Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    haven't had a bad one yet tho ...:)
    This is true.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I've never had any of them, so far as I know.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    I've never had any of them, so far as I know.
    Hmmm we may have to change that.
  • Options
    Just keep it small, is all I ask. Make mine a pipe bomb instead of an ICBM. Don't hurt me, Hammer.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Pete's newest line is coming out any day now, the Ambos Mundos. He is targeting the every day smoker with a price point slightly under $5.00. There are only 2 sizes, the Toro and and Robusto. Only 2 blends, the Habano and Sumatra. Hope I made you drool by letting you know. :)
  • Options
    vankleekkw:
    Pete's newest line is coming out any day now, the Ambos Mundos. He is targeting the every day smoker with a price point slightly under $5.00. There are only 2 sizes, the Toro and and Robusto. Only 2 blends, the Habano and Sumatra. Hope I made you drool by letting you know. :)
    Dammit! A Pete Johnson Sumatra, I'm in trouble. Are these long filler? I know his last attempt at being reasonable is a mixed filler which is fine but not something I'd typically buy.
  • Options
    Yep, long filler. Just his attempt at making a reasonable priced "Every day cigar"
  • Options
    vankleekkw:
    Yep, long filler. Just his attempt at making a reasonable priced "Every day cigar"
    Sweet. You know when its scheduled for release?
  • Options
    Any day now. They were slated to start shipping in mid-Feb to shops
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    sorry for getting off topic but for those of you who have the AVO's in your favs, have you had all of the 5 or 6 lines? I'm curious about trying AVO and though I think I had an AVO a while ago I really can't remember. I know the Domain is a favorite but are there any others worth a go?
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    phobicsquirrel:
    sorry for getting off topic but for those of you who have the AVO's in your favs, have you had all of the 5 or 6 lines? I'm curious about trying AVO and though I think I had an AVO a while ago I really can't remember. I know the Domain is a favorite but are there any others worth a go?

No, I have only had the Domaine from a trade pack from Urbi.
    Funny too because I enjoyed the Domaine so freakin' much that I smoked two of them back to back because I just wasn;t finished when the first one was gone.
    I have never done that before nor since with any other cigar.
    Maybe Urbi knows more of the others in the line but if they are half as good as the Domaine's then they would be very good sticks to try.
    In fact good idea Phobic... I'm not sure the wife will agree, it may be time for a trial pack of several of this respected brand.
    Maybe they will come up as a one day deal or deal of the week, that would be sweet!
  • Options
    yeah, I wish there was a sampler or something..
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I really like the AVO maduro. Nice smooth maduro. I also like the 787. Like the domaine, a very classy smoke. The XO isn't too bad, wasn't as good as IMO as other. I have not had the Signature line yet, but one is resting in the smoking humi.
  • Options
    Sorry, the Domaine is the only one I've had. Kas likes their standard line quite a bit, IIRC.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Sorry, the Domaine is the only one I've had. Kas likes their standard line quite a bit, IIRC.
    I do like the standard line Avo a great deal. The Signature adds a ton of Spice and kicks it up to a Full bodied smoke, I like the Ecuadorian wrapper on the Signature as well. The XO adds a different flavor profile that is really nutty/ cedary. But, Urbi made the Domaine my favorite. All in all Avo is a top notch cigar with all there lines. oh yeah, the Maduro is pretty tasty too. I rarely see them in shops but they can be found here, a little pricey but worth the price.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    XO adds a different flavor profile that is really nutty/ cedary.
    Hmmm, gonna have to try that one. I LOVE the cedariness of the Padilla '68.
  • Options
    I ordered a 5er of the domain and maduro. I hope I like them for that price. sounds like I will from the reviews and from some of you. if not I know who does..
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Ka-bump
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I think one of my new really up there favorites is the puch rare corojo. I heard these age well and i'm contemplating buying a box but they have a flavor i just cant get off my mind.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    The rothchilds in these are excellent, I love 'em
  • Options
    These seem to be liked a lot, I may have to try one. dammit, another one I have to put on the list..... You guys don't make this very cost effective for me.
  • Options
    That is quite the list my friend. I particularly enjoy the Oliva family maduros as the conneticut shade is a tad light for my taste. The Casa Magna is at the top of my value list as well - another great smoke.
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    mobyallan:
    That is quite the list my friend. I particularly enjoy the Oliva family maduros as the conneticut shade is a tad light for my taste. The Casa Magna is at the top of my value list as well - another great smoke.
    I wish casa magna wasnt so against selling their product online because none of my b&ms have it and i want to try it. supposed to be number 1 cigar of 08
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    tshaw:
    mobyallan:
    I wish casa magna wasnt so against selling their product online because none of my b&ms have it and i want to try it. supposed to be number 1 cigar of 08
    I've got one I purchased a month ago at my B&M in my smoking humidor. I smoked one right out of the store - eh it was ok. Burned like $hit, and the taste wasn't all that amazing. But I figure with a month resting it should be better. I'll send it your way today if I can.