Home General Discussion
Options

Battle of the countries...

Comments

• Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    ok i have been out of the loop for several days, what the hell is going on here?
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I'm working on it, Andy.. I need to compile a list of names / headcount.. then I'm going to call ccom. I don't have a voice right now, and was hoping to call this evening, but it sounds like tomorrow instead. Once I talk to them, I'll give an update. Hopefully, we'll have the order placed by EOW.
  • Options
    ok, good to go, i am actually working even though at home so i hve been a little busier than usual
  • Options
    Hey guys, quick update.. I called this morning and spoke with Brett, and he thinks it's a great idea. He says Tim is the man to hook us up with the right mix for the tasting, but he is in Nicaragua all week, and will return on Monday. He recommended getting in touch with Tim then to set it up. It sounds like an ideal would be to have a dozen or so participants, so I'll go over the list here and see what we've got.

Edit: Here are the people who have expressed interest:

Maddy
    Duty
    Cheyman
    BBC
    Urby
    Sane
    Andy
    Luko
    Kuzi
    Wheelie
    Jozer
    Brink

That puts us at 13, which isn't a bad number. We'll probably have to do a box purchase and then make up the rest with singles so everybody gets 2 of each blend. Please PM an e-mail address and your mailing address so that I can begin to get things organized.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I'm gonna have to drop out of this one Duty. My budget has been slashed because we are moving soon and are having to save as much as possible. Sorry guys.
  • Options
    No problem, Puro... should still be interesting to see the results
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    6 cigars each.... how much are we talkin here though? i mean its a cool idea but i dont want to be spending 60-70 on six cigars right now.
  • Options
    I'll have to wait until Tim gets back... I think we had said originally that it would be somewhere in the 20-50 range. Probably closer to the 30-40 range.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    dutyje:
    Please PM an e-mail address and your mailing address so that I can begin to get things organized.

Did
  • Options
    dutyje:
    I'll have to wait until Tim gets back... I think we had said originally that it would be somewhere in the 20-50 range. Probably closer to the 30-40 range.
    30-40 i can get on board with.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    PM sent duty.
  • Options
    OK, I've gotten about half of these in so far... it isn't much work, really. Just send me a PM with the info requested. If for some reason you have decided you can't play, just let us know. You aren't confirmed until I get the PM. I need this confirmation before I place the order so I don't go spending a bunch of money and then realize we don't have the people to cover. I would get no love from the WP if that happens.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    With recent developments, I have to pass on this. Sorry man. I was looking forward to actually participating in something for once.
  • Options
    You should stay in, Wheelie.. we can determine if you have Nicaraguan, Honduran, or Dominican tobacco beetles :D I can whip up a separate questionnaire for the beetles, if you want.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    You should stay in, Wheelie.. we can determine if you have Nicaraguan, Honduran, or Dominican tobacco beetles :D I can whip up a separate questionnaire for the beetles, if you want.
    You're killing me HAHA
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Is it too late to sign up for this? If not, I am in, PM sent.
  • Options
    You're not too late, Alien.. welcome aboard
  • Options
    i am out of this one...the budget got tighter since badandy jr is on the way
  • Options
    So far, the updated confirmed list is:

dutyje
    cheyman
    bbc020
    j0z3r
    urbino
    Luko
    alienmisprint
    sane
    kuzi16
    madurofan
    kaspera79
    mtndew9

Not yet confirmed:

smbrink
    PuroFreak

You're not confirmed until you've sent me your info. We could use a few more guys before we launch the order.
  • Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    dutyje:
    Not yet confirmed:

madurofan
    Maddy, whats up man? Wasn't this your idea?
  • Options
    sanesane Posts: 151
    dutyje:
    So far, the updated confirmed list is:

dutyje
    cheyman
    bbc020
    j0z3r
    urbino
    Luko
    alienmisprint

Not yet confirmed:

madurofan
    kuzi16
    sane
    smbrink
    PuroFreak

You're not confirmed until you've sent me your info. We could use a few more guys before we launch the order.
    I'm still in.
  • Options
    got yer info, sane. Thanks. I've updated the list above.
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks, Kuzi.. also need an e-mail address. I've PM'ed you mine as well.. would you mind sending out your tasting wheel? We'll use that as the basis for flavor profiles, to avoid the "dirty belt" or whatever else may come along :)
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    pmed.
  • Options
    I just spoke briefly with Tim. Although our conversation was short, he's already thrown out some very interesting ideas. He's going to talk it over with Alex and come back with some proposals. This may end up being the first of a few different taste-offs, if some of his ideas come through.

Time is running out! Get on board with this, it promises to be fun and educational. Not to spoil anything, but it may also be an opportunity to try a cigar that doesn't even exist.
  • Options
    Keep me posted on the time line. Depending on how soon it is, I may indeed be able to participate. If it is in the next week or so, I may not be able to.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    I just spoke briefly with Tim. Although our conversation was short, he's already thrown out some very interesting ideas. He's going to talk it over with Alex and come back with some proposals. This may end up being the first of a few different taste-offs, if some of his ideas come through.

Time is running out! Get on board with this, it promises to be fun and educational. Not to spoil anything, but it may also be an opportunity to try a cigar that doesn't even exist.

Nice, I can say I'm officially pumped about this.
  • Options
    dutyje:

btw, glad you have your voice back duty!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Timeline and cost is what will decide for me