Options

MARCH MADNESS RETURNS!

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Damn....I feel sorry for the East Coast crew....SOLD OUT
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    You gotta be sh1ting me! 4:00 am and it's sold out??? I call B.S.!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got mine! Swore to the wife I wouldn't buy any for a couple months but when was a deal like this gonna happen again. Was on it fast. Hope it's gonna be worth bieng in the doghouse.
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    I knew this would happen...........I feel bad for the east coast botl!
    Maybe for March Madness, Ccom should roll back the start time to 9pm EST? - or, make one unit of the same deal available to "regular" customers (those spending more than xx dollars/yr), for 24 hours, via an email request to one of the reps.................just a thought.

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    y2pascoe:
    Maybe for March Madness, Ccom should roll back the start time to 9pm EST? - or, make one unit of the same deal available to "regular" customers (those spending more than xx dollars/yr), for 24 hours, via an email request to one of the reps.................just a thought.

i just make sure to stay up every night to catch it.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    y2pascoe:

Perks of working a night shift that starts at midnight.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    KingoftheCove:
    y2pascoe:

and one of the perks of going to bed and missing it , saved my $$$ ,lol
  • Options
    Absolutely shocked I missed this deal.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    skweekz:
    KingoftheCove:
    y2pascoe:

As it was coming up I said "FINALLY"; only to follow that with "OH ****!", very disappointed in this years "Madness".
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Yeah. We (east coasters) got F'd again. If this thing ends up with a sweet Fuente deal that I miss, I will be super pissed.
  • Options
    Im hoping this deal comes back around noon, like the one on wednesday did.
  • Options
    KCW:
    y2pascoe:
    Yeah. We (east coasters) got F'd again. If this thing ends up with a sweet Fuente deal that I miss, I will be super pissed.
    It's all my fiance's fault. She insisted we engage in an activity that has a side effect of extreme drowsiness for me. I was out like a light by 10:30.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    y2pascoe:
    That's exactly how I felt when, less than three minutes into the Cigarfest ticket sales, I was SOL.

Oh well, win a few, loose a few. Personally, I'd bet that if you call up your favorite rep, they'll come up with a way to make you happy. Me, I've already bought all the cigars I'm going to buy this month, but that offer WAS one hell of a nice deal.
  • Options
    I do got a couple of Armadas and Padron '26's heading my way, so I guess I shouldn't be so pissy.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    y2pascoe:
    I do got a couple of Armadas and Padron '26's heading my way, so I guess I shouldn't be so pissy.
    Yea, I saw that, and immediately asked myself, "Self, why the hell did you decide to stick with a cigar budget????!!!!"
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Heck yeah - I checked around 330 AM and it was already gone.
    Damnnnnn. Not surprised though - that's a steal for those cigars at that price

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    So the Oval is a fine stick indeed, and I have not yet tried the Reconquista (and I would love to might I add)-------but this said, am I the only one thinking the Liga & EP was a better deal overall? I mean AJs stuff we can get some good deals on around here whereas the others are a little harder to find deals on consistently. IMO anyway......still think I shoudlve gotten last nights deal though :/
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Vulchor:
    So the Oval is a fine stick indeed, and I have not yet tried the Reconquista (and I would love to might I add)-------but this said, am I the only one thinking the Liga & EP was a better deal overall? I mean AJs stuff we can get some good deals on around here whereas the others are a little harder to find deals on consistently. IMO anyway......still think I shoudlve gotten last nights deal though :/

Vulchor, PM
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Aw crap, I saw this at 12:01 am and thought it was normal Ave Maria, which I loathe. Just now I saw the "Reconquista" at the end, damnit!
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    KingoftheCove:
    y2pascoe:

i just make sure to stay up every night to catch it.
    I do the same...my bedtime is about 12:05, after I see the day's deals.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    jj20030:
    skweekz:
    KingoftheCove:
    y2pascoe:

As it was coming up I said "FINALLY"; only to follow that with "OH ****!", very disappointed in this years "Madness".
    Just for the record, called in and Nichole made it right. Can't beat the service!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    GoatmilkGoatmilk Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    I went back and forth on whether to order this one. Now I'm kicking myself for not jumping on it when I had the chance. Oh well we'll see what the last day brings.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Steve.....now send me one;)
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    montecristo tin up , read description,lol,, wish the deal was the other way around,lol
  • Options
    What's the difference between this and the regular Ave Maria? I think the regular one is decent, but nothing special. Honestly, it seems like a more expensive Sol Cubana Cuban Cabinet with a nicer band. Is the Reconquista a completely different blend?
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    Even though I have to get up at 4am for work Saturday, I will still set my alarm tonight for 11:05pm to check the final day's madness, then pass, or buy, then go back to bed.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys. We read your forum posts and noticed many of you were upset because our March Madness III deal sold out by 3 or 4am. In fact, we noticed a few comments refering to the "West Coasters" being treated better than the "East Coasters" due to the time difference. WELL - we just put up a replacement for all you living on the East Coast. Have at it! We'll see what we can do about resolving this issue permanently in the future to ensure everyone has an equal oppurtunity at each deal. Thanks for your support and awesome feedback - good or bad - keep it coming!
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Hey guys. We read your forum posts and noticed many of you were upset because our March Madness III deal sold out by 3 or 4am. In fact, we noticed a few comments refering to the "West Coasters" being treated better than the "East Coasters" due to the time difference. WELL - we just put up a replacement for all you living on the East Coast. Have at it! We'll see what we can do about resolving this issue permanently in the future to ensure everyone has an equal oppurtunity at each deal. Thanks for your support and awesome feedback - good or bad - keep it coming!

As of this posting, I'll only be ordering from Cigar.com. Talk about customer service. This is the true definition of it. And before anyone says it. No I'm not trying to brown nose. I like what I read!
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Dang Alex - you're pulling out all the stops this week!!! Thanks for the replacement and showing love to the "east coasters" (and people who actually need sleep). This is an awesome replacement deal and I'd be all over it but I already got a few of those Monte's in the humi that I've yet to smoke.

But once again you remind me why I will never order cigars from anywhere else online - Ccom has the best customer service, hands down. And you and the rest of the staff really do care about the customers and will go above and beyond to take care of us.

Many thanks, Alex!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Unthought_Known:
    What's the difference between this and the regular Ave Maria? I think the regular one is decent, but nothing special. Honestly, it seems like a more expensive Sol Cubana Cuban Cabinet with a nicer band. Is the Reconquista a completely different blend?

PM sent