Home General Discussion
Options

Show off your Humi set-up

Comments

• Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    So I finally got my new (used) cabinet humi set up. I emptied one of my coolers and put them inside the empty boxes as rh has been around 65 for a week. I have 8 or so lbs of beads and gotta get a fan. imagephoto IMAG1721.jpg
    Only down fall is this thing is huge and heavy....terrible to move. imagephoto IMAG1720.jpg
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaltBasil:
    Current stock...

Top Shelf

3 Middle shelves

Bottom shelf

Had to modify the air circulation from initial setup. Originally had the humidifier on the far left, with two 12v fans part way up. They ended up not being enough to move the air around. I picked up a mini tower fan from Lowes and have it laying on its side pointing up directly behind the humidifier. Also, moved the humidifier over to the right side. Now it uses less cigar juice and maintains a more constant humidity level. The humidifier is actually set to 79% I've got 3 hygrometers to monitor: 1st shelf up on the right side (at 65%), middle height on the left side (66%) and top right (65%).

I have had it set up higher at about 69-70% but I found I prefer 65%.
    Walt, awesome setup! Quick question. What's the cigar that's in the middle shelves pic on the top shelf by the casa magna?
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Darktower007:
    So I finally got my new (used) cabinet humi set up. I emptied one of my coolers and put them inside the empty boxes as rh has been around 65 for a week. I have 8 or so lbs of beads and gotta get a fan. imagephoto IMAG1721.jpg
    Only down fall is this thing is huge and heavy....terrible to move. imagephoto IMAG1720.jpg
    nice! I suggest the small tower fan from Lowes. If you have the space, and don't mind seeing it. About $20. Also, the small 4-6 inch fans on a leg stand from kmart or Walmart.
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    bert873:
    WaltBasil:
    Current stock...

Top Shelf

3 Middle shelves

Bottom shelf

Had to modify the air circulation from initial setup. Originally had the humidifier on the far left, with two 12v fans part way up. They ended up not being enough to move the air around. I picked up a mini tower fan from Lowes and have it laying on its side pointing up directly behind the humidifier. Also, moved the humidifier over to the right side. Now it uses less cigar juice and maintains a more constant humidity level. The humidifier is actually set to 79% I've got 3 hygrometers to monitor: 1st shelf up on the right side (at 65%), middle height on the left side (66%) and top right (65%).

Walt, awesome setup! Quick question. What's the cigar that's in the middle shelves pic on the top shelf by the casa magna?
    thats the Fallen Angel. A very good smoke if you like AJF.
  • Options
    WaltBasil:
    Darktower007:
    nice! I suggest the small tower fan from Lowes. If you have the space, and don't mind seeing it. About $20. Also, the small 4-6 inch fans on a leg stand from kmart or Walmart.
    I'm hoping I can get some lights like yours Walt and space I have since most of my cigars are still in desktop humidors I can't let go. I was gonna buy an oasis magna or something like that but if beads work I'll save the money! Awesome cabinet btw!
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darktower007:
    Nice
  • Options
    WaltBasil:
    bert873:
    WaltBasil:
    Current stock...

Top Shelf

3 Middle shelves

Bottom shelf

thats the Fallen Angel. A very good smoke if you like AJF.
    Thank you. I have heard good things about that one, I'll have to give it a try sometime
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darktower007:
    Very nice. I'm curious about the round holes in the back of the cabinet. I'm guessing there's a bit of a hollow space behind that back panel. And would that hollow space act as duct work to circulate the air from the bottom of the cabinet through those holes?
  • Options
    Bob Luken:
    Darktower007:
    Very nice. I'm curious about the round holes in the back of the cabinet. I'm guessing there's a bit of a hollow space behind that back panel. And would that hollow space act as duct work to circulate the air from the bottom of the cabinet through those holes?
    Yes. The bottom of the humi on the right side is ment to place a humi device. Inside a fan that pulls air up and through the humi evenly. The fan is old and loud..so I'm gonna try to replace it with a pc fan with high cfm, and a timer.I'll have to experiment. The beads work fine for now but they take up a lot of room one day I can replace with cigars.:)
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darktower007:
    Bob Luken:
    Darktower007:
    Yes. The bottom of the humi on the right side is ment to place a humi device. Inside a fan that pulls air up and through the humi evenly. The fan is old and loud..so I'm gonna try to replace it with a pc fan with high cfm, and a timer.I'll have to experiment. The beads work fine for now but they take up a lot of room one day I can replace with cigars.:)
    Sounds like all you would need to do is get the fan working like you need it to and then you can keep the same amount of KL down in the bottom cabinet and everything ought to be right. Keep us posted.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Using this as a smoking humi.image
  • Options
    Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    Oh MY God what is it a gun volt ?
  • Options
    9205590106531503071136 my first humi
  • Options
    image image image
  • Options
  • Options
    that is smooth wow very very nice
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:

I DO!!!

• Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    Looks like someone has extra room in their humi... Hmmm.....

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    Need to build some trays but here is the new coolidor
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just about done. Need a relay to tie the lights on the door into the button on the door. photo 66018DA0-7639-46E9-A74F-047A70BE0C5A_zpsggxnvplg.jpg photo 1393FC8F-8312-4A9C-8D8B-DCF7A78E5DE1_zpsh9jtzluq.jpg

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    matkn293:
    Just about done. Need a relay to tie the lights on the door into the button on the door. photo 66018DA0-7639-46E9-A74F-047A70BE0C5A_zpsggxnvplg.jpg photo 1393FC8F-8312-4A9C-8D8B-DCF7A78E5DE1_zpsh9jtzluq.jpg

That is great! How did you make your trays/handles?
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice clean set up.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ben, I ordered the drawers from Forest at winedors.com. Takes a while to get done. Don't know if I would go through them or not to get done again. Part of it was my fault changing the order in the middle and a few things got messed up. The drawers came in and I finished them. Have been letting them sir for about 4 weeks to let fully Cure and get the smell out. I worked with a local company I do work with to have the handles made. They cut them out with a waterjet.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    matkn293:
    Ben, I ordered the drawers from Forest at winedors.com. Takes a while to get done. Don't know if I would go through them or not to get done again. Part of it was my fault changing the order in the middle and a few things got messed up. The drawers came in and I finished them. Have been letting them sir for about 4 weeks to let fully Cure and get the smell out. I worked with a local company I do work with to have the handles made. They cut them out with a waterjet.

They look great!!
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    After seeing some of these set ups I think I need to up my game!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    benhanks:
    matkn293:

That is great! How did you make your trays/handles?
    very nice setup smooth
  • Options
    matkn293:
    That's awesome! Very nice setup.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Rain:
    Bump for newbs. Love those premipremiprems
    ;-) ..... zodians, never forget

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    OG premipremiprems