Options

Kuzi's cigar catalog

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i think this is why people think im old. im not old
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Guys, I hate to be the doofus that doesn't get the joke, but is that from something?
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Monty Python, doofus.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Guys, I hate to be the doofus that doesn't get the joke, but is that from something?
    Don't feel bad joe, I didn't see that episode either..
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Shoulda known. I'm not well versed in Monty Python, a bit before my time and I've seen only a few skits here and there. Very funny though.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Outside of the movies, I haven't seen much Monty Python either. No reason to feel bad at all Joe.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Monty Python, doofus.
    thanks for the link. I also saw a video of the same sketch done LIVE. i think its off of the "live at the hollywood bowl" show that they did.
  • Options
    Very likely, kuz. I used to have the cassette (remember those?) of that show. As I recall, my personal favorite on it was "The Sound of John Denver Being Strangled."
  • Options
    i also liked the albitros (sp?) bit.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    ... cassette (remember those?)...
    Uhhh No. God you're old.
  • Options
    i have Led Zeppelin's "fool in the rain" on

* 45 *
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    kuzi16:

* 45 *
    I've got some 45's.. I've also got a 100-record (LP's) collection of the greatest recordings of the big band era.
  • Options
    kuzi16:

* 45 *
    LOL, yet another reason ppl think you're old!
  • Options
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:

* 45 *
    LOL, yet another reason ppl think you're old!
    What was not mentioned was the 8-Track player he just bought from Fred Flintstone at a garage sale. ( now anyone who knows that one is old ) oops that would be me...
  • Options
    i have an 8 track player... no tapes though.
    ... damn thing still works last time i checked
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    i have an 8 track player... no tapes though.
    ... damn thing still works last time i checked
    I was on e-bay and found tons of 8=tracks for sale at about a buck each.. I needed them for a video I was making as a Birthday joke for a friend on his 40th birthday..
  • Options
    nice. i should see if i can get some 8 tracks. that would be sweet.
  • Options
    im gunna smoke a cigar tomorrow. Im gunna put it in my catalog. i cant put it online until i finish my contest.

yall gunna haveta wait.
  • Options
    7-21-08 been in humi since 12-21-07

Gurkha Legend Perfecto (6x60)
    Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro
    Binder: Cameroon
    Filler: Dominican.

The cigar is fairly light brown in color given that it is a maduro. There is one dominant vein running through the cigar. The foot seems to have a tiny bit of the end cap coming off. I don’t see this becoming a problem but I cant say that it looks perfect or is constructed perfectly. This perfecto tapers a bit slower towards the heard of the cigar.

The unlit smell is a fairly classic tobacco smell, but on the barnyard side. The lick before the cut has almost no flavor at all. It’s a tad fuzzy on the tongue. Cut with a double guillotine cutter. The draw is nearly perfect but a bit on the tight side.

Due to the small foot the light goes quickly and the first draws are slightly spicy slightly leathery, and slightly sweet. This is how it goes: while drawing on the cigar sweetness is first noticed, then a spice starts on top of that. The spice holds on as the puff is let out of the mouth and the leather note becomes clear then fades. The spice continues on to be the finish. Mind you that the spice is light. As the burn approaches the thicker ring gauge, a vegetal taste comes out. It reminds me of spinach. This is late in the taste but I wouldn’t call it the aftertaste. The taste is rich and thick and good with defined flavors, but somehow is not very complex.

The first ash fell at about an inch. This is the point where the cigar takes off. the flavor is building. The body is on the full side of medium at strongest. The flavor is a more intense verson of the above mentioned but the vegetal/spinach flavor is now more prominent. The spice has cut back but it is still noticeable. I would describe the flavors as round. It is extremely relaxing even though a corrective light is needed.

Just before the half way point a good “rich earth” flavor shows up and the spice has turned into a white pepper. The vegetal/spinach taste is now a bit sweeter and is more of the generic “vegetal” than the spinach. This is the first time in a non puro that I have been able to taste each countries tobacco. I find this to be nothing short of amazing.

The final inch or so brings much of the same leather spice and vegetal that the beginning of the cigar had.

The cigar snuck up on me. I stated earlier that this is on the full side of medium at best. I am now feeling it in the pit of my stomach a bit. I think I would now call this a full body cigar. I’ve had stronger but its still up there.

Burn to the burn
    Time: about 1h 35min

Burn: 8 (only three corrective lights, not to shabby for a perfecto)
    Draw: 9
    Taste: 10
    Aftertaste: 9
    Construction: 8
    Appearance: 8.5
    Feel: 10

Overall: 8.9
    5 smoke rings -- an exceptionally good cigar

Recommended to:
    Full bodied cigar lovers
    Those who like round, leathery, earthy cigars.
    Those who like simple yet pronounced flavors
    Those that can afford it.

• Options
    Kuzi, once again thanks for the time and effort in this review.. I have two of these beauties that have been resting for about five months, and they should be ready to move to the top of my humidor soon. With five rings and a ten for taste it sounds like a winner .
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Well, that's exciting.. I've got two of these headed to my doorstep tomorrow. You've gotten me really pumped up about them. I'm thinking about smoking one and using the other to make a splash entering the trading arena on here. I'm stocking up some of my faves to launch a nice bomb :)
  • Options
    Hmmm interesting, not what I got out of it at all. Now I want another to make sure my taster wasn't defective that night. Great review bro, as always.

Spinach eh? Not spinach from the top of the plant, grown on a farm in Iowa, during a particularly rainy season?
  • Options
    dutyje:
    Well, that's exciting.. I've got two of these headed to my doorstep tomorrow. You've gotten me really pumped up about them. I'm thinking about smoking one and using the other to make a splash entering the trading arena on here. I'm stocking up some of my faves to launch a nice bomb :)
    This is a bomb free board! I don't want to have to live in my bomb shelter! If you guys start throwing bombs around between you and the other board I frequent I'll live in constant fear!
  • Options
    Maddy, ive already given you a bomb threat.

be afraid, be very afraid.
  • Options
    Crap, let me check with my boss and see if its ok to work from my bunker.
  • Options
    im thinking of smoking the gran habano tomorrow... iduno though, too many cigars to decide from. Maybe the brazilian label i got in my MAW. why dont you all leave me thoughts on this while im at work ALL FREAKIN DAY
  • Options
    I think you should smoke that Winston Churchill I sent you way back when. I know thats been at least 6 weeks.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    ok, question...what is a bomb?
  • Options
    A bomb is when one member sends another member some cigars -- just 'cause. IOW, it's not a trade or part of a game.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    im thinking of smoking the gran habano tomorrow... iduno though, too many cigars to decide from. Maybe the brazilian label i got in my MAW. why dont you all leave me thoughts on this while im at work ALL FREAKIN DAY
    Gran Habano 3 Singlos !! One of my new favorites.. Just ordered 3 more to fill an order.. well actually start an order. That was the first one I thought of when placing the order.