Home General Discussion
Options

MARCH MADNESS RETURNS!

Comments

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    The "replacement deal" is an awesome gesture. CCOM customer service makes all others look like a joke. First class.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    Hey guys. We read your forum posts and noticed many of you were upset because our March Madness III deal sold out by 3 or 4am. In fact, we noticed a few comments refering to the "West Coasters" being treated better than the "East Coasters" due to the time difference. WELL - we just put up a replacement for all you living on the East Coast. Have at it! We'll see what we can do about resolving this issue permanently in the future to ensure everyone has an equal oppurtunity at each deal. Thanks for your support and awesome feedback - good or bad - keep it coming!
    Thanks, Alex! That's very cool of you guys. Much like the Duke of New York, CCOM customer service is "A #1".
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Great service as always Alex! A possible resolution for the future might be to have the deals go live at noon eastern time? Just a thought!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Alex is the best, this is why CCOM is #1 in my book. The Big A and The Beard are the dream team.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Yea interesting dilemna,, If they put a limit one only on the purchase then they might not sell as many,,maybe in this case a limit one per customer would of been the way to go.........
    Maybe changing the rotation to 12 "pm" est
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    The Kid:
    Yea interesting dilemna,, If they put a limit one only on the purchase then they might not sell as many,,maybe in this case a limit one per customer would of been the way to go.........
    Maybe changing the rotation to 12 "pm" est
    Eh, I'd rather not limit it to one per customer; maybe 2 or 3 at the most if there even is a limit. An easier time would be to just move the time to 9 pm or better yet, 12 in the afternoon EST, IMHO

EDIT - Aaaand I just jumped on 2 of the new deal as well. Not sure I wanna stay awake until midnight again, wallet might not be able to take it
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    As far as East Coasters getting the shaft, I disagree. I have kids and have to wake up at 5:15am to get ready for a long day at work. Even so I don't think it's too hard getting up or staying up until midnight for one week. I mean, it's only one week! And it only takes a few minutes, afterwards I just go to bed. It's really not that big a deal if you want to participate.
  • Options
    oilburneroilburner Posts: 91
    I agree. This is the cigar.com version of a black Friday sale. If you want the good deals on black Friday at a retail store, you might have to get up at 3am and camp out in front of the store to get a good deal. You have to put forth some effort to get the special. I had an alarm set to wake me up at midnight each night this week. I woke up, checked the deal, and went back to sleep.
    Sack up and put forth the effort. The beard wouldn't whine about missing a deal because it wasn't easy enough.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Judging by the pics Vinny is sending me...you East Coast guys can blame him for the sellouts! He's going friggin nuts!
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    oilburner:
    The beard wouldn't whine about missing a deal because it wasn't easy enough.
    The Beard has not the ability to whine. He's too busy plotting with Chuck Norris to take over small countries.
  • Options
    skweekz:
    oilburner:
    The beard wouldn't whine about missing a deal because it wasn't easy enough.
    The Beard has not the ability to whine. He's too busy plotting with Chuck Norris to take over small countries.
    The Beard doesn't accept deals. He orchestrates them.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Anyone else sitting by their computer or have a smart phone in hand waiting patiently(with a credit card in the other) :).
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    me! lol, ive watched every one of these pop up but have yet to bite (just got paid again today too...)
  • Options
    Making sure I wasn't the only one
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Anyone else getting nervous? I really don't want this to be another too-good-to-pass-up offer like the Reconquista/Oval deal I bit on... twice... last night.
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    i should have bought last night.....
  • Options
    Weak. Thankfully I get to pass.
  • Options
    Anti climactic
  • Options
    decent deal but im headed back to the sprint sale.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rail Jockey:
    +1
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Meh...
  • Options
    slum_lordeslum_lorde Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Rail Jockey:

I know what you mean.

Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    I just want that diesel crucible.
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    i figured they would go out with a bang tonight.....but kinda a dud......
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    ndhaon91:
    Anyone else getting nervous? I really don't want this to be another too-good-to-pass-up offer like the Reconquista/Oval deal I bit on... twice... last night.
    LOL,,,yea a bit relieved,,lol,, The dons blitz is tempting but gonna pass
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    asianbiker8:
    me too. I wouldnt mind the padila either not because i want to smoke it but mainly because i love their bands =)
  • Options
    asianbiker8:

Yeah a 5 pack of Crucible would have been the way to go for a sendoff. My wallet is grateful.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Disappointed. Last nights deal and the replacement Monte Cristo deals were much better IMO
  • Options
    oilburneroilburner Posts: 91
    Booooooo. Back to sleep. I was hoping for some super fantastic le bijou deal, but figured that was unlikely. Oh well.
  • Options
    xmacro:
    Disappointed. Last nights deal and the replacement Monte Cristo deals were much better IMO
    Could that have maybe been what they had planned for tonight/today?