I smoked a good cigar from....

Comments

• Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    The Catch 22 is pretty good for a good price

The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Trident, OR Fallen Angel was a delicious little gem and @jgibv the Studio Tabac test blend ST-002 was a righteous treat thank you!!

Thanks a ton!
    Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    *** Warning, long winded post and pic heavy ***

@Lee.mcglynn 

My darling wife came to me yesterday and said she wanted to have a cigar that night and to be on vherf to have "an adult conversation" (I laughed about the adult part inside) and wanted me to pick out a cigar for her. Back in 2012 when we first got married we spent the first year of our marriage living with our parents. During that time Lee enjoyed the reviews that Amanda and I were doing and sent a bomb that included two of every cigar so we could smoke and share our thoughts together. Included in that was a 2010-2011 (can't recall perfectly this far down the line) PSD4 tubo's that I hung onto for quite some time. Lit those bad boys up last night and that 6 year ISOM was an amazing treat, thank you so much and Amanda absolutely loved it too!!!

I've had many a PSD4 pass through my stash but as terrible as it sounds I've never smoked one before last night as I ended up gifting them to others who either were in love with them or had never had an ISOM before. It was a damn good cigar, very creamy starting at mild+ strength that by midway built to a true medium with heavy leather, thick cream, some nuttiness and a touch of pepper on the retrohale and very subtle but delicious undertones that showed its Cuban roots of that classic metallic lemongrass tang from the high lithium content in the Cuban soil. Paired it with a 10 year straight rye from Jefferson's at 94 proof that had mellowed considerably and had strong notes of caramel candied green apple, perfect companion and contrast to the PSD4!

Thanks Lee and that was a really special time and treat for us, truly appreciate it!

Thank you truly,
    Brett and Amanda "The Irish Clan"
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome pics, especially the last one of you two. You know, Brett, we'll never recognize you in public without a stick in your mouth.
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Very awesome! I'm glad you both got to smoke them. I always enjoyed both your thoughts and usually spot on! I'm glad you both got time to enjoy a smoke together and I'm always looking for more reviews from both of you!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Very awesome! I'm glad you both got to smoke them. I always enjoyed both your thoughts and usually spot on! I'm glad you both got time to enjoy a smoke together and I'm always looking for more reviews from both of you!
    Thanks Lee really appreciate that and very kind, will definitely keep posting my thoughts and see if I can't convince Amanda to put pen to paper a bit ;)

Brett
  • Options
    Awesome pics, especially the last one of you two. You know, Brett, we'll never recognize you in public without a stick in your mouth.
    Thanks Rocket, and hahaha yeah but I tend to prefer having a cigar in my mouth than not so that's not a bad thing hehe

Brett
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I heard last night is that a "stick" doesn't always have to be a cigar...

:trollface::wink:
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic cigar from Royln. Thanks Bro
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Big Shizza.. What is it??
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BLTC Ginger
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    My first Illusione 68 Maduro. Quite enjoyable!
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭✭
    Another nice stick from @WaltBasil starting to really appreciate some of the Torano sticks as pretty darn good value! This one is fairly mild after some that I have been smoking recently, but it's very tasty and the aroma is great, which is huge for me. Don't reorder many stinky sticks, even if they taste ok. Not sure I would have tried this myself, so thanks again Walt. I'll be picking up a box of these 
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoying a Rocky Patel Decade from @peter4jc, thanks Peter, I hope you feel better soon.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you liked it brother
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ramon Bueso Odyssey Toro from @Bob_Luken with a Founders Dirty ****. Thanks, Mike.image
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    @dennisking, 6 year old OR Padilla Miami, this is a truly phenomenal smoke thank you so much my friend, very special :)

Brett
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Glock1975    thanks, buddy! image
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    @JHewey, thanks bro great smoke ;)

Brett
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great smoke from the @Bigshizza
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    Tatuaje taa2015 thanks @Pacman84

I told ya I'd save it for vacation Paco!
    What did you think?
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pacman84 said:
    Nolagizmo said:

What did you think?
    Smoked it to the nub and ordered a box of this year's version. It was amazing!
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I need to get caught up in this thread!! 
    I have smoked some excellent cigar .want to give out some THANKS!!!
    First this band is from a stick from @Bigshizza .awesome smoke indeed!
    Wasgifted this one from @WaterNerd in the birthday smackdown i got.Smooth smoke all the way through would highly recommend and will seek out more!! 
    And unfortunately i failed to note where i got this one from and apologize to whomever sent this delicous smoke my way !! Paired excellently with my favorite port .

Thank you all!!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    @Bigshizza thanks bro!
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rsherman24 Thank you, sir!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    Pacman84 said:
    Nolagizmo said:

What did you think?
    Smoked it to the nub and ordered a box of this year's version. It was amazing!
    Glad you enjoyed them as much as I do. I'm looking into getting the '16 as well.