Home General Discussion

Cigars and Bourbon

13»

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kevin1323:
    typically with one of these: image

Could someone tell me what this post is about? It doesn't seem to relate to any previous post to this thread. Thanks.....
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    Luko:
    Had some Buffalo Trace last night and it was great. I also picked up some Bulleit since I haven't tried that yet. I usually drink my bourbon with an ice cube. Just curious how you guys like to drink it?
    It was a response to this post, which was directly before it.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Depending on my mood, I will either have it neat, on the rocks (love the ice sphere pic), or with ginger ale and a lime. Also, if you haven't had an "Old Fashioned" yet, you must try one!
  • armaes8armaes8 Posts: 279
    I used to work at a scotch bourbon bar. We had 157 different bottles. Single malts, blended, rye, you name it. If you guys really want to taste the full flavor, just add ONE drop of water to any of it neat.. Actually sip it neat first, then wait a minute and add the drop. Then try! you will taste so many different flavors. Hope this helps fellas. Let me know what you think!
    Some top picks for sticks and drinks. Bookers, Basil Hayden, Oban, McCallan 10yr fine oak (sleeper pick because everyone thinks the higher the age the better) this one is top notch. And Glenmorangie PORTWOOD finish- hard to find though.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    armaes8:
    Some top picks for sticks and drinks. Bookers, Basil Hayden, Oban, McCallan 10yr fine oak (sleeper pick because everyone thinks the higher the age the better) this one is top notch. And Glenmorangie PORTWOOD finish- hard to find though.
    I personally have had great success with a spicy/smoky stick and a few fingers of Cragganmore Single Malt 12 year... just my 2 cents
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Not a bad pick. If you like peaty and some spice, look into ARDBEG, or TALISKER. looking for a smooth Irish whiskey, then look no further than RED ***. In my opinion, better than bush mills, or your everyday Jameson.
    Awesome, sounds like we have a new brother that is very knowledgeable about bourbon and whiskey. Glad to have you. My wife and I are spending 5 days taking bourbon tours in KY for our anniversary in Aug. The B&B we are staying in, actually gives classes in bourbon so we will attend that on the first night and then we are off to Woodford Reserve, Maker's Mark, Heaven Hill, Four Roses and Willet. Any suggestions would be great!
    Oh man that sounds amazing! I've done many tastings, and even spent a few days with Fred Booker Noe, Jim Beam's great, great ,great grandson. I love Four Roses, a complex, high heat, smooth finish bourbon. this one packs an elegant punch. Heaven Hill, and Willet are not bad, can't go wrong with Woodford. I like the small batches made by BEAM. those include KNOB CREEK, BOOKERS, BAKERS, and BASIL HAYDEN. if you like Makers Mark, I would suggest trying BAKERS. its a small batch that is made with a little more care and love than Makers. But its totally up to you. I look forward to seeing what you come up with while on vacation. send a few post! Enjoy your trip my friend.
    armaes8:
    Oh man that sounds amazing! I've done many tastings, and even spent a few days with Fred Booker Noe, Jim Beam's great, great ,great grandson. I love Four Roses, a complex, high heat, smooth finish bourbon. this one packs an elegant punch. Heaven Hill, and Willet are not bad, can't go wrong with Woodford. I like the small batches made by BEAM. those include KNOB CREEK, BOOKERS, BAKERS, and BASIL HAYDEN. if you like Makers Mark, I would suggest trying BAKERS. its a small batch that is made with a little more care and love than Makers. But its totally up to you. I look forward to seeing what you come up with while on vacation. send a few post! Enjoy your trip my friend.
    Will do! Thanks brotha!
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Any information on Sazerac Antique collection? Anyone?
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...