Options

NFL 2012 Season

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    The Kid:
    ENFIDL:
    The Kid:
    I think Alex Smith is more pissed about the contract the 49ers offered him over SF entertaining Manning..Alex knows its only business..Yep and unless the 49ers step up their offer I imagine he'll find another team to play for. The Broncos better work on their offensive line's pass protection thats all I gotta say bout that... I dont see Tebow going to the 49ers,,Chi maybe
    Actually Alex came out and said he agreed to the contract and then the 49'ers were like well let's wait a min and see what Manning does then Alex went to visit Miami lol
    ACtually Ive read something to the contrary stating that Alex was looking at Miami even before SF approached manning.. DO you have an article or source that the 49ers pulled there offer with Smith beacause I heard alos that it has always been on the table for Alex to agree to
    I can't find it on ESPN anymore, I read it on my phone don't know if they have more on the mobile, but anyways I found a video that came out right before free agency beginning saying he hadn't demanded the 5 years and liked the 3 year deal they offered him
  • Options
    gmill880:
    I think this whole thing has blown up in SF 's face ...
    I think it means that they have to offer Smith more money as an apology
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Dont doubt ya,, just read somethin else,, that some of his discontent was with the length of term.. We'll see what happens
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Dont doubt ya,, just read somethin else,, that some of his discontent was with the length of term.. We'll see what happens
    Oh no I know brother I was just trying to find what I read. The video I saw he did say he was happy with just 3 years. But now Garrard has signed with Miami so it looks like they gave up on the Alex Smith pursuit. 1 year deal but didn't see any financial terms
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Have the Saints been handed out their punishment yet from the NFL for the bounty hunting program ???

What do you guys think their penaltys should be ?

I think they should take their top three draft picks and give them to the teams in their division . 1st pick goes to lowest placing team in division , 2nd goes to next lowest and so forth . That way they not only lose where it really hurts but it helps their enemies as well ! I think that would effectivly end this type of thing for good .
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think SF is backed into a corner at all. The offer they have made him is a solid $8mil a year for 3 years. He can go to Miami all he wants. That organization is a total disaster right now. Everyone knows it, Alex Smith knows it, SF knows it. I don't expect the team to change their offer at all. On the other hand, the front office could probably handled it a little better, much more like the Titans front office has.
  • Options
    clearlysuspect:
    I don't think SF is backed into a corner at all. The offer they have made him is a solid $8mil a year for 3 years. He can go to Miami all he wants. That organization is a total disaster right now. Everyone knows it, Alex Smith knows it, SF knows it. I don't expect the team to change their offer at all. On the other hand, the front office could probably handled it a little better, much more like the Titans front office has.

Good Point
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    gmill880:
    clearlysuspect:

Good Point

+1

This reminds me of the age old quest to find the cutest girl to date. You court a girl that you would be happy with, say a solid 7.5, you ask her out you go to dinner and everyone is playing games and both parties know it. One says you owe me more the other says we don't owe you more, blah blah blah. Then, by chance, the smoking hot 9.5 walks into your life and you most certainly could get along with her, now she has one problem being a neck injury but you sure ain't kicking her out of bed either, the 7.5 would have to be stupid to think you wouldn't go after the 9.5 when we, i say we because I have been a fan since birth, were courting you and said you were our number one but you didn't want to make it official.

now do I owe you more $ now, no because you are still the 7.5 and nothing has changed.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Well Alex still hasnt signed, and I dont expect him to..(with the current offer) SO unless the 49ers put up a better deal,, maybey some incentive pkgs, They will be hurting and in my opinion taking a few steps backward...Ive even heard talk of Tebow going to SF,, talk about taking steps in the wrong direction... Ive lost some respect for the 49ers over the years for their lack of loyalty,, Where did Joe Montana retire from where did Jerry Rice retire from, or how bout Roger Craig? Much of the teams success was built around those players

Alex smith threw some incredible passes in the playoffs and I know their loss to the Giants, wasnt due to his lack of skill.. Yea the 49ers need to step it up IMO. Otherwise Alex Smith will be a holdout and will be picked up sometime somewhere by another team.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    A bit off topic but how about Hines Ward retiring today? Very classy move by him. He was past his prime and went out with dignity and grace. Well done 86!
  • Options
    skweekz:
    A bit off topic but how about Hines Ward retiring today? Very classy move by him. He was past his prime and went out with dignity and grace. Well done 86!
    I liked how he did it. He would rather not play than play somewhere besides as a Steeler. With the way the league is today that kind of loyalty is extremely rare
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Well Alex still hasnt signed, and I dont expect him to..(with the current offer) SO unless the 49ers put up a better deal,, maybey some incentive pkgs, They will be hurting and in my opinion taking a few steps backward...Ive even heard talk of Tebow going to SF,, talk about taking steps in the wrong direction... Ive lost some respect for the 49ers over the years for their lack of loyalty,, Where did Joe Montana retire from where did Jerry Rice retire from, or how bout Roger Craig? Much of the teams success was built around those players

Alex smith threw some incredible passes in the playoffs and I know their loss to the Giants, wasnt due to his lack of skill.. Yea the 49ers need to step it up IMO. Otherwise Alex Smith will be a holdout and will be picked up sometime somewhere by another team.
    I'm right with you that I think that they will have to up the deal for him to sign
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Have the Saints been handed out their punishment yet from the NFL for the bounty hunting program ???

I think they should take their top three draft picks and give them to the teams in their division . 1st pick goes to lowest placing team in division , 2nd goes to next lowest and so forth . That way they not only lose where it really hurts but it helps their enemies as well ! I think that would effectivly end this type of thing for good .
    I really like this. I think that would be a pretty huge slap in the mouth to do it that way so I dig it. I can't wait to see what it is going to be. I wonder how long Greg Williams is going to be suspended for. I wonder though how will the other teams affected by this handle it. By that I mean the ones who have players that were involved in it. Like Scott Fujita, if you're the browns do you keep him even if he gets suspended or do you cut him and move on?
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:

I really like this. I think that would be a pretty huge slap in the mouth to do it that way so I dig it. I can't wait to see what it is going to be. I wonder how long Greg Williams is going to be suspended for. I wonder though how will the other teams affected by this handle it. By that I mean the ones who have players that were involved in it. Like Scott Fujita, if you're the browns do you keep him even if he gets suspended or do you cut him and move on?

Yeah I thought that was a good idea Enfidl , that way they are not only punished but make their division rivals even stronger , making it even harder to win the division . I think this would be a huge deterrent , kind of like self-assured mutual destruction where its a no win situation for the agressor .
  • Options
    Titans signed DE Kamerion Wimbley! Finally we got a D end who can get to the QB. As shallow as this draft class is I was afraid we'd suffer through another year of no pass rush
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    Titans signed DE Kamerion Wimbley! Finally we got a D end who can get to the QB. As shallow as this draft class is I was afraid we'd suffer through another year of no pass rush

Your Titans are going to have to take it easy on our new QB ... Please don't make the boy gunshy LOL !!! Everybody says he's a good kid ( Andrew Luck ) loves his momma , respectful to his elders and all . Can't your defensive guys just " tag " him ? Instead of driving him head first into the ground like a rodeo rider on a steer hahaha .
  • Options
    gmill880:
    ENFIDL:

Your Titans are going to have to take it easy on our new QB ... Please don't make the boy gunshy LOL !!! Everybody says he's a good kid ( Andrew Luck ) loves his momma , respectful to his elders and all . Can't your defensive guys just " tag " him ? Instead of driving him head first into the ground like a rodeo rider on a steer hahaha .
    hahaha somebody's gotta welcome him to the NFL ;)

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    gmill880:
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:

Yeah I thought that was a good idea Enfidl , that way they are not only punished but make their division rivals even stronger , making it even harder to win the division . I think this would be a huge deterrent , kind of like self-assured mutual destruction where its a no win situation for the agressor .
    NO is going to have enough trouble winning their division when Cool Brees holds out because they're f*cking around with him. As far as their punishment goes, I think they should take their entire draft away from them, and maybe reduce their salary cap by a good chunk of change too. You wanna send a league wide message that this crap wont be tolerated? This would do it - teams would be scared to death to do anything like this in the future.

• Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    wow did the NFL come down on New Orleans...Peyton suspended for a year and two second-rounders this year and next (shoulda been first-rounders). They're gonna have a tough season.

As for Hines' retirement...the Steelers have benefitted from some very strong locker room leaders over the years, most recently Bettis and Ward on offense. There are lots of D leaders left, but on offense the pickins are slim. I think you can't underestimate the value of that behind-the-scenes stuff when it comes to winning in January and February, so his retirement is a real setback for the Steelers. It's not going to be the same watching them this year. There is nothing like watching Hines diving for a 12-yard slant on 3rd-and-11, getting drilled in the head, and popping up with a huge smile on his face. I know other teams and fans loved to hate him, but I think it's safe to say no other player in the league ever accomplished what Hines did on a knee with NO ligaments. His is the epitome of toughness and selfless play.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    And Tebow goes to the Jets! Wow didn't see that coming at all!
  • Options
    So this is how Khan starts his reign in Jacksonville? With broken promises! They didn't even make an offer on the guy who he said they'd stop at nothing to put in a Jaguars uniform.

And how is that for treatment of Tebow? Denver took 4th and 6th round picks for Tebow & a 7th round draft pick. One of the most irrelevant trades possible for a guy who boosted them into the playoffs last year!
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    skweekz:
    he will be shooting heroin and sexing up women in a year.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    clearlysuspect:
    So this is how Khan starts his reign in Jacksonville? With broken promises! They didn't even make an offer on the guy who he said they'd stop at nothing to put in a Jaguars uniform.

And how is that for treatment of Tebow? Denver took 4th and 6th round picks for Tebow & a 7th round draft pick. One of the most irrelevant trades possible for a guy who boosted them into the playoffs last year!
    he didnt boost them into the playoffs... he had a great OL adn great Defence... everyone forgets that.
  • Options
    deejmemixx:
    clearlysuspect:

he didnt boost them into the playoffs... he had a great OL adn great Defence... everyone forgets that.
    Oh I'm not forgetting anything! We watched every Denver game last year. There were several players that stepped up big at different times, but Tebow stepped up huge at several different moments and simply made plays where there were none! Having watched nearly every Denver play last year, I'd say he was definately the factor that boosted them into the playoffs!
  • Options
    Colts sign free-agent center Samson Satele - 6'3" - 300 LBS. - 3rd O-Line pickup so far - all big guys , 2 are 6'3 and one 6'4 and 320 , 315 , and 300 LBS respectivly . FINALLY !!! Maybe now we can make a blankety blank 3rd and one instead of being thrown for a 3-4 yard loss with the small offensive line we have had for the past 7-8 years . I am actually getting really excited for this year . A big offensive line settling in place . A terrific defensive minded coach and some more bigger harder hitters coming on board . Jeezzz !!! Next thing ya know , we'll actually resemble a NFL team getting off the plane instead of a Arena Football Movie Cast of Rejects !!!
  • Options
    skweekz:
    Maybe not. There's a clause in his contract that can stop it. Apparently the Rams are sitting in 2nd in the Tebow Derby
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Colts sign free-agent center Samson Satele - 6'3" - 300 LBS. - 3rd O-Line pickup so far - all big guys , 2 are 6'3 and one 6'4 and 320 , 315 , and 300 LBS respectivly . FINALLY !!! Maybe now we can make a blankety blank 3rd and one instead of being thrown for a 3-4 yard loss with the small offensive line we have had for the past 7-8 years . I am actually getting really excited for this year . A big offensive line settling in place . A terrific defensive minded coach and some more bigger harder hitters coming on board . Jeezzz !!! Next thing ya know , we'll actually resemble a NFL team getting off the plane instead of a Arena Football Movie Cast of Rejects !!!
    That's a huge pick up for you guys. He'll be huge for Luck which as a Titans fan I must say damn lol
  • Options
    Luko:
    wow did the NFL come down on New Orleans...Peyton suspended for a year and two second-rounders this year and next (shoulda been first-rounders). They're gonna have a tough season.

As for Hines' retirement...the Steelers have benefitted from some very strong locker room leaders over the years, most recently Bettis and Ward on offense. There are lots of D leaders left, but on offense the pickins are slim. I think you can't underestimate the value of that behind-the-scenes stuff when it comes to winning in January and February, so his retirement is a real setback for the Steelers. It's not going to be the same watching them this year. There is nothing like watching Hines diving for a 12-yard slant on 3rd-and-11, getting drilled in the head, and popping up with a huge smile on his face. I know other teams and fans loved to hate him, but I think it's safe to say no other player in the league ever accomplished what Hines did on a knee with NO ligaments. His is the epitome of toughness and selfless play.
    Plus Williams is suspended indefinitely! GM is suspended 8 games as well. Saints were fined like 500K and the players union is review punishment for the players involved. I see a lot more suspensions coming down over the next 48 hours. This is huge
  • Options
    The Sniper:
    NO is going to have enough trouble winning their division when Cool Brees holds out because they're f*cking around with him

Losing the HC is huge for them and if they don't get Brees signed they're done. This could kill that franchise. They have to make the Brees deal to avoid that
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    The Sniper:
    NO is going to have enough trouble winning their division when Cool Brees holds out because they're f*cking around with him

Losing the HC is huge for them and if they don't get Brees signed they're done. This could kill that franchise. They have to make the Brees deal to avoid that

Agreed ... what the hay are they doing with Brees anyway ? Are they drinking the kool-aid ???