Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What different jobs are out there?

Comments

• Options
    Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    I also work in an Applebee's, again. I work in the kitchen, mostly broil and flat top. It's ok. I've worked at Applebee's on and off for about 7 years. I'm in school to become a registered nurse.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    what applebees location? if you dont wanna let that known on the open forum give me a PM. we are in the same general area. we probably know some of the same people.
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    kuzi16:
    i like food so much that my second job is a gourmet chocolate company. If you are in ohio you too can taste our products.
    Harry London's?
  • Options
    no. i dont work at a gourmet chocolate company, I OWN one with my wife. we can only sell in ohio because we sell out of our house. once we get our own industrial kitchen we can sell nationwide.

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    no. i dont work at a gourmet chocolate company, I OWN one with my wife. we can only sell in ohio because we sell out of our house. once we get our own industrial kitchen we can sell nationwide.

Whats it called btw?
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    it's good stuff btw...my mom, sister, and girlfriend all appreciate it.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    what applebees location? if you dont wanna let that known on the open forum give me a PM. we are in the same general area. we probably know some of the same people.
    No problem. I work in Strongsville. I have worked there on and off since 2000.
  • Options
    StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    I am a lineman for a power company here in Colorado. Been working on power lines for 16 years now.
  • Options
    Big Dean:
    kuzi16:
    fantastic. so i take it you know Travis?

if so hes a good guy. he really helped me get to where i am now.
    ...plus he listens to good music.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:

Whats it called btw?
    the chocolate piggy.
    website coming soon. the guy building it is taking his sweet time.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Lots of IT, food service, and electrical stuff, it seems. Somebody come up with a great idea to make a few hundred million dollars off combining all that stuff with cigars, then do it and give me the money.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    urbino:
    Lots of IT, food service, and electrical stuff, it seems. Somebody come up with a great idea to make a few hundred million dollars off combining all that stuff with cigars, then do it and give me the money.
    How about a machine that rolls cigars, makes Applebee's food and chocolate, is run by a extremely faulty computer and has wiring that looks like you threw a bowl of spaghetti and duct tape together? Heck throw a cup holder on it too.
  • Options
    robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    I'm a nurse since 2001. Before that I was a truck driver.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    robert69165:
    Robert, I can't quite see how one profession led to the other, but the world does need both of them.
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    robert69165:
    Good, we'll need you around when Garens machine hurts someone.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    madurofan:
    Bad Andy:
    madurofan:
    Bad Andy:
    consulting a golddigger, i thought that would be a pimps job. are you a pimp maddy.
    Lobster and shrimp baby.
    Bad Andy:
    I'm in Telecom which is going the way of IP/IT so I guess I am IT by proxy.
    He's the redneck of the IT crowd.
    Redneck...thats so low. How bout country considering I do where boots.
    You were cowboy boots? Thats awesome ... does the new wife make you wear them in bed?
    yeah, i where cowboy boots but not to bed, she would call me redneck for that
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    These Filthy Hands:
    urbino:
    I dunno. I've got three close friends who used to be waiters and now have more lucrative careers. All of them loved waitering.
    I don't think they ever served at an Applebee's on the outskirts of the ghetto
    that is the worst part. the patrons suck. Ive worked at several applebees. That one is the hardest one to work at.

i like the food service industry. I get to make hundreds of people happy every day via food.
    i like food so much that my second job is a gourmet chocolate company. If you are in ohio you too can taste our products.
    yeah whatever happened to that website ordering kuzi?
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    These Filthy Hands:
    urbino:
    I dunno. I've got three close friends who used to be waiters and now have more lucrative careers. All of them loved waitering.
    that is the worst part. the patrons suck. Ive worked at several applebees. That one is the hardest one to work at.

i like the food service industry. I get to make hundreds of people happy every day via food.

I dunno Pheebs , isn't chocolate bad for squirrel's kidneys ???

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    gmill880:

phobicsquirrel:
    kuzi16:
    These Filthy Hands:
    urbino:

I dunno Pheebs , isn't chocolate bad for squirrel's kidneys ???

Kuz how about some chocolate covered acorns for our ROTL (rodent of the leaf), squirrels want ta have fun too ...

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Bad Andy:
    yeah, i where cowboy boots but not to bed, she would call me redneck for that
    she probably calls you that anyhow.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    Big Dean:
    kuzi16:

I actually just started working there again in December. So, I just missed Travis. Although I was there when he went through his M.I.T. training. I trained him on at least a few stations. I always liked Travis, and he was better than 90% of the M.I.T.'s we used to get. We haven't had too many come through lately. Anyways, gotta love that 2 for 20 promo we have going on now. Have you guys stopped portioning like everything on broil and flat top? We just started and it is sort of a pain in the ass.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    gmill880:
    Kuz how about some chocolate covered acorns for our ROTL (rodent of the leaf)
    Hee.
  • Options
    Big Dean:
    kuzi16:
    Big Dean:
    kuzi16:

I actually just started working there again in December. So, I just missed Travis. Although I was there when he went through his M.I.T. training. I trained him on at least a few stations. I always liked Travis, and he was better than 90% of the M.I.T.'s we used to get. We haven't had too many come through lately. Anyways, gotta love that 2 for 20 promo we have going on now. Have you guys stopped portioning like everything on broil and flat top? We just started and it is sort of a pain in the ass.
    yeah... the J.I.T.P program sucks.
    food cost is gunna take a big hit.
  • Options
    urbino:
    gmill880:
    Hee.
    no but we make some killer buckeyes.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    gmill880:
    Hee.
    I'm pretty sure squirrels eat buckeyes like fiends!
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    gmill880:
    Hee.
    I love buckeyes. A surprising number of people down here make them. Or at least variations of them (like fully-covered with white chocolate, rather than actually looking like a buckeye).
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    so considering the comment from Maddy about telecom being the rednecks of IT,,,
    i sat on a conf call for over 8 hrs (on a BEAUTIFUL saturday) yesterday. we finally get this thing troubleshot down to the only leg of the circuit thatdoes not have a rep on the line. when we finally get someone on the line at the location, this bumpkin from south GA has no idea what we are dealing. he's talking T1s while we are working on a T3 that is riding a OC3 mux.
  • Options
    sanesane Posts: 151
    IT Tech for the County
  • Options
    mattshellmattshell Posts: 34
    Marketing for Lucasfilm
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I sell and manufacuture custom window treatments.