Home Non Cigar Related

NFL 2012 Season

ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
So who else has been geeked up for free agency? There's been some crazy signings so far. Happy to see Megatron get his extension. The Bears got a steal in the Marshall trade since they have Cutler and only gave up a couple of 3rd round picks for him.

And now onto the big one...Manning. Can't wait to see where he signs and I'm really excited by the progress the Titans made today. 8 hours with them in Nashville is a really good sign. I'm really really hoping he signs with TN. Come home Peyton!

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been a Lions fan since #20. I'm pretty stoked that they have Megatron for another 7 yrs.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    And now onto the big one...Manning. Can't wait to see where he signs and I'm really excited by the progress the Titans made today. 8 hours with them in Nashville is a really good sign. I'm really really hoping he signs with TN. Come home Peyton!
    That would be a homecoming, of sorts. I bet that would sure make Volunteer fans excited.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    ENFIDL:
    The Bears got a steal in the Marshall trade since they have Cutler and only gave up a couple of 3rd round picks for him.
    AND my Bears signed an actual effective backup QB for the first time since Jim Harbaugh was pulling splinters out of his a$$ on our sidelines. AND we signed a couple of beast special teamers. We havent gotten a solid DE yet or a kickass CB (was really hoping we would pick up Cortland Finnegan (the scRams? Really? REEEEALLY???) or Mario Williams, which still may happen) but at least our new GM is actually TRYING to improve the team instead of pinching pennies so hard you can hear Lincoln screaming.

Jerry Angelo, wherever you are... DIE SLOW!!! GO BEARS!!!

• deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    happy with a few things my hawks have done.... not to sure about the QB's that are going to visit... flynn may work out.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Very happy the Colts re-signed Reggie Wayne WR . Reg-gie Reg-gie Reg-gie . Like the Cory Redding pick-up as well . First time Colts have seriously looked at Free Agents since before Polian was there . Polian only believed in the draft and un-drafted free agents . Sometimes there are more important holes to fill than the draft can cover and your not going to get a diamond in the ruff EVERY YEAR thru undrafted free agents . Glad we are looking and the current brain trust believes in signing some people to help now .

I may be an total optimist but I dont think we will be as bad as people think in 2012 . I see 8-8 as very realistic , now that we have shed some of the injury prone , long in the tooth , declining performers .
    Now, befor anyone jumps me I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT PEYTON !!!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    How about those Buffalo Bills dropping some loot on Super Mario ....... The defensive line is going to be scary for them this year.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    kingjk729:
    How about those Buffalo Bills dropping some loot on Super Mario ....... The defensive line is going to be scary for them this year.
    Dude that was HUGE for them! That'll make them straight nasty on the D front. Esp with the way Dareaus is playing. That's a serious franchise moving play by them bring in Mario.
    The Sniper:
    ENFIDL:
    The Bears got a steal in the Marshall trade since they have Cutler and only gave up a couple of 3rd round picks for him.
    AND my Bears signed an actual effective backup QB for the first time since Jim Harbaugh was pulling splinters out of his a$$ on our sidelines. AND we signed a couple of beast special teamers. We havent gotten a solid DE yet or a kickass CB (was really hoping we would pick up Cortland Finnegan (the scRams? Really? REEEEALLY???) or Mario Williams, which still may happen) but at least our new GM is actually TRYING to improve the team instead of pinching pennies so hard you can hear Lincoln screaming.

Jerry Angelo, wherever you are... DIE SLOW!!! GO BEARS!!!

Be glad you didn't get Finnegan. For that kind of money he's disgustingly overpaid. 10 mil a year is way to much for him. I loved him when he was with the Titans but 10 mil a year is way over what he's worth. Yeah Glen the new GM situation is playing out really well for you guys. Picking up Campbell as the backup is a huge win.
    y2pascoe:
    ENFIDL:
    That would be a homecoming, of sorts. I bet that would sure make Volunteer fans excited.
    This would be one excited Vols fan right here! I can't even begin to tell you how excited me and everyone I know who are still back in TN would be. I really can't wait for him to make his decision. This whole not knowing thing is straight up killing me lol
    Reports this morning he's flying back to Denver for a workout . Could this be the final step before going to Denver ? E I know you would be excited to see him in Tenn. but I would hate to have to face him 2 times a year as a Colts fan !
    gmill880:
    Reports this morning he's flying back to Denver for a workout . Could this be the final step before going to Denver ? E I know you would be excited to see him in Tenn. but I would hate to have to face him 2 times a year as a Colts fan !
    I feel ya Gene because I hated facing him twice a year when he was with you guys lol But so far nothing new besides the 49ers jumping into the mix. He's worked out for all 3 so it'll be really interesting to see which team he picks and why.
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:
    I feel ya Gene because I hated facing him twice a year when he was with you guys lol But so far nothing new besides the 49ers jumping into the mix. He's worked out for all 3 so it'll be really interesting to see which team he picks and why.

I think the 49'ers are instant Super Bowl credibility with P-money as their QB .
    Man , this is so unlike the Bill Polian days .
    The Colts have picked up 2 O-Linemen in FA . They have also picked up a starting DE and probably what will be a starting Safty to go with Bethea . Much more of this and we wont need the draft after we take Andrew Luck at QB ! I am kidding of course . The Colts have enough holes to fill they could use 2 full drafts this year !!!
    gmill880:
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:

I think the 49'ers are instant Super Bowl credibility with P-money as their QB .
    They would def be the fav hands down to win it all IMO if they get him. That D plus that ridiculous receiving corps they now have plus Frank Gore is just insane with Manning under center. I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it lol
    gmill880:
    The Colts have picked up 2 O-Linemen in FA . They have also picked up a starting DE and probably what will be a starting Safty to go with Bethea . Much more of this and we wont need the draft after we take Andrew Luck at QB ! I am kidding of course . The Colts have enough holes to fill they could use 2 full drafts this year !!!
    I think this is all Grigson making waves. It's def a huge change in philosophy that I think will pay off. Which of course as a Titans fan I'm hating :p
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:
    I think this is all Grigson making waves. It's def a huge change in philosophy that I think will pay off. Which of course as a Titans fan I'm hating :p

Ya'll best be gettin' SKEERED over there in Titan land ...... in about 2-3 years we'll be competitive again !!! LOL !!!
    gmill880:
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:

Ya'll best be gettin' SKEERED over there in Titan land ...... in about 2-3 years we'll be competitive again !!! LOL !!!
    lol well maybe by then we will have a pass rush and secondary
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    sup excited about Flynn in Seattle, there is no such thing as a bad QB coming from GB...now to get some OL
    Just wonder how much the Vegas line will change for whichever team signs Peyton . Would be interesting to look at the line/odds of a team reaching the superbowl and how much the bookmakers change it if Peyton signs with them . Interesting ... inquiring minds want to know !
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    ENFIDL:
    kingjk729:
    Dude that was HUGE for them! That'll make them straight nasty on the D front. Esp with the way Dareaus is playing. That's a serious franchise moving play by them bring in Mario.
    i knew i should of stayed away from this thread it sucks that we lost Mario W. but the D is still good so we shall see what happens
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Just saw a story that said Payton Manning is going to Denver... a few thoughts....

He should have gone to SF. I dont think he's going to get within sniffing distance of another Super Bowl for the rest of his career.

Speaking of SF, they are screwed, blued & tattooed if they cant talk Alex Smith into coming back - and that doesnt look likely, as the boy is SERIOUSLY pissed SF went after Manning in the first place. He's been talking to Miami, and I think that's where he'll end up.

Tebow will likely be traded. To SF perhaps? Stay tuned kiddies....

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I think Alex Smith is more pissed about the contract the 49ers offered him over SF entertaining Manning..Alex knows its only business..Yep and unless the 49ers step up their offer I imagine he'll find another team to play for. The Broncos better work on their offensive line's pass protection thats all I gotta say bout that... I dont see Tebow going to the 49ers,,Chi maybe
    Denver huh ...
    The Kid:
    I think Alex Smith is more pissed about the contract the 49ers offered him over SF entertaining Manning..Alex knows its only business..Yep and unless the 49ers step up their offer I imagine he'll find another team to play for. The Broncos better work on their offensive line's pass protection thats all I gotta say bout that... I dont see Tebow going to the 49ers,,Chi maybe
    Actually Alex came out and said he agreed to the contract and then the 49'ers were like well let's wait a min and see what Manning does then Alex went to visit Miami lol
    gmill880:
    Denver huh ...
    Yep...well it is what it is. It sucks but whatevs we got Hasselbeck and Locker. Jake looked good when he played last year. He plays with a lot of energy and intensity which I loved.
    The Sniper:
    Just saw a story that said Payton Manning is going to Denver... a few thoughts....

He should have gone to SF. I dont think he's going to get within sniffing distance of another Super Bowl for the rest of his career.

Speaking of SF, they are screwed, blued & tattooed if they cant talk Alex Smith into coming back - and that doesnt look likely, as the boy is SERIOUSLY pissed SF went after Manning in the first place. He's been talking to Miami, and I think that's where he'll end up.

Tebow will likely be traded. To SF perhaps? Stay tuned kiddies....

Whoever trades for him better have a solid #1 qb IMHO. He needs to be developed and going to Miami, Jacksonville, etc he wouldn't get the chance to grow as a QB
    deejmemixx:
    sup excited about Flynn in Seattle, there is no such thing as a bad QB coming from GB...now to get some OL
    That was a big pick up for you guys esp for the price. You didn't dish out crazy cash, must have learned from Arizona's mistake with Kolb, so even if he doesn't work out it's not like it's a huge loss
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    The Kid:
    Actually Alex came out and said he agreed to the contract and then the 49'ers were like well let's wait a min and see what Manning does then Alex went to visit Miami lol
    ACtually Ive read something to the contrary stating that Alex was looking at Miami even before SF approached manning.. DO you have an article or source that the 49ers pulled there offer with Smith beacause I heard alos that it has always been on the table for Alex to agree to
    The Kid:
    ENFIDL:
    The Kid:
    ACtually Ive read something to the contrary stating that Alex was looking at Miami even before SF approached manning.. DO you have an article or source that the 49ers pulled there offer with Smith beacause I heard alos that it has always been on the table for Alex to agree to
    It was on ESPN. I'll find it and post it up. I read it last night
    I think this whole thing has blown up in SF 's face ...