Home Non Cigar Related
Options

The Walking Dead

Comments

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump.

Anyone watching Fear The Walking Dead? I just started it. (No spoilers please.) It's fairly slow so far, which is to be expected. I like to watch multiple episodes at a time so it seems like there's some action. Never really noticed how slow the original is until I caught up on Netflix and had to watch one episode a week.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has more of a movie feel to me. As of now i like the original better but thats to be expected
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Usaf06 said:
    This one has more of a movie feel to me. As of now i like the original better but thats to be expected
    Well the original is probably the best show on tv so this one has some high expectations to live up to, but I like that there's a story of the beginning of the apocalypse. 
    Still amazed that nobody in these shows has ever seen a zombie movie though. 
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad they've finally gotten around to a prequel. It should really heat up soon. I hope. 
  • Options
    Holy crap. I won't spoil it, but holy crap. 

Also, can anybody tell me why a zombie, with decaying flesh falling off their body, seems to have perfect hearing. Do the ear drums not decay? The slightest noise seems to get their attention. A gunshot echoes out in a forest and they immediately know exactly which direction it came from. A brief struggle inside a store and the zombies not only hear it from the street, but they know exactly which store in came from. Doesn't make sense to me.

Oh, and also, holy crap.
  • Options
    I watched it this morning and holy crap!!
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been wondering about other zombie bodily functions for a few years. If they eat, they gotta poop. 

Yup, I went there...
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    jarubla said:
    I have been wondering about other zombie bodily functions for a few years. If they eat, they gotta poop. 

Yup, I went there...
    I saw a conversation about that somewhere a while back. May have been on Talking Dead. Makes you think.
  • Options
    The older ones shouldn't be able to eat since I the deteriorating tissue and muscle around the mouth
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Overlooking zombies sensory abilities, this has been an entertaining start to the season.  If you follow the comic story line, it does not quite line up with the television events,  but the writers do keep it compelling.  With the two separate set of event happening now, we probably will have to wait a while to get some answers to last weeks episode.
  • Options
    Holy ****
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally the new season. Was going thru zombie withdrawals. 

Got to finally shoot my 10/22 today after a bit over $300 upgrades. Dang thing shoots awesome now. May put a better scope on it but can shoot bottle caps at 100yds all day the way it sits. Dropped 4 critters so I'm happy for awhile.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The was one heck of a show.  One of best so far!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Roses are red
    Zombies are green
    if there's a zombie apocalypse 
    You're on my team. 
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I meant to put quotes on that post above. 
  • Options
    Finally watched last night. WTF!!!! That was a crazy episode.
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to watch tonight
  • Options
    Bigshizza said:
    I'm going to watch tonight
    Buckle up.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dammmmmit it didn't record!! Holy Shizza not happy
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There went 2 bucks on Google play.. well worth it tho
  • Options
    Bigshizza said:
    It will be on again. Sunday night before the new one. Or watch it online.
  • Options
    It may be on demand also
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They found Sofia in the barn....:(
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza said:
    Don't nibble at the sandwich just take a bite chew swallow and repeat.    Or something like that 
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    That's dirty Kelly
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    That's dirty Kelly
    I know, yet I still laugh every time I see it :smiley: 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edna20 said:
    ROTFL.  I hadn't seen this one yet.

Would have been more fun to keep the annoying little kid around longer for Carol to torture.  You just knew he was gonna get them all eaten.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got to admit.  I was totally blown away. I wasn't surprised by the kid but I figured the woman would live long enough to get busy with Rick. 
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This show is a bit nuts. It likes to kick its viewers in the face.

Its title may be a double reference--the walkers, and the survivors who will soon be walkers.

As an existential study, it asks several questions: what is humanity? What is decency? What would you do? How could you protect your loved ones and friends? How do we mourn list loved ones? What is civilization? Can man face anhillation and win, or will facing the monster turn him in to a monster?

Or it just might be a show about whacking walkers, but I don't think so...
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch