NFL 2012 Season

13»

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    gmill880:
    ENFIDL:
    The Sniper:
    NO is going to have enough trouble winning their division when Cool Brees holds out because they're f*cking around with him

Losing the HC is huge for them and if they don't get Brees signed they're done. This could kill that franchise. They have to make the Brees deal to avoid that

Agreed ... what the hay are they doing with Brees anyway ? Are they drinking the kool-aid ???
    Apparently he's asking for 23ish mil a year and they are sticking to 18ish mil a year. He has refused to sign the franchise tender as he sees it as a slap to the face. If he sits out the season and walks he'll get mega money somewhere
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:
    ENFIDL:
    The Sniper:
    NO is going to have enough trouble winning their division when Cool Brees holds out because they're f*cking around with him

Losing the HC is huge for them and if they don't get Brees signed they're done. This could kill that franchise. They have to make the Brees deal to avoid that

Agreed ... what the hay are they doing with Brees anyway ? Are they drinking the kool-aid ???
    Apparently he's asking for 23ish mil a year and they are sticking to 18ish mil a year. He has refused to sign the franchise tender as he sees it as a slap to the face. If he sits out the season and walks he'll get mega money somewhere
    Easily one of the elite QB's of all times! He has everything to gain and the Saints have everything to lose in him not signing this contract. I think you're going to see an entire restructuring anyways, you know you're not going to win anything next year, who knows what players are going to get suspended from all this too. The Saints ship has sailed and I think it's on to bigger and better things for Brees.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    skweekz:
    And Tebow goes to the Jets! Wow didn't see that coming at all!
    he will be shooting heroin and sexing up women in a year.
    LOL
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    clearlysuspect:
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:
    ENFIDL:
    The Sniper:

Easily one of the elite QB's of all times! He has everything to gain and the Saints have everything to lose in him not signing this contract. I think you're going to see an entire restructuring anyways, you know you're not going to win anything next year, who knows what players are going to get suspended from all this too. The Saints ship has sailed and I think it's on to bigger and better things for Brees.

Just merely playing what ifs . Where do you guys think a good landing spot for Brees would be ? How about Dallas / I have just never thought that much of Romo . I think New England would be a excellent fit but I don't think pretty -boy Tom is going anywhere for the next 4-5 years anyway . How old is Brady anyway ? Just looked it up , he's 34 ... gettin on up there for a QB ! And Brees is 33 , these guys arn't youngsters anymore ...
  • Options
    Colts trade for QB Drew Stanton from Jets and sign free agent receiver Donnie Avery . Damn . Thats more trades and free agent pick-ups in about a month than Polian had in 10 years !!! We be building .

I think anyone who thinks the Colts are gonna be a push-over this year are in for a rude shock !!!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Colts trade for QB Drew Stanton from Jets and sign free agent receiver Donnie Avery . Damn . Thats more trades and free agent pick-ups in about a month than Polian had in 10 years !!! We be building .

I think anyone who thinks the Colts are gonna be a push-over this year are in for a rude shock !!!
    Well IMO Avery is a joke. He'll be a great training camp/practice squad guy. We brought him in after Britt got hurt and he had 3 catches in 8 games lol Stanton is a solid backup so I think that's def a good pick up with a rookie coming in
  • Options
    gmill880:
    clearlysuspect:
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:
    ENFIDL:
    The Sniper:

Just merely playing what ifs . Where do you guys think a good landing spot for Brees would be ? How about Dallas / I have just never thought that much of Romo . I think New England would be a excellent fit but I don't think pretty -boy Tom is going anywhere for the next 4-5 years anyway . How old is Brady anyway ? Just looked it up , he's 34 ... gettin on up there for a QB ! And Brees is 33 , these guys arn't youngsters anymore ...
    I think Buffalo, Miami and wait for it Tampa Bay would be landing spots for Brees. I think Tampa would do everything they could to get him if Freeman struggles again this year.
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:

Well IMO Avery is a joke. He'll be a great training camp/practice squad guy. We brought him in after Britt got hurt and he had 3 catches in 8 games lol Stanton is a solid backup so I think that's def a good pick up with a rookie coming in

Was he hurt most of the year ? Avery ?
  • Options
    gmill880:
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:

Nope he was fully healthy. After he got hurt a few years back in St Louis he was never the same after
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:

Nope he was fully healthy. After he got hurt a few years back in St Louis he was never the same after

Damn ... I was hoping after hearing about his speed he would be a field stretcher . Sounds like he may be just camp fodder . I have to believe we will take a WR somewhere in this draft .
  • Options
    gmill880:
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:
    ENFIDL:
    gmill880:

Damn ... I was hoping after hearing about his speed he would be a field stretcher . Sounds like he may be just camp fodder . I have to believe we will take a WR somewhere in this draft .
    Yeah I was hesitantly excited about him last year when we brought him in. Hopefully you guys will. If not I could def see him making the roster. Whoever gets Blackmon is getting a beast!
  • Options
    Blackmon is just scary good . He will be fun to watch in the NFL .
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Blackmon is just scary good . He will be fun to watch in the NFL .
    Yeah he will. I hope he gets to a team that has atleast a decent QB so that we can see him fully utilized like he was at OKST.
  • Options
    Let's talk the draft now that FA is mostly died down for now. Who is everybody hoping to see their team take. Or what positions are you hoping they draft people for?

Me I'm hoping TN gets some WR's & OL men for depth in the mid-late rounds and some LB and/or secondary help early on. If DeCastro from Stanford is still there in the first he's too good of a guard to pass on at 20