Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

New Year's Great Deal Pass ~ COMPLETE!!!

Comments

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Harpoon, think you'll post the complete takes / puts list when the pass comes home?

I couldn't take it any longer...I started posting the Takes from each person in the thread's first post. Some great cigars!
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I picked up some King Edwards especially for this pass.
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    I picked up some King Edwards especially for this pass.
    My mouth is watering already because I know those will make it all the way back to me!!!
  • Options
    Jayo:
    Oh... It is coming. Something really big
    I think it should be there now...
  • Options
    GrazuhGrazuh Posts: 164
    Should have arrived Saturday according to the tracking number.
  • Options
    JayoJayo Posts: 76
    Grazuh:
    I just received the box. What a crazy looking collection. I just want to keep them all haha. well it will be sent out asap to next and the last participant.
  • Options
    Jayo:
    Grazuh:
    I just received the box. What a crazy looking collection. I just want to keep them all haha. well it will be sent out asap to next and the last participant.
    Wooohooo that's me.
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    Jayo:
    Grazuh:
    Wooohooo that's me.
    Those King Edwards are almost here...!!!
  • Options
    GrazuhGrazuh Posts: 164
    Lucky!!
  • Options
    Jayo:
    Grazuh:
    Don't forget to let us know your takes, please.
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    Jayo:
    Grazuh:
    It is heading to Direwolf now. 9405503699300411966729 I took My Father, Punisher, Padilla Dominus, and Undercrown. Have no idea, what they are, and how good they are, but they looked delicious and saw bunch of comment about them on the forums. Haha. Did I get right choice?
  • Options
    Jayo:
    bigharpoon:
    Jayo:
    Grazuh:
    It is heading to Direwolf now. 9405503699300411966729 I took My Father, Punisher, Padilla Dominus, and Undercrown. Have no idea, what they are, and how good they are, but they looked delicious and saw bunch of comment about them on the forums. Haha. Did I get right choice?
    The Undercrown and My Father are excellent, two of my favorites (along with most people on the forum). The Pvnisher I haven't had but I've read that it's quite the lip burner and the Dominus is very popular too so I think you picked some great cigars! Thanks for participating in the pass.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Well, the fact that the takes are still looking top notch speaks to the quality of the puts guys have been sending on down the line. Nicely done gentlemen, nicely done!

• Options
    bigharpoon:
    Jayo:
    bigharpoon:
    Jayo:
    Grazuh:
    The Undercrown and My Father are excellent, two of my favorites (along with most people on the forum). The Pvnisher I haven't had but I've read that it's quite the lip burner and the Dominus is very popular too so I think you picked some great cigars! Thanks for participating in the pass.
    Undercrown was the one my local b&m recommend me and rest of the picks just for cool looking bands. You know nice cedar wrap for my father, chic and minimalism knd of look of pvnisher, and siver lion on dominus. Haha This is how I choose cigar to buy.
  • Options
    Jayo:
    bigharpoon:
    Jayo:
    bigharpoon:
    Jayo:
    Grazuh:
    Undercrown was the one my local b&m recommend me and rest of the picks just for cool looking bands. You know nice cedar wrap for my father, chic and minimalism knd of look of pvnisher, and siver lion on dominus. Haha This is how I choose cigar to buy.
    Seems to be working pretty well for you so far brother! :-D

• Options
    The Sniper:
    Jayo:
    bigharpoon:
    Jayo:
    bigharpoon:
    Jayo:
    Grazuh:

Hilarious! That's how my wife used to buy cigars for me! Now we have a nice, local B&M and the owner gives her great advice but, before that...thank God the bands on La Aroma de Cuba are cool...
  • Options
    Jayo:
    It is heading to Direwolf now. 9405503699300411966729
    I don't get any recognition or status from this tracking number???
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    Jayo:
    It is heading to Direwolf now. 9405503699300411966729
    I don't get any recognition or status from this tracking number???
    9405 5036 9930 0411 9467 29 Oh sorry about that. This is the one. I just checked on USPS and it is in BETHPAGE, NY at this moment.
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    The Sniper:
    Jayo:
    bigharpoon:
    Jayo:
    bigharpoon:
    Jayo:
    Grazuh:

Hilarious! That's how my wife used to buy cigars for me! Now we have a nice, local B&M and the owner gives her great advice but, before that...thank God the bands on La Aroma de Cuba are cool...
    That is how I buy my wine, too. haha Well-made band/label seems to be well made cigar/wine, which means producers think about how to represent their product by looking.
  • Options
    The pass is sitting on my desk. What a great selection of sticks. Will have this shipped express to Harpoon in the AM. well done guys!
  • Options
    Alrighty.. I took out a Camacho PE and have put in..... I'm not telling you. Will be heading Harpoon's way tomorrow.. Get ready doood your baby is coming home.
  • Options
    Soooooooo excited to see what has ended up in the box! Camacho PE is a great stick, excellent choice.

This pass has been a ton of fun for me, thank you all for participating ~ I hope you had fun too and got a nice stick or four out of it!
  • Options
    This was a great pass, looking forwards to this years!
  • Options
    I don't see you being disappointed.
  • Options
    In the mail 0310 3490 0001 5885 7864
  • Options
    The pass has come full circle, it landed at my house today! I've been eagerly awaiting the moment of opening the box and checking the final Takes/Puts/Notes pages to catch up on all the activity the pass has undergone. Little did I expect that the first thing I would see is a note from The Sniper who started a BOMB inside my PASS!!! Good Lord Almighty, Glen put an extra bag in the pass and anyone who wanted to could add sticks anonymously that were excluded from being picked out during the pass. This is the final damage from the BOMB BAG:

New Year's Great Deal Pass 2012

Quite an impressive line-up of cigars: the un-banded one is a CroMagnon, and next to that is my first OpusX! Incredible selections!!! Seriously, I am completely wowed by this surprise attack. Thank You!!!

I've considered posting the Puts along with the Takes in the initial post but I decided against it. The last thing I want this pass to do is end on scrutiny and judgement of other's swaps. I'm very pleased with how everything came out. The generosity of everyone involved in this pass was completely stellar. Everyone did an amazing job with their takes and puts, policing themselves and making sure the pass remained top notch the whole way down the line.

This whole thing had a great vibe from beginning to end, I had a ton of fun setting it up and watching it go. Thank you all so much for participating in my pass and thank you many times over for surprise bombing me, you bastuds!!! Cheers everyone!

~bigharpoon

• Options
    It was quite of experience. Thank you for letting me in the pass. I hope you will enjoy the sticks.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    It's truly awesome to see a pass go as planned, and make it home so quickly! And you gotta watch Glenn cause he's one of the best ever at that stuff... hell, his name is THE SNIPER for a reason! lol

great job to all who participated in this pass. Great borkism!
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice to see a completed pass, thought it something like the mythical unicorn..LOL
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MVW67:
    Very nice to see a completed pass, thought it something like the mythical unicorn..LOL
    +1. Not sure what the difference was in this one, but it sure was nice to see how smoothly this one went. Aside of me holding it up way too long from jump that is! LOL It was a pleasure being involved Harpoon, thanks!

And that was NOT a bomb Harpoon! Its a bit of a pass tradition (although NOT a requirement) that a collection be taken as a way of saying thanks to the "Pass Daddy". Individual participation is again NOT a requirement, but its a nice way to show you appreciate being allowed in the fun and to recognize the gesture of good faith on the part of the Pass Daddy - lets face it, taking a box of your own sticks out to a ton of people you've never personally met, any one of which could potentially take your sticks and ride off into the sunset never to be heard from again is NOT an action just anyone is willing or able to do.

So again, thanks Harpoon! Great pass, and I appreciate being involved. :-)