Home General Discussion
Options

THE GREAT CCOM FORUM BLEND!!

124»

Comments

• Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Obviously Phebe's favorite size would be aptly called "The Scared Squirrel"

Just a side note: I'm sure you guys are all psyched to try this new blend but I'm going nuts (no pun intended squirrel) waiting for this! I hope we can get some samples soon.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Rob1110:

Just a side note: I'm sure you guys are all psyched to try this new blend but I'm going nuts (no pun intended squirrel) waiting for this! I hope we can get some samples soon.

Or the Bushy Tail Pyramid ---starts out at about a 32 then ballons to a 60 with a shaggy foot ...hmmmm... we may be onto something ...hints of woodsy squirrels nest opening into a nutty acornish flavor with a long finish accented with notes of oak ...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Rob1110:

Hey Rob.. It's going to be a few months before we can get our hands( lips) on these... Read the first post on this thread, need some aging time for these beauties..
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Rob1110:

Or the Bushy Tail Pyramid ---starts out at about a 32 then ballons to a 60 with a shaggy foot ...hmmmm... we may be onto something ...hints of woodsy squirrels nest opening into a nutty acornish flavor with a long finish accented with notes of oak ...

Damn I almost want to try that ...LOL
  • Options
    gmill880:
    gmill880:
    Rob1110:

Damn I almost want to try that ...LOL

And we can drag 5 VEGAS into this too ....the 5 Vegas Rodent Relic ...they can put Pheebs new avatar on the band...I know ...its late ...I'm tired ...about time to call it a night ...
  • Options
    The bushy tail pyramid description actually sounds pretty good. I'd give it a try. And I know they're gonna need some aging time, I'm just getting excited/impatient about the whole thing. Overall, I think it's a great idea to get everyone involved and who knows, it could end up being a great cigar and total hit.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Cigar.Com Forum Label
    -------------------------------

My .02 - Petit Corona
    Bacon - Robusto
    More Bacon - Toro
    Most Bacon - Presidente
    The Alex - Perfecto

Sampler of each, plus a free cigar.com lighter or ashtray, 30.00

My .02

• Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Rob1110:

isn't that smaller than a Nub though...ha lol
  • Options
    Bad Andy:
    Rob1110:

isn't that smaller than a Nub though...ha lol
    Ouch!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I am with you guys, I'm excited as hell about this thing! I will be placing my order the day they tell us we can. This is part of the reason Ccom is the place to go!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Rob1110:

lol...
  • Options
    BigginBiggin Posts: 52
    I sure wish that I was in on this from the beginning.  Very cool idea!  I like the sampler idea, too.  I get to learn by reading and voting, then I get to learn by smoking.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    betasynn:
    The Alex - Perfecto
    Teacher's Pet
  • Options
    jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    Soooooo, is there a rough ETA on when these beauties will be available for purchase. I missed the sampler.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    jlzimmerman:
    Soooooo, is there a rough ETA on when these beauties will be available for purchase. I missed the sampler.
    The sampler hasn't even shipped yet and when I called to order the sampler a week and a half ago they said that they'd be getting them in a few weeks. My hope is that they will have the blends available for purchase at the same time as the samplers...

I have a feeling that ordering only one sampler will not be enough!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Lasabar:
    jlzimmerman:
    The sampler hasn't even shipped yet and when I called to order the sampler a week and a half ago they said that they'd be getting them in a few weeks. My hope is that they will have the blends available for purchase at the same time as the samplers...

Hate to be the one to break this to you Lassy but as far as I know there aren't going to be any blends after the samplers,,, just the samplers themselves. I brought that point up when I ordered several of the samplers because if they were very good, there was no gaurantee that there would be more made available.
    Now I am hoping that these will be such a hit that C.Com will put them into the regular inventory, but...these could turn out to be the most exclusive sticks the BOTL here ever get to try out.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Laker. They let you purchase more than 1? Oh man, I am so upset right now. I tried to order a second sampler and they told me that they were limited to 1 per customer. Dang it!

Alex, I have a bone to pick with you.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    rdnstn:
    Laker. They let you purchase more than 1? Oh man, I am so upset right now. I tried to order a second sampler and they told me that they were limited to 1 per customer. Dang it!

Alex, I have a bone to pick with you.
    Now, now. I can almost gaurantee that I was one of the first to get my order in. I was so **** about these things that I was bugging Jeff a week before they were able to be ordered just to make sure I would'nt miss out. I think after a day or more they were becoming more scarce and maybe they limited them then.
    I even mentioned in a post about the Forum Blend that I was going to get a couple because I was worried that I might love them and that C.COM may decide NOT to introduce these sticks to their regular inventory.Nobody commented on that post so I assumed nobody cared or had the same fear.
  • Options
    jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    laker1963:
    Lasabar:
    jlzimmerman:

Hate to be the one to break this to you Lassy but as far as I know there aren't going to be any blends after the samplers,,, just the samplers themselves. I brought that point up when I ordered several of the samplers because if they were very good, there was no gaurantee that there would be more made available.
    Now I am hoping that these will be such a hit that C.Com will put them into the regular inventory, but...these could turn out to be the most exclusive sticks the BOTL here ever get to try out.
    What?! This news is not what I wanted to see : ( I'll call tomorrow and hopefully my begging with bear some fruit.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Yeah, you are probably right Laker. I was kind of late getting my order in because I missed the threads that said they were available for presale. They might have limited them once supply got scarce. Either that or Jeff just hooked you up. I think it was Andrew that I talked to and he said that I couldn't, even after I begged him. LOL