Home General Discussion
Options

Show off your Humi set-up

Comments

• Options
    nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    my wine-o-dor. It's a 28 bottle. I keep it humified with 2 lbs of beads and some boveda packs.

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nickiam:
    my wine-o-dor. It's a 28 bottle. I keep it humified with 2 lbs of beads and some boveda packs.

dammmnnn nick. NICE!!!!
    That's lookin pretty full - you're going to need another wine-o-dor soon at the rate you're going. LOL

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    danielzreyes:
    Nice! Love the combination lock lol.
    Thanks, i was moving into an apartment with people i didnt know for my internship and i didnt want to take a chance of loosing any.
    Very cool Taylor! Love the lights! You could totally sell those things!!! Shoot, I'd buy one!
  • Options
    Big TexBig Tex Posts: 142
    nickiam:

Damn that's nice Nick. Any close up shots?
  • Options
    Big Tex:
    nickiam:

I'll snap a couple better pics once i get off work today.
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Very nice set up Nick. I also use a wineador, I love it. There really is no better way to house cigars. Here are a few pics, as you guys can see, my wife gives me one corner of a room for my hobbies lol.

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smokindaddy:
    Very nice set up Nick. I also use a wineador, I love it. There really is no better way to house cigars. Here are a few pics, as you guys can see, my wife gives me one corner of a room for my hobbies lol.

That is nice... Would you recommend a setup like that even over some of the "tower" humidors that are out there? (Im not sure if those have temp control, but I think some do)

I'm really considering going this route, but am not sure what to look for... not to mention it looks expensive.

but very cool set up, looks great
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    haha I see the liberty that I gave you for your bday in there. that's cool. smoke the darn thing already will ya
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Cuban rounds FTW!!!
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    Smokindaddy:
    That is nice... Would you recommend a setup like that even over some of the "tower" humidors that are out there? (Im not sure if those have temp control, but I think some do)

I'm really considering going this route, but am not sure what to look for... not to mention it looks expensive.

but very cool set up, looks great
    I would absolutely recommend this set up. All together I can get between 600 - 900 sticks in there. With a tower your going to be able to house more, but your right about the temp control. Towers do not offer it. There are a few different ways to go with a wineador, compressor or thermoelectric. A compressor unit is going to take some work to get it to function right, a thermoelectric unit is can be used right out of the box (after cleaning and getting rid of the plastic smell) and requires very little work to make it function right. I have a compressor unit and it did cost a pretty penny but I couldn't be happier. Jiunn has a thermoelectric unit and he as just as happy. Compressor units will last longer, cheap thermoelectrics seem to die after a few years, unless you get the one Jiunn bought. When and if you decide to get a wineador, PM mean and Ill give you more details.
  • Options
    jliu:
    haha I see the liberty that I gave you for your bday in there. that's cool. smoke the darn thing already will ya
    My step brother is getting married next weekend, Im saving it for then. So stop yelling at me!!! LOL
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Cuban rounds FTW!!!
    I know you have been gone from Visalia for awhile now, but, thats your box of cuban rounds! hahahaha
  • Options
    Smokindaddy:
    catfishbluezz:
    Cuban rounds FTW!!!
    I know you have been gone from Visalia for awhile now, but, thats your box of cuban rounds! hahahaha
    Oh I know...workin on getting a wineador so I can come get them and their friends bro, much appreciated
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Smokindaddy:
    catfishbluezz:
    Cuban rounds FTW!!!
    Oh I know...workin on getting a wineador so I can come get them and their friends bro, much appreciated
    It's not a problem at all
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice set up!! My wineador crapped out on me finally so I'm building a temp controlled humi my damn self!! Just ordered all the electronics today
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Nice set up!! My wineador crapped out on me finally so I'm building a temp controlled humi my damn self!! Just ordered all the electronics today
    Very cool Lee, let me know how it comes out. Im all kinds of curious
  • Options
    Big Tex:
    nickiam:

Here's a better pic bro

• Options
    Big TexBig Tex Posts: 142
    nickiam:

Here's a better pic bro

Nice. I'm wanting to put one of these together someday. Looks like there's a lot of good stuff in there.
  • Options
    insomnniapbinsomnniapb Posts: 590
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Sounds interesting! What are you going to use to control the temp? Also are you going to print a board and make it adjustable or what? I might try to embark on my own little mission if it saves me some $$$ I still want a wineador, but for the price I'm going to have to pay for the cooler not to crap out ofter a year I'm looking at other options.
  • Options
    We've known each other, for so long. Your heart is aching, but you;re to shy to say it...my humi image
  • Options
    OMG......
  • Options
    Rickroll:
    We've known each other, for so long. Your heart is aching, but you;re to shy to say it...my humi image
    I swear I've seen a pic of this walk in on the forums before, ONLY it was POSTED by A guy WHO has TURNED OUT to BE a real D-BAG. Just saying.
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Smokindaddy:
    Rickroll:
    I swear I've seen a pic of this walk in on the forums before, ONLY it was POSTED by A guy WHO has TURNED OUT to BE a real D-BAG. Just saying.
    LmFAO and no Im not talking about the DJs.... freaking hilarious
  • Options
    Smokindaddy:
    Rickroll:
    Hahaha yeah I've seen this before!! Wonder who it is but it's deff a old member!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Smokindaddy:
    Rickroll:
    Hahaha yeah I've seen this before!! Wonder who it is but it's deff a old member!!
    I see someone already took a picture of my walk-in humi, I had one just like that lol
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    All these make me sad for my 300 ct :(
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nickiam:
    Here's a better pic bro

I like your organizational skills. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    insomnniapb:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Sounds interesting! What are you going to use to control the temp? Also are you going to print a board and make it adjustable or what? I might try to embark on my own little mission if it saves me some $$$ I still want a wineador, but for the price I'm going to have to pay for the cooler not to crap out ofter a year I'm looking at other options.
    I will be using a few peltier coolers and fans for cooling circulation and a aquarium temp control unit as the main control. My biggest issue so far is how big to make the thing lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Bumpola
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife did this for me. Not shown are all my tupperdors and ziplocks. She wouldn't allow it lol. Ignore the leafy sh*t up top. She's all in Fall mode right now. I think I'll add an aging humi up top to replace the leafy sh*t. Time to do some research.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR