (classic cigar flavor)

Fuente Sungrown Churchill

Tatuaje Cojuno 2006 (Maddy I tried the 2003 it is good but prefer the 2006)

And my new favorite Litto Gomez Chisel

• Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    dep691:

Alright gonna post my favorite sticks and try this line break thing, didn't work the first time so we will see.

Padron 26 #9 natural

Ashton VSG torpedo

Could you PM me Dep where you got those Litto Gomez Chisel... Would like to give those a shot... :)
  • Options
    Tumbler:
    dep691:

Padron 26 #9 natural

Ashton VSG torpedo

Could you PM me Dep where you got those Litto Gomez Chisel... Would like to give those a shot... :)

Sent you a PM

• Options
    dep691:

Padron 26 #9 natural

Ashton VSG torpedo

No problem Dep everyone has their own opinion. IMO the 2003 builds up, it get spicier and stronger while the 2006 is at its strongest when you first light it and it mellows as you smoke it.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    dep691:

Padron 26 #9 natural

Ashton VSG torpedo

No problem Dep everyone has their own opinion. IMO the 2003 builds up, it get spicier and stronger while the 2006 is at its strongest when you first light it and it mellows as you smoke it.

I have two more, the first one didn't do that I'll see what the other one's do. If they both do that then I would be with you on prefering the 2003 over the 2006.

• Options
    dep691:
    madurofan:
    dep691:

Padron 26 #9 natural

Ashton VSG torpedo

I have two more, the first one didn't do that I'll see what the other one's do. If they both do that then I would be with you on prefering the 2003 over the 2006.

I've had at least 10-15 of each and this has been my generic experience. Not everyone I've smoked has fit that criteria but most have. My second issue is that the 2006 is a belicoso and it seems to build up tar where I've never had that experience with the 2003.
  • Options
    I think that the tar build up is common on the Tatuaje brands. I have had several from each line that did that.
  • Options
    vankleekkw:
    I think that the tar build up is common on the Tatuaje brands. I have had several from each line that did that.
    Heh thats odd I've only had that issue with the Belicosos and the lanceros(El Truinfador).
  • Options
    The monster was the worst. Every one I had was that way. I just put them back in the humi to age. Maybe the tar will lessen with age.
  • Options
    Oh and by the way. Too all that have not had the El Triunfador, go buy them now. You don't understand what you are missing.
  • Options
    vankleekkw:
    Oh and by the way. Too all that have not had the El Triunfador, go buy them now. You don't understand what you are missing.
    Indeed, especially for the price. $9 for a limited edition extremely tasty lancero, is not bad at all.
  • Options
    vankleekkw:
    The monster was the worst. Every one I had was that way. I just put them back in the humi to age. Maybe the tar will lessen with age.
    You mean the Frank? I refused to chase that thing down, Pete is wearing me down with all these hard to come by sticks.
  • Options
    Right place at the right time. Got them the minute Pete anounced locations. I ordered em before the store knew they were getting them.
  • Options
    vankleekkw:
    Right place at the right time. Got them the minute Pete anounced locations. I ordered em before the store knew they were getting them.
    I remember a few of you guys on CL doing that.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Ya know Maddy, I kinda hate you for talking about Tatuaje so much. Because of your talk, I had to try some, and they were good. But that wasn't enough, I had to get some of the Cojonu 2003 to see if they are "that good". But even that's not enough, suddenly I found myself becoming a Pete Johnson **** in that I want to look into and try everything the guy has made or will make. Great cigars indeed, but man, I'm running myself ragged trying to sample all these different cigars. The madness has to end somewhere.
  • Options
    It will never end bc Pete is an @ss like that, he has all kinds of limited editions and one time runs, etc. haven't had a bad one yet tho ...:)