Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Kuzi's cigar catalog

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Go check out RP's site. A few of his cigars have secretive blends or binders.
  • Options
    BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    can you send me a private message with that link please because im unaware of it. these cigars are pretty expensice huh?
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Well, they did put scare quotes around "Colorado." Like it's not really a Colorado wrapper; they're just calling it that.
  • Options
    BigDan.BigDan. Posts: 211
    so what else would it be and why would they need to fake the wrapper isnt the actual one they use just fine and im sure enough people will buy it either way unless they could sell it for more if it was a colorado wrapper
  • Options
    I'll post it on here he doesn't sell anythign and isn't a competitor of ccom.

www.Rockypatel.com

Check out the decade, ITC 10th and the Edge
  • Options
    BigDan.:
    so what else would it be and why would they need to fake the wrapper isnt the actual one they use just fine and im sure enough people will buy it either way unless they could sell it for more if it was a colorado wrapper
    Maybe they're really a front organization for the CIA, and "Colorado" is some sort of code word. (I'm just trying to keep the mystery alive for ya, since you seemed so disappointed.)
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    madurofan:
    I'll post it on here he doesn't sell anythign and isn't a competitor of ccom.

www.Rockypatel.com

Check out the decade, ITC 10th and the Edge
    clickulated that for ya
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    I've heard about three different variations of what this wrapper/binder is. I've heard Nic, Honduran, and Costa Rican. So who knows and Nording and RP seem to be keeping their mouths shut about exactly what it is. .
    i got mine off of the rocky patel site.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Well, they did put scare quotes around "Colorado." Like it's not really a Colorado wrapper; they're just calling it that.
    "Colarado " actually refers to the color of the leaf. its the reddish color that rocks are in Colorado.... this is what ive been told. I have not seen that in writing so dont quote me on that.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    "Colarado " actually refers to the color of the leaf. its the reddish color that rocks are in Colorado.... this is what ive been told. I have not seen that in writing so dont quote me on that.
    I've heard this as well but not seen it written anywhere reputable.
  • Options
    9-19-08 been in humi since 11-19-07

Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Robusto (5 x 50)
    Wrapper: Cameroon
    Binder: Dominican
    Filler: Dominican

The cigar is very basic looking. It’s a medium brown in color. The band is the standard Fuente band but with black edging. It’s a very “classic” look. It smells of straw. The lick on the cap is sweet. Cut with a punch. The draw tastes a bit like clove and is ever so slightly on the tight side.

The cigar opens with a cream taste and a bit of earth/leather. This quickly develops (within a few puffs) to a rich vegetable and black pepper taste. The aftertaste is short and a bit sweet. At this point the finish is the best part of the cigar.

The first ash falls at about an inch and a half. The flavor is a delicate sweet, a cream with hints of spice and it has a short vegetable sweetness on the finish. The round rich flavor is mildly complex. In short: delicious.

With about one and a half inches left the smoke is still cool and the burn is still perfect. The flavor profile is still the same. It is one of the few cigars that I have had that is simultaneously full in body and flavor, but still can be described as “delicate”

This may be my new favorite Cameroon. It feels like a mid day smoke. For some reason this doesn’t seem like it would feel right at night.

Burn to the burn
    Burn time: 1h 35m

Burn: 10
    Draw: 9
    Taste: 9
    Aftertaste: 10
    Construction: 9
    Appearance: 8
    Feel: 10

Overall: 9.3
    4 smoke rings -- an above average cigar

Recommended to:
    Those who like Cameroon wrappers
    Those who like full bodied cigars that have more than just spice going on
    Those who smoke cigars in the afternoon
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    This may be my new favorite Cameroon.
    Powerful statement right there.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    This is what I heard too except that it isn't a reference to the state in any way. Colorado is spanish for red color. The state got its name for the color of the rocks, the same way the tobacco got the name for the color of the leaf.
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    This is what I heard too except that it isn't a reference to the state in any way. Colorado is spanish for red color. The state got its name for the color of the rocks, the same way the tobacco got the name for the color of the leaf.
    It's been more than 15 yrs since I studied Spanish, but wouldn't that be color rojo to make Colorojo?
  • Options
    kuzi:
    This may be my new favorite Cameroon. It feels like a mid day smoke. For some reason this doesn’t seem like it would feel right at night.
    They feel pretty right to me at night. (Wait. Did that come out quite the way I intended?) But then, I'm smoking the coronas. I do have a couple of robustos I picked up at the B&M, though. I'll have to give them a try soon.

BTW, the part about this cigar being full-flavored and yet somehow delicate? Yes, that. Well said.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    rdnstn:
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    To be exact, Colorado mean "colored" and is a reference to the color of the rocks.

Sounds good kuzi, excellent review as always. I've only had one Don Carlos to date, but it was quite good. Certainly a cigar to come back to for me.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    It's been more than 15 yrs since I studied Spanish, but wouldn't that be color rojo to make Colorojo?
    Actually it does mean colored red, it can also mean just colored depending on the context. Type it into a Spanish-English Translator and you will see.

http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/colorado

Not to mention I am a Colorado native and they teach you the meaning of the state's name from the 1st grade. The state got its name frome the red colored rocks but this has nothing to do with colorado as it refers to a cigar except that it also means red colored. BTW, I have 6 years of formal training in Spanish and my wife is hispanic. Trust me on this one guys. I know what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    Well, there you have it... I was just going off my memory. Pretty sure we didn't learn this one in school. But I know i learned "color" and "rojo"

So what does "Connecticut" mean in Spanish? :)
  • Options
    dutyje:
    Liberal @ssh0les
  • Options
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    Liberal @ssh0les
    LMAO, spoken like a true southern conservative
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    Liberal @ssh0les
    LMAO, spoken like a true southern conservative
    liberals arent a-holes. they just think differently than i do.
    .... dont agree with them, but that doesnt make you an a-hole.

im tryin very hard not to be a hater.
  • Options
    I feel the same way about conservatives, kuzi... honestly, I think the major difference between the two parties is less about ideals than about priorities. For some reason, the parties feel the need to take a unified stand on all issues, even those strictly about ideals (such as abortion). I think you'll find that the more an issue is centered on ideals rather than priorities, you will see more crossing of party lines -- at least in the real world.

To explain that last sentence, I think you'll find more "pro-life" democrats and more "pro-choice republicans" than you will find "reduce taxes" democrats and "raise taxes" republicans.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    dutyje:
    I feel the same way about conservatives, kuzi... honestly, I think the major difference between the two parties is less about ideals than about priorities. For some reason, the parties feel the need to take a unified stand on all issues, even those strictly about ideals (such as abortion). I think you'll find that the more an issue is centered on ideals rather than priorities, you will see more crossing of party lines -- at least in the real world.

To explain that last sentence, I think you'll find more "pro-life" democrats and more "pro-choice republicans" than you will find "reduce taxes" democrats and "raise taxes" republicans.

Very well said...I'm a conservative, but I hardly subscribe to every tenet of the Republican party. And I'm particularly distressed the Christian right was allowed to hijack the party. And that GWB allowed the federal gov to grow to historical proportions...I could go on. I think we'd all be a little better off right now with a little less government in our lives.
  • Options
    Luko:
    dutyje:

Very well said...I'm a conservative, but I hardly subscribe to every tenet of the Republican party. And I'm particularly distressed the Christian right was allowed to hijack the party. And that GWB allowed the federal gov to grow to historical proportions...I could go on. I think we'd all be a little better off right now with a little less government in our lives.
    ive officially changed my party to the libritarian Party actually. Im no happy with either major candidate and there is no chance for bob barr here in ohio.

Duty... its not so much about priorities in my mind even. but you are right, they both, in the long run, want the same thing: a country where people can live and prosper. Both parties want peace. they want less crime. they want what everyone wants. I mean lets face it, though they dont always resemble it, politicians are people too.
    to me the difference between the parties isnt the final outcome, its how they get there.

Luko,
    there was a mayor for new yourk (i think) that said "if you agree with 80% of what i say, vote for me. If you agree with 100% of what i say then go check yourself into the insane asylum" ...or something like that. the point was that everyone thinks differently. If you agree 100% than you are crazy for beeing an unthinking flock of sheep.
  • Options
    I hope everyone knows I was just kidding about Conneticut. Just seemed like the right smart-assed thing to say at the time.

As most of you have probably noticed I'm not big on arguing politics especially on the internet. People believe what they believe and arguing with them about politics only expresses your point of view and will almost never change their political stance. I'm a registered Independent, I almost always vote liberatarian if one is on the ballot but have been known to vote Republican especially on the local levels. I have never and likely will never vote Democrat though bc I disagree fundamentally with every piece of their economic platforms. As someone with an accountant for a wife, a family full of entrepreneurs and an economist for a step-father I could never agree with their economic ideas.

Anyways IMO the major difference between the GOP and Dems is the Reps want to control your morality and the Dems want to control your wallet. I don't believe its the governments responsibility to do either. I lean more Republican however bc I believe the constition protects me more from both parties attempts to contol my morality more than it does their attempts to control my money, its as simple as that.

However with this election I'm actually leaning more towards McCain, not that I particularly like him but the thought of a democraticaly controlled Congress and White house terrifies me. Two reasons

First, again I fundamentally disagree with Obama's economic plans. I'm close enough to what he calls the wealthiest 5%($250k per year)(Yet I'm hardly wealthy, funny how his plan doesn't take into consideration that $250k a year in some places is just middle class and in others is barely getting by) that I'll likely be affected by this sometime in the future. I also don't understand how everyone is missing the fact that although, yes, he plans on lowering the income tax on the poor(most of which pay little to none now) he's planning on raising all kinds of consumer taxes which are paid for by everyone INCLUDING THE POOR! So instead of paying a few hundred a year in Income taxes they could be paying even more in taxes on utilities and consumer goods. As well as a big chunk of his plan involves taxing large corporations more. Are people really ignorant enough to think this works? Businesses do not absorb taxes, they either raise the cost of the good they are selling, passing it down to us the consumers OR they move to a more tax friendly place. Raising taxes on large corporations negatively affects the economy and causes inflation always has, always will.
    Second, all of this will be fast tracked, there will be no checks in the system. I would be saying the same thing if this was a Republican controlled Congress. The difference here is that the if it was Republican controlled we'd still have the Supreme Court to remind them of things like Rowe v. Wade.

There are plenty of other things I could go into but I'll leave it at that for now.
  • Options
    its interesting how all of our overly simplified views on the party differences are all kinda right in their own way. of course they are all also wrong because they fail to cover all bases. juts a thought.

iduno. imma gunna try to gets me a review in today to get this thread back on track. I have a busy day today though. I have an electrician comming in to get an estamate on fixing and installing a bunch of things. i have to go to the store and get some food for a dinner party (i think im going with walnut and fig glazed sea bass but im not sure yet) and im also cleaning the house. ill see what i can do. NO PROMISES
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    its interesting how all of our overly simplified views on the party differences are all kinda right in their own way. of course they are all also wrong because they fail to cover all bases. juts a thought.
    I think it goes back to what I said before everyone has their own ideals and you aren't likely to affect them. I also believe everyone goes by their own list of priorites which is why none of them cover everythign but usually just what is the higher priorites of the individual.
    kuzi16:
    walnut and fig glazed sea bass
    Holy crap that sounds good. Can I get that recipe?
  • Options
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    walnut and fig glazed sea bass
    Holy crap that sounds good. Can I get that recipe?
    i have to finish making that up first.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I think the best part about this country is that you can
    Call a liberal an @$$hole
    Call a conservative a ****
    Without getting censored or blown away
    So if your in the middle does that make you a **** naval?
  • Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    I think the best part about this country is that you can
    Call a liberal an @$$hole
    Call a conservative a ****
    Without getting censored or blown away
    So if your in the middle does that make you a **** naval?
    That is awesome! Couldn't agree more.