Home General Discussion
Options

DCCC Thread

Comments

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Glen, I see a lot of 1666s in there but not a lot of Obsidians. The Sniper Hunters, at least one of us, is wondering what happened to them? Smoked maybe, lol? Or do you love the troops that much and feel like they are sacrificing enough without having to smoke Obsidians.......
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Glad the package made it safe...Thanks again for what you are doing...
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Picture from Qatar! Still waiting for more, but this one came in the other day:
    Photobucket
  • Options
    DSWarmack:
    Roger, the only problem is getting in touch with individual units that are forward. If someone contacts me with digital unit contact information (ie. email, or phone numbers), I would be happy to work something out with BOSS. I am currently having to work with the USO for addresses because while the people rotate out the places generally stay the same. Every Unit I've deployed with has moved at least twice in a year and mail move so slow over there I dont want to send something without digital conformation. They don't even have to have a BOSS rep, I'll work with anyone E5 or higher (any branch), to get these cigars out of my house!
    I was just looking around the forum, and I came across the DCCC. im new here so im not really sure that i know really what the DCCC is, but if you need an address to send some cigars to the troops, I am over here in eastern afghanistan and we have some guys that would really appreciate a good cigar, and I am an E-5 so if you want some pictures i can try and send some, the internet is spotty at best but. thanks
  • Options
    kingdavid5kingdavid5 Posts: 293
    Just sent my package image
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    bandyt09:
    Hey Glen, I see a lot of 1666s in there but not a lot of Obsidians. The Sniper Hunters, at least one of us, is wondering what happened to them? Smoked maybe, lol? Or do you love the troops that much and feel like they are sacrificing enough without having to smoke Obsidians.......
    Sorry bandy, I just saw this post! Here's the scoop - the 1666's you saw in the pic here on the DCCC thread were from my own personal stock. Two Xmas' ago, I saw a couple of INSANE prices on 1666's and a big ol Graycliff sampler too. I though "What the hell? Some of the guys said Graycliff actually DOES have some good sticks in their lineup... and maybe the 1666's will dramatically improve with age. They're giving the things away."

So I threw em in the bottom of the coolidor and forgot about them for a LOOONG time. When I started working my way thru them a year and a half later, I came to the conclusion that something about Graycliff sticks in general (the best way I can describe it is that they all seem to have a "fruity" note to them) are just not my cup of tea.

I also forgot to factor in that they would be taking up valuable space in the cooler, so hopefully somebody overseas will enjoy them much more than I did.

As for what happened to your... er, the SNIPER HUNTERS Obsidians and 1666's, Im sort of ashamed to tell you - although it does amuse me.

I tried a couple of each and they only reaffirmed what I knew - NOT FOR ME. So I threw them in the humidor we keep at work and declared them fair game to anyone who wanted them.

Everytime my mooch-ass loser salesman fired one up, and raved about how good they were, I was LMAO inside. So I did get some good out of them, probably just not the way you... er, the NISPER HUNTERS had intended. :-)

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    LOL David.. I'm sending your's out today. Mine won't hurt.... Todd's might.
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    LOL David.. I'm sending your's out today. Mine won't hurt.... Todd's might.
    might Randall, I've seen you bring the pain so don't ambush him like that. I won't hurt him, unless, of course, he actually OPENS the package...........
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Bump to the top...we need to keep this baby alive!!!!
  • Options
    Gentleman... busy is an understatement to what I've been in the last two weeks. I apologize for the lack of involvement, but work has taken off. I found a job and took an 80 hr course, a 70 hr course and worked 60 hrs in the last week. I am headed to the UPS store shortly and will be sending some things out! You guys are forcing me to send out more packages! I love it... Without further postponement, here are the donations we've received in the last two weeks.

Cville&Toombes
    Eric Scaggs
    Mike Pascoe, Bomb
    David A Carrasco, Bomb

David A Carrasco (SN??)
    CvilleE & Toombes
    Skaggs
    y2pascoe
    BigFnSteve

All of these brothers sent us solid boxes and and BigFnSteve sent us an actual solid box!
    Bigfnsteve
  • Options
    DSWarmack:
    Gentleman... busy is an understatement to what I've been in the last two weeks. I apologize for the lack of involvement, but work has taken off. I found a job and took an 80 hr course, a 70 hr course and worked 60 hrs in the last week. I am headed to the UPS store shortly and will be sending some things out! You guys are forcing me to send out more packages! I love it... Without further postponement, here are the donations we've received in the last two weeks.

Cville&Toombes
    Eric Scaggs
    Mike Pascoe, Bomb
    David A Carrasco, Bomb

David A Carrasco (SN??)
    CvilleE & Toombes
    Skaggs
    y2pascoe
    BigFnSteve

All of these brothers sent us solid boxes and and BigFnSteve sent us an actual solid box!
    Bigfnsteve
    Awesome of every single one of you guys. David A Carrasco is kingdavid5. He's a new and great BOTL on the scene.
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    Haha! Made my day! Sitting here in bangkok waiting for whats going to be the next stretch in an even longer day. There were cigars in that `solid box` or am i losin it? :-P glad they all arrived safe. Perfect timing on the pics! Woke me up!
  • Options
    There were indeed cigars in that solid box! I apologize for not having the pictures of them. I seem to have misplaced the pictures and everything is loaded into the cooler waiting for shipment.
  • Options
    Greetings from Doha!

As you can see from the attached photo, we've just wrapped up another successful, enjoyable, Gentlemen's Cigar Night here in Doha. Tonight's meeting took us to the rooftop pool at the Marriott here in West Bay. Many thanks to all who contributed to this evening, the cigars were as always, wonderful.

Thanks, Mark Lewis

Photobucket

A thank you note from the Doha crew!
  • Options
    bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    DSWarmack:
    There were indeed cigars in that solid box! I apologize for not having the pictures of them. I seem to have misplaced the pictures and everything is loaded into the cooler waiting for shipment.
    All good brother! I was just making sure i wasnt loosin it! In all seriousness glad you got it and it was all intact. Thanks again '!
  • Options
    Jgibv hit us hard this week!

Jgibv

He even threw me a little side pot! San Miguel and My Father are two awesome sticks the others I haven't tried but I'm excited to!
    Jgibv
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    DSWarmack:
    Jgibv hit us hard this week!

Jgibv

He even threw me a little side pot! San Miguel and My Father are two awesome sticks the others I haven't tried but I'm excited to!
    Jgibv
    Morale for these guys on the front lines is soooo important. Thanks for your service to our nation, Ryan, and extra thanks for this other great thing you've organized to boost morale for all of our boys! God bless our troops and yourself!
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Nice haul. I'm going to have a package and donation coming to you soon, probably next week. Will let you know.
  • Options
    Our boys are gonna have some good smokes . Hopefully each stick helps them escape for awhile and get some relaxation.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Ryan, when my pass gets back to me I'll be sending more to you for our brothers and sisters overseas. If you could PM me your info I'd appreciate it. Thanks, brother!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Morale for these guys on the front lines is soooo important. Thanks for your service to our nation, Ryan, and extra thanks for this other great thing you've organized to boost morale for all of our boys! God bless our troops and yourself!
    A BIG ++++ to this. I couldn't have said it better myself.

And I'm just glad to help out, Ryan.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Direwolf:
    Our boys are gonna have some good smokes . Hopefully each stick helps them escape for awhile and get some relaxation.
    NO $H!T!!! Thanks to you there will be fight on six FIVE (I posted this before I read my PMs!(I'm so excited!)) different FOBs! (I can guarantee you that each stick melts away the daily drudgery of CRAP that you have to deal with over there.)
    Click it for a full view of his SIX My Father Lounge Exclusives! I will be adding them to the four packages going out Monday to get them out of my house (wife didn't make the UPS store in time yesterday to get them out)!!!

jgibv:
    y2pascoe:
    A BIG ++++ to this. I couldn't have said it better myself.

And I'm just glad to help out, Ryan.

Gentlemen, the only reason I still do/can do this is because of you guys! You guys helped me when I was over there and I am only a conduit for your generosity. I remember what it was like sitting over there waiting for the mail to come in and get some decent smokes... and most of the time they were decent they came from many of the guys here. My wife sent me some and they were dried to h3ll and not of the best quality, what you guys sent was always spot on and shipped well! I am trying to keep up the tradition of you guys by doing the same for the guys doing the same things I've had to do. I've sent all different brands and qualities of smokes over there and gotten nothing but rave reviews from all. They love them and are so happy to have something to do with their down time just like I was. From the beneficiaries of the DCCC to the donors of the DCCC, they/we applaud you and sing your praises! I am only happy that I can get to be the middle man for all of this.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a package that I want to send your way for the troops Ryan, if you could PM me your info so I can do so that'd be great! Thanks again ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Sent, thanks!
  • Options
    DSWarmack:
    the four packages going out Monday to get them out of my house (wife didn't make the UPS store in time yesterday to get them out)!!!
    Ryan are you using the USPS AFO boxes to send the four pacakages out? If so they still run $12.95? I will Paypal the funds to you these four pacages, shipping is on me.

• Options
    Fortunately for them, they won't fit in those boxes! One of the reasons I take so long to ship... I do get help from the USO and the local yocal UPS store, but everything helps!
  • Options
    5 boxes went out this am, 4 to USOs and one to Mike! And I've got enough cash left over to shoot out 2 more this week... this is gonna be an awesome week for the DCCC!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I'm putting something together for you. Can you PM where I should send it? Don't remember where it went when you weren't stateside.
  • Options
    DSWarmack:
    5 boxes went out this am, 4 to USOs and one to Mike! And I've got enough cash left over to shoot out 2 more this week... this is gonna be an awesome week for the DCCC!
    Ryan, check your PP as my donation from my spring cleaning sale should have hit. Thanks again for making it easier on us to get cigars out to the troops.

• Options
    bandyt09:
    DSWarmack:
    Ryan, check your PP as my donation from my spring cleaning sale should have hit. Thanks again for making it easier on us to get cigars out to the troops.

I saw that come through today and lost my mind! We really appreciate it. What you sent will cover quite a few packages, hopefully ill be able to drop them off in Saturday.