Home General Discussion
Options

Battle of the countries...

Comments

• Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    dutyje:
    cool, Mr. Smith... since you're new, you'll need to drive to my house with 2 pounds of Maurice's and a bottle of the sauce to pick up your cigars ;)
    Actually, I sometimes work in Rock Hill during the week so that is not out of the question. :)
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    cool.. I live in south Charlotte (Ballantyne) so I'm not far at all from Rock Hill. You need to come check out this shop here (Outland) in Ballantyne. I really like it.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    Will do. I looked at their website; looks very nice.
  • Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    Hey Duty, whats the status on this? I've been out of the loop for a week or so now.
  • Options
    cheyman:
    Hey Duty, whats the status on this? I've been out of the loop for a week or so now.
    Still no updates.. I'll call Tim tomorrow.
  • Options
    Just talked to Tim. They're still very much in the research phase of this, and talking to manufacturers. Alex is excited about it, but it's going to take some time for them to set it up right. I think it will be worth the wait to do things well. It also gives us a bit of time to set aside budget ($40-ish last time I talked to Tim) and think about how we want things to go. In the meantime, if anybody wants to get started early, just send me some unbanded cigars and I'll smoke them and try to guess what they are :)
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    dutyje:
    Just talked to Tim. They're still very much in the research phase of this, and talking to manufacturers. Alex is excited about it, but it's going to take some time for them to set it up right. I think it will be worth the wait to do things well. It also gives us a bit of time to set aside budget ($40-ish last time I talked to Tim) and think about how we want things to go. In the meantime, if anybody wants to get started early, just send me some unbanded cigars and I'll smoke them and try to guess what they are :)
    I'll send some unbanded dutchmasters and white owls your way.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I have been out of the loop here - very busy but this looks like a fun project!

I sent you my info duty and if you would sign me in - that would be wonderful...

If anyone wants to help defray the cost of my education - I can IM you my address...
  • Options
    Hey, Tumbler.. Got your info and added you to the list. Welcome aboard. As we get the details finalized, I imagine a few more will hop on and off. I personally think this is one of the most exciting things we're doing here, and Alex and Tim have some awesome ideas.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    dutyje:
    and Alex and Tim have some awesome ideas.
    Such as?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    dutyje:
    Such as?
    Sampling the entire inventory of cigars at C.Com,,, for starters.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    dutyje:
    Such as?
    Sampling the entire inventory of cigars at C.Com,,, for starters.
    Free, naturally.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    dutyje:
    Such as?
    talking with the various manufacturers to custom-blend a puro specifically for this experiment
  • Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    dutyje:
    j0z3r:
    dutyje:
    Such as?
    talking with the various manufacturers to custom-blend a puro specifically for this experiment
    Hmmm, this is interesting. While this is not a bad idea...this is not what I originally had in mind. I would rather stick with known puros then add a new private label brand to CCom portfolio. I was imagining more of a buddy network than turning this into a CCom marketing scheme. Not that I have a problem with it, I just don't think I would want to participate if we go this route. Plus this just this now puts it out of the original timing (6 weeks) and I would think that these new cigars would need quite a bit more aging time than the first estimate. I doubt this is something that would happen by the summer, most likely new year? I have long-term commitment issues every since I got married.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    j0z3r:
    dutyje:
    Such as?
    Very cool. I like that they are going to so much trouble for this game. The guys at ccom really are the best (as if I didn't already know that).
  • Options
    Oh, sure, give them credit for investing so much in this one when you could be criticizing them for not coming up with a custom habano for my game. Don't you realize it's all about me?
  • Options
    I never thought of it...damn those guys. I'd be all over a custom habano, sounds mouth watering. My perfect one would have an oily, sun grown habano draped over a complex and strong blend of Nico and Domi tobaccos with a corojo binder....that sounds just great to me.
  • Options
    Uh, yeah, I'm down with that. Can't say I have any sense of what that would taste like, or why, but I'm down with it.
  • Options
    I don't know what it would taste like either, but I think it would be good. Though perhaps the habano wrapper and corojo binder might conflict as far as the flavor goes...not sure. I'll need several samples when ccom starts taking custom orders.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Alot of the Habanos I have been smoking are also listed as Corojo, and they do have a red hue to the wrapper, so I don't think it would conflict at all. And yes, I'd be down too. But who knows, this battle of the countries may just be the start. Maybe it could become an annual or semi-annual thing?
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I am liking this...

Battle of best fillers with each wrapper

Battle of best cigars of each country

Battle of best cigar of last decade

Battle of the best burro

everyone is a winner here... :)
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I concur...I'm even thinking of something along the lines of CCOM sending those of us in the battle to the corresponding countries to get the behind-the-scenes look??
  • Options
    Luko:
    I concur...I'm even thinking of something along the lines of CCOM sending those of us in the battle to the corresponding countries to get the behind-the-scenes look??
    Dibs on Nicaragua.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    j0z3r:
    Luko:
    Dibs on Nicaragua.

I call shotgun
  • Options
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    Luko:
    Dibs on Nicaragua.

I call shotgun
    I dunno Gene, even in Nicaragua, I'd be worried about a deer attacking if you were in the vehicle. :)
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:
    Luko:
    Dibs on Nicaragua.

I call shotgun
    I dunno Gene, even in Nicaragua, I'd be worried about a deer attacking if you were in the vehicle. :)

Yeah but I've got experience on my side now Joe....remember theres no substitute for experience ...after checking google for Nicaraguan wildlife (one must be careful what one asks for!!!) I'm pretty hyped up about gettin me one of those white faced capuchin monkeys of organ grinder fame, very intelligent (have been trained to help paraplegics(sp) ) yeah I can teach him to smoke cigars and I'm sure he's as intelligent and probably as good of company as some of the people I work with ...Did I type that out loud ...
  • Options
    hahaha
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Luko:
    Dibs on Nicaragua.
    Since Nicaragua is spoken for I guess I will call Honduras.
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    j0z3r:
    Luko:
    Dibs on Nicaragua.
    Since Nicaragua is spoken for I guess I will call Honduras.

Well I went to/vacationed in the Dominican Republic a couple of years ago and it is awsome, beautiful beaches,golf courses on the ocean , so I'm ok with takin' the Dominican Repub ...DIBS
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Duty. Thanks for taking this on! I'm kind of jealous I let you handle it now lol. I've been so busy its probably for the best though. I'm still 100% in on this be it two weeks or two years from now.

Sorry to hear about Gramps but I do have to say thats how I wanna go. Well either that or while smoking a cigar in a beautiful woman. Thats one specific part of me inside of the woman not the cigar ....

Hey Urbs, this was Kuzi and I's creation. Know your place, donkey boy. Well I guess thats donkey **** employer.

Since it was my idea and Duty is executing it, we get first Dibs on any trips. We'll be taking a tour of all countries no need for anyone else to do any solo trips, we'll send pictures back. Water Pillows on the beach in the DR, Honduras, and Nicargua. With any luck we could return a WP on Mrs. Madurofan on the beach pic. Hmmmm .... I'll be back later.