Options

Anyone into carving?

Comments

• Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    RBeckom:
    Toombes:
    I'm in no hurry, brother. Take as much time as you need. Your health and relaxation come first.

I went five years without being able to fish more than A couple of times A year, now it seems to be constantly getting in the way. :-)

Lol! I haven't put a line in the water in over 10 years...

I wasn't sure I would ever be able to again so I couldn't be happier. You should give it another try. It's the most relaxing pass-time I can think of.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    RBeckom:
    Toombes:
    I'm in no hurry, brother. Take as much time as you need. Your health and relaxation come first.

I went five years without being able to fish more than A couple of times A year, now it seems to be constantly getting in the way. :-)

I wasn't sure I would ever be able to again so I couldn't be happier. You should give it another try. It's the most relaxing pass-time I can think of.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    RBeckom:
    Toombes:

• Options
    I'm on the home stretch now on the cane. With A little luck it will be finished tomorrow. I'll post A photo as soon as it's finished.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    I'm on the home stretch now on the cane. With A little luck it will be finished tomorrow. I'll post A photo as soon as it's finished.

I may have said it before, but Rodney, you rawk brother! I can't thank you enough for this awesome gift!
  • Options
    A sneak peek of the rough in.

• Options
    Looking sweet, brother!
  • Options
    I had A little set back today. We had four of our granddaughters over for the day. A truly great day but my work on the cane suffered. May be tomorrow with A little luck...........

:-)
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    I had A little set back today. We had four of our granddaughters over for the day. A truly great day but my work on the cane suffered. May be tomorrow with A little luck...........

:-)

Family always comes first, brother. I'm glad to hear you had fun with the grand-daughters! Like I said, no rush...
  • Options
    Work has been painfully slow on the cane. Fishing has A way of getting in my way but I have made progress.

• Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    That is truely magnificant, you have a special talent
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    Work has been painfully slow on the cane. Fishing has A way of getting in my way but I have made progress.

Speechless, absolutely speechless... Rodney, brother, the cane is phenomenal! I don't think I could ever explain how special this project is to me. You are a true brother, in every sense of the word.
  • Options
    Toombes:
    RBeckom:

Speechless, absolutely speechless... Rodney, brother, the cane is phenomenal! I don't think I could ever explain how special this project is to me. You are a true brother, in every sense of the word.

Your welcome. :-)
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking good brother. Can't wait to see the finished artwork.
  • Options
    Rhamlin:
    Looking good brother. Can't wait to see the finished artwork.

Hopefully I'll get to carve on the cane tomorrow. I feel almost human today. :-)
  • Options
    All that I have left to do is sanding and detail work on the cane. I will not post photos from this point on so that the final appearance will be seen by Toombes before anyone else.
  • Options
    Woot! Many pictures shall be posted when I get it! You've officially been adopted into my fairly disfunctional family, Rodney!
  • Options
    Bumpity for interpim
  • Options
    interpiminterpim Posts: 146
    marineatbn03:
    Bumpity for interpim

Thanks brother... Here is a link to some of my woodworking stuff (click the picture)

• Options
    Dang brother, that is some awesome work. I love the box you made for the wife. What does something like that take for you time-wise?
  • Options
    interpim:
    marineatbn03:
    Bumpity for interpim

Thanks brother... Here is a link to some of my woodworking stuff (click the picture)

That's some awesome work, brother! I've been toying with the idea of building a guitar for myself, but haven't been able to come up with the much needed time. Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    marineatbn03:
    Dang brother, that is some awesome work. I love the box you made for the wife. What does something like that take for you time-wise?

Far as the box construction it took maybe a day... to sand the organic shapes into it, maybe another 3 days or so... It would have gone quicker if I had a grinder with a sanding disc attachment, but at the time I only had an orbital sander.
  • Options
    You should be selling that stuff, because a box like that is what I have been looking for to hold all my stogie accessories, and I would buy that one.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    interpim:
    marineatbn03:
    Bumpity for interpim

that pine sideboard is beautiful!

• Options
    Soon, soon I will be carving again. Till then I will rest and regain my strength.
  • Options
    taythegibs:
    interpim:
    marineatbn03:
    Bumpity for interpim

that pine sideboard is beautiful!

Fine craftsman ship on these pieces.
  • Options
    Thank you sirs
    -Robert
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    this is my current project, i have a long way to go on it though...

• Options
    that's pretty close to my finished product on the carving I attempted :)

• Options
    Nice work gentlemen. Keep up the good work.