Home Non Cigar Related
Options

The Walking Dead

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Maybe it's a show about nothing.  (seinfeld reference)

Probably the best, and funniest, scene from this season...

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    This show is a bit nuts. It likes to kick its viewers in the face.

Its title may be a double reference--the walkers, and the survivors who will soon be walkers.

As an existential study, it asks several questions: what is humanity? What is decency? What would you do? How could you protect your loved ones and friends? How do we mourn list loved ones? What is civilization? Can man face anhillation and win, or will facing the monster turn him in to a monster?

Or it just might be a show about whacking walkers, but I don't think so...
    "Whacking Walkers" is a much better title!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder who got clubbed at the end. 
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best series show ever on tv IMHO! If you start watching it start from day 1 otherwise you just won't get it and think it's some freaky zombie show.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    If you want to know pm me
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some dude asked me if I watched The Walking Dead. I think my reply was "Naw, I'm not really into shows about zombies." 

Then he actually says to me,...... "It's not really about zombies. The show is about the people,..... who aren't zombies."

• Options
    Usaf06 said:
    Rhamlin said:
    If you want to know pm me
    I googled it. Wish I hadn't. Hope it's wrong. 
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Some dude asked me if I watched The Walking Dead. I think my reply was "Naw, I'm not really into shows about zombies." 

Then he actually says to me,...... "It's not really about zombies. The show is about the people,..... who aren't zombies."

Great show. I'd recommend it to anyone. You should start from the beginning though. 

I wrote about this a week ago but for some reason it didn't post.
    I was talking about the show at work and co-worker asked about it. 65ish woman. She started watching it on my recommendation and became a huge fan. She has since retired but still comes in and we talk about the show. She was in the other day before the season finale and was so worried about who might not survive. She had  heard who was going to die in the comics. It was actually kind of funny. 
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not mocking the show. I'm mocking the dude's comment to me. I'm sure it's a good show. I just haven't seen it. 
  • Options
    Now you got me going. Who is it!!!!
  • Options
    Albinfk said:
    Now you got me going. Who is it!!!!
    I'm not going to spill the beans 
  • Options
    That's like dangling an Opus X beyond my reach. Not right!
  • Options
    Albinfk said:
    That's like dangling an Opus X beyond my reach. Not right!
    There's a thousand articles with theories as to who it might have been. The show doesn't always follow the comic, but there is a lot of info about the comic out there. Use your google machine. I don't want to post any spoilers.
  • Options
    Comic number 100 to be specific
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    HrycajHrycaj Posts: 62 ✭✭
    The show has itself a cult, I'll give it that. I'm stubbornly opposed for no valid reason other than sci-fi and what not isn't for me. 

MIND BLOWING however is this thread! In 2011 Hulu was something some members were just hearing about.  Technology sure moves quick
  • Options
    Just finished the last couple episodes of Fear The Walking Dead. The first season was a bit boring in an action sense but interesting in the sense of watching civilization crumble. The second season has been pretty good in my opinion.
  • Options
    Yeah it's finally picking up 
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the previews for the show when it was first coming out.  I thought, "That show looks really really, stupid...Zombies, really?  Lame..."

So for the first three seasons, I didn't watch it.  Then, I got this thing called Netflix.  And after hearing all my buddies constantly rave about the show, I decided to try episode 1 to see what all the hype is about.  Lets just say I finished 3 seasons in a week  LOL.....

Next to Breaking Bad and SOA, my favorite show hands down.  I absolutely hate being all caught up and having to wait through the off season for more :'(
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • Options
    Game of thrones and vikings are my top 2 but walking dead is probably 3
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    skydiverD said:
    I remember the previews for the show when it was first coming out.  I thought, "That show looks really really, stupid...Zombies, really?  Lame..."

So for the first three seasons, I didn't watch it.  Then, I got this thing called Netflix.  And after hearing all my buddies constantly rave about the show, I decided to try episode 1 to see what all the hype is about.  Lets just say I finished 3 seasons in a week  LOL.....

Next to Breaking Bad and SOA, my favorite show hands down.  I absolutely hate being all caught up and having to wait through the off season for more :'(
    Same here. I think it was in the third season when I started watching. From the beginning, of course. Caught up in no time. Now a slow (character building) episode really stands out because you have to wait an entire week for the next one. I hardly noticed when I watched six episodes at a time.
    Loved Breaking Bad and SOA has been on my queue for a while now.
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't start watching till season 4.. imma zombie nut now. TV show is far better than movies.
  • Options
    Usaf06 said:
    Haven't watched thrones but love Vikings
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wife and I have been enjoying Gotham recently.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    ThePascoThePasco Posts: 12
    Rhamlin said:
    Usaf06 said:
    Haven't watched thrones but love Vikings
    Game of Thrones and Vikings are kinda similar, but GoT has way more twists and turns in the story lines.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also boobs.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Barely turned on my satellite for a month since I got HBONow and there's already three new episodes of Fear the Walking Dead on my DVR!? Alrighty then. Didn't even know the new season started yet.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the hell does the new season start?
  • Options
    October 23rd. It seems like this was a bit longer waiting on the new season to me. 
  • Options
    Bigshizza said:
    When the hell does the new season start?
    Tonight!
  • Options